How to get 1 year Thai visa?

17 minutes ago, timendres said:

Please, and with the utmost respect, I beg you to reread what you have typed here.

This is the introduction to every story of a man losing everything in Thailand.

My suggestion would be to enter on the longest tourist visa you can obtain.

Then I would extend that visa once while I was in Thailand.

I am not sure what your passport allows, but if you can get a 30 day visa and extend

that another 30 days, this will give you two months in Thailand. While you are here,

you can meet with a legitimate (I stress legitimate) agent who can detail all of your

options for you, and the cost involved with executing those options.

Finally, my strongest recommendation is to not settle on one Thai gf/wife for at least

one year. Date. Go out and party a little. Flirt with girls at the mall. Just do not commit

to anyone for at least one year. This will possibly help you avoid disaster. And even if

I did marry a Thai woman, I would likely never buy or build a house here. That is a more

difficult decision to make, because some guys here have done exactly that, and they

are very happy. But I believe they are the exception. Personally, I would not do it, unless

I was simply "gifting" the house to the girl.

Well said.   And i would strongly recommend keeping your finances to yourself and not sharing them with any prospective " wife" you might consider.

And as someone succinctly pointed out, you sound needy, thus making you emotionally vulnerable to the wrong sort of woman.

For goodness sake take the advice you have been given and please take your time and explore Thailand first.

Edited by Raindancer
  • Like 1

freidns thank you for advice. i think i will coming to thailand first for holidays one year and playing the fields. i have just sold my house in holland so money is OK for me. guys, are thai women as lovely as people say? i have heard very good things about lovely laydies there i really want to try i'm so lonely in holland. i cant wait to go thailand for fun times thanks again friends.

• Sad 5
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm sure that there are some additional financial requirements that he'd need to take into consideration, aren't there?  Money in the bank, monthly income?

Yes you are quite right, 400k or 40k income, plus house and top of the range pickup purchase.

35 minutes ago, droopy swingers said:

freidns thank you for advice. i think i will coming to thailand first for holidays one year and playing the fields. i have just sold my house in holland so money is OK for me. guys, are thai women as lovely as people say? i have heard very good things about lovely laydies there i really want to try i'm so lonely in holland. i cant wait to go thailand for fun times thanks again friends.

to me thai womens are all the same, it doesn't matter if they work in a bar or they are normal women, they are all teached to take the big fish. My suggestion is to come here and enjoy your life alone, just hangout, have a girlfriend but do not marry, it will cost you money for sure. I have learned lots of things here to not fall into these traps. They don't care that you feel alone believe me. I prefer to stay alone really, i am happy with myself and i only spend my own money for myself. I know many foreigners even got kids with thai womens, that is more money to lose. Lucky me i didn't make kids, i was not so silly

Edited by Jack1988
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, droopy swingers said:

Staying here is easier if over 50, so need to know this to provide your options. 

If under 50, you can still do it, but will be different options.

I would keep the "love life" issues in a separate post - is much to learn - best learned BEFORE you get here.

• Agree 2

This is crazy, OP just joined forum, has never been to Thailand, won't say his age and wants info on how to get a 1 year visa so he can marry a Thai and buy her a house.

How about read the info on the forum you just joined and then come to Thailand on visa exempt to see if you even like the place. You might not.

This can't be real as who gets a one year visa to a place they've never been, never mind he wants to pay all that money for an Elite visa.

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 2

I'll give you 2 pieces of advice:

1. Answer the questions asked by Tod Daniels so that people can understand your situation.

2. Do not come to Thailand looking for a wife.  Spend some time on your own, learn about the country and its ways but especially learn about the Thai women that have only one interest - your bank balance.  That is not to say that all Thai women are that way but a sizeable proportion of those looking for a foreign husband will bleed you dry, make your life a misery. Meet one of those and you'll end up alone and back in your home country penniless within a very short time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I'll give you 2 pieces of advice:

1. Answer the questions asked by Tod Daniels so that people can understand your situation.

2. Do not come to Thailand looking for a wife.  Spend some time on your own, learn about the country and its ways but especially learn about the Thai women that have only one interest - your bank balance.  That is not to say that all Thai women are that way but a sizeable proportion of those looking for a foreign husband will bleed you dry, make your life a misery. Meet one of those and you'll end up alone and back in your home country penniless within a very short time.

I don't think he is listening.

To put an emotional post, baring your soul to a public forum, is not the sign of an emotionally mature individual, who admits to wanting to find love.

If he does exactly the same with a Thai woman, when he finally arrives here, he will be destitute before he knows it.

I genuinely feel sorry for him, but he seems to have his mind made up.

You should be aware of the new income tax law interpretation that took place this year 2024 and implications for possible more changes to come.  By coming on a temporary visa, it should enable you to visit several areas depending on type of life you want to lead here and experience the weather differences.  

Briefly, you could apply for a non-immigrant visa which, subject to age and financial conditions, you could extend annually. However please note carefully the good advice given to you by earlier posters. Commit to nothing in Thailand until you have spent some time here, and even then proceed with great caution. Thailand is not a good place for well-meaning but naive people.

• Agree 2