UPDATE: Swiss man’s visa revoked

webfact

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

However, revoking his visa before a court has decided his guilt or innocence is not following due process and the rule of law. 

It is mob rule, arbitrary and a very dangerous precedent for all expats.

Two extremely valid points, and we should all take them into consideration when planning our future in this country.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

You are looking at Thai folk complaining about a guest farangy, them showing their disdain, so forget about calling them a mob, that just shows your disdain of the Thai populace showing their anger.

I have not commented on visa issues, that is for the RTP to decide, it is their country, don't forget that, guest...............🤗

There is a reason why you sit In a concrete jungle not enjoying life. 

Please lord have mercy on this idiot as he knows no different to  field mouse 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, patman30 said:

or is there some way they can deny a foreigner to leave and not provide a visa for them to stay?

Yes, if he has a case in the court. He will be appointed an immigration officer and his passport produced by said officer as and when.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

If I read correctly they wish to revoke his LTR visa, that is all. That is a financial penalty or threat invoking a brown envelope. He can't return as a retiree as he is not old enough. So...

It has been said that his visa was up for renewal on March 13, so it couldn't be an LTR, which couldn't be extended before September 2027, or renewed before September 2032. Must be a Thai wife extension.

8 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

I hope that his Visa will NOT be revoked - not because he is a fellow Swiss, BUT because Switzerland does not want him back...

Exactly, we do not need this lovely specimen of a human being back within our country confines! Perhaps Thailand could deport him to North Korea?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

BTW I am a permanent resident that will become a naturalised Thai citizen next year. 

Makes no difference your status, you act the FOOL, you will be deported. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It is mob rule, arbitrary and a very dangerous precedent for all expats

Nothing at all for me to worry about. 

Its only a concern for the foolish, the idiots.

Sadly, lots of them here in Thailand. 

Its weird to read all the negative comments regarding expats and their residency longevity. 

Scare mongering, stop it, the weak will listen. 

Its a NO BRAINER, only stupid people should be concerned, troublemakers, boat rockers, agitators or hostile people.

Chill people, everything is OK. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

A nonsense post.

There was a mob assembled on Sunday morning calling for his deportation. 

Due process for visa cancellation or deportation must be followed, or we are all at risk. 

BTW I am a permanent resident that will become a naturalised Thai citizen next year. 

USA, Europe and the UK all have processes in place where they can deport people without a court order

For Thailand if you look at section 12 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 only number 6 involves a court

Number  6. Having been imprisoned by the judgement of the Thai Court ; or by a lawful injunction ; or by the judgement of the Court of foreign country , except when the penalty is foe petty offense or negligence or is provided for as an exception in the Ministerial Regulations.

https://www.samuiforsale.com/law-texts/immigration-act.html

A nonsense post.

There was a mob assembled on Sunday morning calling for his deportation. 

Due process for visa cancellation or deportation must be followed, or we are all at risk. 

I am also a PR holder...

I certainly agree this case must follow the proper / published protocols.  The local RTP making decisions on the run on visa issues is certainly not appropriate.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ujayujay said:

No court involved, if the immigration authority revokes a visa, there is no possibility of revocation!

As far as I have read the story, a court case is going on about the ambulance incident:

Lieutenant Colonel Sarupong Thanomjit, the Region 8 Commander, has disclosed that Mr. David faced a previous incident in December of last year, 2024, related to a road altercation. A viral video captured him appearing to refuse to yield to an ambulance on a road in Phuket and even appearing to gesture rudely with his middle finger.

Subsequently, the ambulance driver lodged a complaint with the police and shared the video on social media. In response, Mr. David also filed a legal report against the driver, alleging that false information had been disseminated online, tarnishing his reputation and causing defamation.

1 hour ago, patman30 said:

"we have a problem" is usually fixed with a brown envelope
will likely need be a very fat brown envelope in Phuket
or smaller brown envelope somewhere else
but if he does not have a visa, he cannot stay to face charges
so if they want him to face charges he will need a visa 
if he is not officially blacklisted
he could also get a visa elsewhere and return
but that is only if they let him leave, then see above
or is there some way they can deny a foreigner to leave and not provide a visa for them to stay?

Any immigration officer seeing this as the reason on the immigration system "threat to the safety and order of the people under Article 12 of the Immigration Act".... will not allow him to enter... period... regardless of whether he is officially blacklisted... 

My guess... He would have to do something like hire a lawyer to see if they can work their 'magic' (after he is deported), and see if they can 'clean up the record'...  but it would be very costly... 

Addendum (just looked up the appeal form): Or maybe not from afar, god only knows how the appeal (TM 12) against revocation of Visa goes, but the form says it must be submitted in person.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

2 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Any immigration officer seeing this as the reason on the immigration system "threat to the safety and order of the people under Article 12 of the Immigration Act".... will not allow him to enter... period... regardless of whether he is officially blacklisted... 

My guess... He would have to do something like hire a lawyer to see if they can work their 'magic' (after he is deported), and see if they can 'clean up the record'...  but it would be very costly... 

Nah, he can use the "connections" of his wifee to clear that up (after filling the brown enveloppes).

28 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

There is a reason why you sit In a concrete jungle not enjoying life. 

Please lord have mercy on this idiot as he knows no different to  field mouse 

I am not sure who you are referring too in your post....

Your second line is even more confusing, though sounds interesting..

You could have another try.........🤗

13 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I am also a PR holder...

I certainly agree this case must follow the proper / published protocols.  The local RTP making decisions on the run on visa issues is certainly not appropriate.

But immigration is a branch of the RTP, plus the offence is looked at by the local RTP to do what they think best.......

MP Anutin is now going to the scene of the crime, it's all hands on deck, sadly for Dave..............😋

2 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Nah, he can use the "connections" of his wifee to clear that up (after filling the brown enveloppes).

In Thailand's class hierarchy, does the wife have any status worth anything?  IMHO, This would require a lot of smoothing over (i.e. multiple levels of bureaucracy will need to be 'convinced')... something I don't think just any Thai would be able to navigate the maze of connections.

1 hour ago, zhounan said:

My question remains the same:

would the result have been the same if he would have kicked a worker from Isaan?

NO!

The Isan worker and his mates would have as a minimum beaten him up and probably nicked his phone and wallet!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

But immigration is a branch of the RTP, plus the offence is looked at by the local RTP to do what they think best.......

MP Anutin is now going to the scene of the crime, it's all hands on deck, sadly for Dave..............😋

Sure, The Thai Immigration Bureau is a part of the RTP.

Still seems to me that the officers of the Thai Immigration bureau are the officers who have the specific knowledge needed and authority, not your average plod.

Edited by scorecard

11 minutes ago, transam said:

I am not sure who you are referring too in your post....

Your second line is even more confusing, though sounds interesting..

You could have another try.........🤗

Why can you not understand written English, is this not your native language, if not I say sorry. 

I this case maybe do a podcast where you only speak not write 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Sure, The Thai Immigration Bureau is a part of the RTP.

Still seems to me that the officers of the Thai Immigration bureau are the officers who have the specific knowledge needed and authority, not your average plod.

Correct, and they will do it, even more so now the MP is involved.....

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

This man, being smug and full of himself, forgot where he is and that he's a guest in this country that

doesn't tolerate such, 'I'm better than you' type of behaviour towards the locals,

Maybe that will teach him a lesson where ever he will thing to go and retire next...

As I said in a previous post "Do you know who I am?" 

He's obviously forgotten that in the eyes of Immigration he is an "Alien"! - EXTERMINATE!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, 2008bangkok said:

Why can you not understand written English, is this not your native language, if not I say sorry. 

I this case maybe do a podcast where you only speak not write 

I am English, I am sorry if I cannot understand your English efforts, I would be grateful if you could make your post understandable, and not go off on a tangent regarding my English, English. 😘

There's a good chap..........:clap2:

10 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm out for a drink tonight to celebrate. 🥳

Best news I've heard.

Let us know his departing flight, we will wave him goodbye. 

IB has not issued any deportation or visa revocation order yet, so far it's just a request from the police investigating and the Swiss is fighting it legally.