Police Commission Votes to Remove 'Big Joke' from Service

webfact

10 hours ago, PeachCH said:

No, he is not honest! 

Maybe Yes Maybe No I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Pol Gen Surachate said the money he spends comes from his wife Sirinatda, the daughter of Bancha Panitchapong, a billionaire transport and property tycoon in Songkhla, his home province.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Maybe Yes Maybe No I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Pol Gen Surachate said the money he spends comes from his wife Sirinatda, the daughter of Bancha Panitchapong, a billionaire transport and property tycoon in Songkhla, his home province.

I could name at least one other place that he's forgotten and this information didn't come from a bar stool in Pattaya either!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed. I bet he has a lot of incriminating evidence about people in very high places! 

Indeed, if the dismissal stands he won't take it laying down.. he'll make life very difficult for many in high places... not just the RTP which he knows inside out, how it works and whose on the take.

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Nobody in a senior position in the police is honest.

You buy your promotions in a secret auction.  Lower members are given targets of how much they must collect and pass up the chain.  Everyone has a target they must pass up the chain of command, over and above that target they can keep.  If you don't play their game you don't get promoted.

Aspiring district chiefs often bid half a million dollars or more for the top job.  The numbers involved are vast.

The problem is this guy knows all the dirt on everyone, he's more than likely to have been told go quietly and you can keep your ill-gotten gains, but he isn't going quietly or easily, it's a big problem for all the seniors, I am surprised he is still alive, IMHO he must have spread the dirt with lawyers to be released on his untimely death.

Feasible. 

On 6/27/2024 at 11:38 AM, jippytum said:

Do you think rich people are not greedy and corrupt

nope never said that at all. Just corrected the original posters comments implying all his money came from corruption which is far from facts. He may very well be corrupt but you or I dont know that, its all speculation that every cop and govt official is. 

• Agree 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:37 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Who he is in conflict with has far more power than his backers have. 

See @bamnutsak post earlier in the thread.

the power of who he's in conflict with has nothing to do with what dirt he knows from his history of working in the various departments and agencies in the govt and the people he's had to deal with over his lifetime. The real power is much higher up the food chain and has been there for quite some time and will remain there for a long time in the future. 

Edited by Dan O
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Dan O said:

nope never said that at all. Just corrected the original posters comments implying all his money came from corruption which is far from facts. He may very well be corrupt but you or I dont know that, its all speculation that every cop and govt official is. 

<deleted>

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

the power of who he's in conflict with has nothing to do with what dirt he knows from his history of working in the various departments and agencies in the govt and the people he's had to deal with over his lifetime. The real power is much higher up the food chain and has been there for quite some time and will remain there for a long time in the future. 

There is no higher power than the backers of who he is in conflict with.

Hope that clarifies.

38 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Have you READ anything about Big Joke in the last four years?  Obviously, you haven't or you would not ask such a question.  His whole mission is making life difficult for resident farangs.

Err what? 

Big Joke made some noise, certainly

I don't recall an increasingly xenophobic ant-foreign narrative in the media, or threats of taxation under his tenure

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Have you READ anything about Big Joke in the last four years?  Obviously, you haven't or you would not ask such a question.  His whole mission is making life difficult for resident farangs.

I'm also interested to know where this accusation comes from. He hasn't had any dealings with foreigners now for years. If you want to go after somebody who seemed to have a grudge against foreigners, try Anutin.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

What has a copper got to do with taxation..........🙄

I'm sorry I cannot explain using emojis and pictures, but Mr Jarvis infers that Big Joke was problematic for foreigners, when he  is but a single man who has been ousted by an entire government with a much more pronounced anti-foreign outlook.  

Edited by n00dle

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

I'm sorry I cannot explain using emojis and pictures, but Mr Jarvis infers that Big Joke was problematic for foreigners, when he  is but a single man who has been ousted by an entire government with a much more pronounced anti-foreign outlook.  

What has a copper got to do with taxation.....?  🤔

On 6/27/2024 at 8:37 AM, bamnutsak said:

12-nil

Not a good score for the Hapkarn side.

This is his third brush with banishment, and his connection to Thaksin (Hapkarn's father was the family driver for Potjamon's family), and Prawit (his godfather/)sponsor are weaker than Big Tor (whose brother is the King's Personal Private Secretary and head of the Crown Property Bureau (as well as an RTAF ACM).

Will Hapkarn rise again? Probably? Maybe? In his last year of eligibility for the top job.

He always claims he knows where the bodies are buried but he never delivers on those threats. Which indicates he may not be super-clean himself.

Watch this space.