Passport copies for retirement extension?

3 minutes ago, Goethe said:

TiT. From day to day, IO to IO the rules may change. 

Not according to ms grumpy who we had, she said they always follow the same rules, right!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Not according to ms grumpy who we had, she said they always follow the same rules, right!

It's unfortunate that surprises can occur.

I recently had my stamps transferred to new pp and CW requested photocopies of all pages of bank book and account update.

This has never been a requirement.

Doesn't Samut Prakan have photocopy stall? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's unfortunate that surprises can occur.

I recently had my stamps transferred to new pp and CW requested photocopies of all pages of bank book and account update.

This has never been a requirement.

Doesn't Samut Prakan have photocopy stall? 

Yes at several times the cost in sois, had to do them at home as they refused extension. She also wanted copies of the last bank book covering last years extension but did not have that one me. Doing battle again tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, digbeth said:

so are you going to refuse what they ask and make your life difficult?

Asking why or if what they demand has legal basis isn't going to help your situation 

Where did I suggest I was going to refuse any of their demands. ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I recently renewed my extension and they wanted copy of every extension showing in my passport.

These wanted every page with stamps in, even foreign ones

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Worse than me, but I must say my IO was a sweetheart. First time ever.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, proton said:

Just being proactive in training all the IO's how to look for and spot a "Thai Tax Resident"   5555

Edited by MeePeeMai
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I am looking forward to do next extension on the monthly transfer method.

As I never had planned to do so in the past it's a "daily use" account and the one year statement might be 2 meters long 😄

I already started to do minor stuff with another account.

Another praise for KK, never such meaningless harassment.

Copies of what is relevant and that's it.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice to read about Immigration offices in Thailand,

spreading there love and harmony, to there alien customers, that come through there doors, every day.

Please remember,  you are a guest here.  :cheesy:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

Nice to read about Immigration offices in Thailand,

spreading there love and harmony, to there alien customers, that come through there doors, every day.

Please remember,  you are a guest here.  :cheesy:

Unwelcome guest.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, thainet said:

Start a thread for this trivial item. Just make copies of all pages and give them what they need. Make a note for next years renewal.

I did that before many years ago an IO demanded all pages done even the blanks. Next year I took them all in as requested and the IO accused me of wasting his time as he had to go through them taking out 5 and giving me the rest back. I am all for abiding by the rules, I just wish they were.

• Confused 1

For years have had a portfolio of every conceivable document connected with/to my presence in Thailand..in duplicates.

To date have never needed to dip into any other than the usual for many many  consecutive extensions.

I have witnessed first hand expats making (their) lives difficult by demonstrating hubris at the least opportune moment.

Som num nah to them !

I do indeed  understand that in some locations Imm. Offices/ Officers have  habit of being less than altogether "besties" but when considering the attitudes of way too many Gants who can be surprised  really ?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The most difficult thing is when you do an extension and have had it for some years and every time they demand to see original non immigrant visa stamp. In my case its in an old passport and difficult to find. So no matter how many times you extend you have to always keep a copy of potentionally a 20 year old stamp. This should be in the computer but of course it never is.

13 minutes ago, paahlman said:

The most difficult thing is when you do an extension and have had it for some years and every time they demand to see original non immigrant visa stamp. In my case its in an old passport and difficult to find

Which immigration office?

That should not be required.

When you obtain a passport renewal the details of the non O are transferred 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MPoll said:

Copies are cheap and passports aren’t that big. Copy the whole passport. Give them what you think they want. If they want more then give them that. Nothing wrong with being over prepared if it is easy and cheap to do so.

Yeah copy all your old pass ports bank books and print out all your 90 day reports you never know! Last year they did want 90 day report slips, this year not. Just off again.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, paahlman said:

The most difficult thing is when you do an extension and have had it for some years and every time they demand to see original non immigrant visa stamp. In my case its in an old passport and difficult to find. So no matter how many times you extend you have to always keep a copy of potentionally a 20 year old stamp. This should be in the computer but of course it never is.

I always take that, never been asked as yet, but it would not surprise me.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, proton said:

I have always just done the main page, original non O visa page, last arrival page and the current extension page, TM6 is no longer a thing. Today at samut prakan office they suddenly want all pages with stamps on Thai or not, when did this start? I was once told they wanted all pages even the blank ones but the next year when I had them all was accused of wasting the IO's time, so since then I just stuck to the relevant ones, or what I thought were.

They look at your face first, and only then make the decision on which pages to submit.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I recently renewed my extension and they wanted copy of every extension showing in my passport.

I have to do the same at CM every extension and I find the IO's are more pleasant when they see you've been here for quite a while and that it's not your first or second extension they tend not to come up with all the ridiculous extras they sometimes ask for. This year the IO (female) that checked my paperwork saw all the extension copies and said "wow you've been here a long time". Instead of giving me a queue number she just told me to go inside and wait for my name to be called. She took the paperwork to the IO issuing the extensions, 20 minutes later called for the photo and then waited to receive my passport back form another friendly IO who said see you again next year.  Can't complain about that kind of service.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1