How can I improve my relationship?

Reminds me of a song by Marianne Faithfull.

Why are you busy for busy sake?

Are you rolling in money, or just work for the hell of it?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Njoku said:

For you dear sir the way forward assuming you live in Thailand is have a part time TGF, Thai women either want to move in with you 2 hrs after they met you or are so busy themselves see you once a week or fortnight....

The latter is much preferred.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jackie Szoboszlai said:

I am a workaholic. I love my work more than my partner. However, as a human, living alone all the time can't be easy for me. One thing my ex partners never try to understand is why I am trying so hard. They always call me a robot. They are not entirely wrong because I spend most of my time working instead of chatting with the partner. So, it is not too surprising to see my partner getting easily annoyed with me. How can I improve my relationship?

Whats your oral game like ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Njoku said:

For you dear sir the way forward assuming you live in Thailand is have a part time TGF, Thai women either want to move in with you 2 hrs after they met you or are so busy themselves see you once a week or fortnight....

The OP, Jackie Szoboszlai is a bloke ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Jackie Wilson was a bloke.

Jackie Chan?

Hey, don't rain on my parade.

Was hoping Jackie Szoboszlai is a chick and was planning to tune her up and slip her a length.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Cut off the money supply to them.  They will start respecting you.

If you have already offered a money supply, the respect was already gone.

• Love It 1

15 hours ago, Jackie Szoboszlai said:

I am a workaholic. I love my work more than my partner. However, as a human, living alone all the time can't be easy for me. One thing my ex partners never try to understand is why I am trying so hard. They always call me a robot. They are not entirely wrong because I spend most of my time working instead of chatting with the partner. So, it is not too surprising to see my partner getting easily annoyed with me. How can I improve my relationship?

The answer is in the question.

Does it makes sense to say you can't live alone and when you have someone, you have no time for them?

You are hurting them by admitting that your work is an obsession.

You should be passionate about anything that is worthwhile, but "obsessive,  "NO!

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Jackie Szoboszlai said:

Go for a qualified psychotherapy. It will help. The best with your partner together🙏

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Working for some is like an addiction, we tell ourselves we need to keep the job, keep the income, and fear losing it.

I just retired and struggled for months to adjust to spend time with wife and kids.

Now I see what I missed 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

question is which other poster is jackie?

Looks like all of the op’s posts are just to increase traffic stats from what i see.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jackie Szoboszlai said:

I am a workaholic. I love my work more than my partner

Guess it is posted to impress and gain some admiration.

Edited by freeworld
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Cut off the money supply to them.  They will start respecting you.

:cheesy:No, she will leave you:cheesy:....no money, no honey:cheesy:

Edited by ujayujay

ChatGPT has the answers you are looking for....

Balancing a strong work ethic with maintaining a healthy relationship can be challenging, but it's definitely possible with some effort and understanding. Here are some steps you can take to improve your relationship while still being dedicated to your work:

1. **Communicate Openly:** Start by having an honest conversation with your partner about your passion for your work and why it's important to you. Explain your goals and the reasons behind your dedication. This can help them understand your perspective better.

2. **Set Boundaries:** Establish clear boundaries between work and personal time. Allocate specific times during the day or week dedicated solely to your partner and stick to them. This shows that you value and prioritize your relationship.

3. **Quality Over Quantity:** Focus on the quality of the time you spend together rather than the quantity. When you are with your partner, be fully present. Engage in meaningful conversations and activities that you both enjoy.

4. **Show Appreciation:** Regularly express your appreciation and love for your partner. Small gestures, such as leaving notes, planning surprises, or simply saying thank you, can go a long way in making your partner feel valued.

5. **Involve Them:** If possible, involve your partner in your work life in small ways. Share your achievements and challenges with them. This can help them feel included and understand the demands of your work better.

6. **Seek Balance:** Try to achieve a balance between your work and personal life. While your work is important, so is your relationship. Finding a middle ground where both can coexist will benefit you in the long run.

7. **Professional Help:** If balancing work and relationships continues to be challenging, consider seeking help from a therapist or counselor. They can provide strategies and insights tailored to your specific situation.

8. **Self-Reflection:** Reflect on why you prioritize work over relationships. Understanding your motivations can help you make conscious decisions about how to better balance your life.

9. **Plan Together:** Set goals together as a couple. This can include future plans, vacations, or simply weekend activities. Working towards common goals can strengthen your bond and give you both something to look forward to.

10. **Time Management:** Improve your time management skills to ensure you're not overworking. This can free up more time for your partner without compromising your work.

Remember, relationships require effort from both sides. While your dedication to work is admirable, finding a balance is crucial for maintaining a healthy and fulfilling relationship.