400THB withdrawal fee foreign Visa debit card

28 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

what are you talking about, your slip shows an amount of 400 baht and 0 fee.

0.00 is the account balance and I took of 10.000THB ,since it is a foreign debit card and not a Kasikorn Card then the balance should be 0THB,just like that.Anyway sms from my bank shows 10220THB what would be the correct fee.I just don't understand the slip.BTW who takes out 400THB with a foreign card???

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

If you're using a foreign bank debit card, why does the "Issuing Bank" show, "BAYA"?
BAYA is the code for the Bank of Ayudhya, better known as "Krungsri" (or "The Yellow One" for newcomers and and tourists)
Thai banks (generally) don't charge customers of other banks for using their ATMs.  They also don't - because they can't get the information from the owner's bank - display the account balance.

It's not your slip.

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Hi is 400THB withdrawal fee normal?Normaly I pay 220THB with a foreign Visa debit card

atm.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Why would you use a FOREIGN Bank Card at a ATM in ANY country UNLESS in a emergency OR you do not have a bank account in the target country.  Exchange rates are HORRIBLE, and service charges range from 200bt UPWARDS.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 6/19/2024 at 1:22 PM, The Oracle said:

Thai banks (generally) don't charge customers of other banks for using their ATMs.  They also don't - because they can't get the information from the owner's bank - display the account balance.

Either I don't understand your post or I have to deny.

If you use an ATM card of a Thai bank that is in the cash pool network (most) then:

1) you can show the balance of your account even on other banks ATM anytime. Try it.

2) they add fees depending on location of your branch and how often you used other banks ATM (like 15 or 20 Baht). Four withdrawals per calendar month within the region/province at other banks ATM are free (conditions set by your bank).

That's from experience (and fine prints).

Checked Bangkok Bank balance at a BAAC ATM nearby, withdraw at other banks ATM uncounted times.

Even many Thai people seem to be unaware. They queue at an ATM to withdraw money while other ATMs are available.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 6/19/2024 at 12:08 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

what are you talking about, your slip shows an amount of 400 baht and 0 fee.

On 6/19/2024 at 12:52 PM, JayClay said:

Is that definitely your slip and not somebody else's that was left in the machine? Because, as @ChaiyaTH says, the slip in the photograph appears to show a withdrawl of 400bt with no fee.

On 6/19/2024 at 12:58 PM, steven100 said:

Well something isn't correct with that bank slip. 

It's definitely your slip and not someone else's   ?

It shows a fee of  0 baht

It shows a withdrawal amount of  400 baht

It is not showing any balance at all.  

On 6/19/2024 at 12:58 PM, NowNow said:

That's not your receipt.

The slip doesn't show the 10k withdrawal. What I see is:

Amount                    Bath

Fee amount               400

A\C balance                  0

So maybe it's not your receipt, but if you got 10k out of the machine and your bank balance shows a withdrawal of 10,220 (you say you got SMS from the bank?) Your alright, you just paid the normal 220 fee

2 hours ago, edwardflory said:

Why would you use a FOREIGN Bank Card at a ATM in ANY country UNLESS in a emergency OR you do not have a bank account in the target country.  Exchange rates are HORRIBLE, and service charges range from 200bt UPWARDS.

Actually, exchange rates are normally quite good. At this moment, the Visa rate (which I would get from using my foreign debit card at an ATM here) is 36.61 THB/USD, only marginally lower than the SuperRich cash rate of 36.67. And the fees and charges are dependent on your bank. If your card has no foreign exchange fee and refunds all ATM fees - as mine does - then the "service charges" are zero.

3 hours ago, edwardflory said:

I have Thai bank cards, but sometimes use my USA Chase Bank card to keep from using all of my THB here. The exchange rates are very good and Chase reimburses me for the 220B fee, so there's no downside to using it. It saves me from having to make SWIFT wire transfers which have incoming wire fees at my Thai banks.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Actually, exchange rates are normally quite good. At this moment, the Visa rate (which I would get from using my foreign debit card at an ATM here) is 36.61 THB/USD, only marginally lower than the SuperRich cash rate of 36.67. And the fees and charges are dependent on your bank. If your card has no foreign exchange fee and refunds all ATM fees - as mine does - then the "service charges" are zero.

What bank's that then? Bangkok bank charged me 500Bt for a replacement  debit card when I lost  my original one.

• Confused 1

On 6/19/2024 at 1:20 PM, mrmicbkktxl said:

Now I think too it is not my slip but it came out together with my money,oh man

Take more water with it

On 6/19/2024 at 7:20 AM, mrmicbkktxl said:

Now I think too it is not my slip but it came out together with my money,oh man

What likely happened was theat the previous customer failed to take his receipt, leaving it in the slot. Then you arrived...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

What bank's that then? Bangkok bank charged me 500Bt for a replacement  debit card when I lost  my original one.

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic.🙄

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

This thread is amazing, just indicates the level of boredom experienced by posters (OK, myself included).  OP asked a daft question because he took somebody elses recepit.  If ever there was a non-question this has to be it.

• Like 1