No charging option in condo - Need advice

Does a hybrid not charge the battery from the petrol engine?

A friend has just rented a Honda Accord Hybrid, but does not need to charge it.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I didn't know hybrid cars had an electric charge point, I thought it was all down to engine and braking..

We have a hybrid bike, no charge point, just has a bigger battery...

If it has a charge point on the car, what is the car...?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I didn't know hybrid cars had an electric charge point, I thought it was all down to engine and braking..

Apparently there are two types pf hybrid. Self-charging....which get ALL their power from fossil fuel, and the other type which get their power from the petrol engine, plus some from the power station down the road, which is possibly burning coal, gas or uranium!

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you know  if there are others driving hybrids or BEV owners at the complex.  Also is the parking area 'open' to public or guarded.

Elexa will install charging station at vendors, condos.  If 'open' parking, then anyone could use, would be a plus, and no cost the the condo owners themselves.  We've stopped at coffee shops that have Elexa charging cables while O&A.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

PHEV or BEV vs FHEV (no plug in options)

Edited by KhunLA

A serviced apartment building near to us has banned EV charging in the car park located directly below the apartments at ground level. My brother-in-law who provides services to this building was asked to disconnect several wall sockets in the parking area and erect warning signs. The building insurers were communicating with the owners about this along with complaints about trip hazards created by cables charging electric scooters.

It's quite understandable that insurers would want to reduce risk from vehicles parked within a building structure knowing that some are extremely difficult to extinguish when on fire. I guess risk assessment for EV's on charge is still in its early stages.

• Agree 1