Classrooms in Louisiana Must All Display Ten Commandments

Social Media

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Does this law in your opinion violate the constitution's separation of state and religion?

It may... I do not know the particulars of this piece of legislation... appearance is that it does but we won't know for sure until it runs its course thru the legal system.  That said, I am by no means a supporter of organized religion... but I am just curious what sources are being used for guidance for todays' youth on moral and ethical development... seems the anti religion group offer no alternative.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Denim said:

11 x 14 inches is not exactly large. Could be prominently positioned on the back of the door just beneath the coat hook.

Or printed in soft paper so as to at least provide some practical application.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

As long as they display relevant quotations alongside from all other major religions such as Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc, this can reinforce the teaching of comparative religion that all children should receive before making their own choice of which, if any, they choose to follow.

But of course we all know these southern baptist bible beaters have zero plans to display all religiions..just theirs as god has personally assured them that theirs is the only real/true religion and everyone else is full of crap. 

Better have a very big wall if you plan to display all the "major" fairy tales rules ....and as an atheist i want my own plack.  OR just don't display any of them and follow the idea of separation of church and state where the schools that receive tax dollars have to follow the rules as outlined in the US constitution.

Churches already get tax free treatment worth billions in unpaid property taxes now they want to shove their fairy tales down the throats of kids and stick their old white male noses into women's vaginas and tell them what they can and cannot do with their own bodies.  Taliban 101.  Maga Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Well, God does bless America, doesn't he? It's a small sacrifice to make! :whistling:

in Pledge of Allegence, "One nation under god" was not in the original pledge. It was added later by Congress.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

AND post all the variations of teachings within each religion. Buddhism, Christianity and Islam are not unified in their beliefs.

AND do not overlook religions of aborigines and indigenous peoples who don't follow Western or Arab faiths. You might have to double the size of classroom walls for all the postings.

Shouldn't nonreligious and agnostic persons also have equal representation in posters?

And the Satanists, don’t forget the Satanists.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I am sure some thought those who opposed the nazi and the early taliban were said to be hysterical.  How did that work out.

the same taliban that have been in the white house before meeting with US officials ? 

Edited by stoner