In Person 90 day report after international travel required

I have done many online 90 day reports online without issue.  This last one was rejected with a statement that the first 90 report after a trip outside of Thailand requires an In Person Report.  I'm not referring to the initial 1st report.  Chon Buri Immigration.  

Is this something new and everywhere?

Screenshot_20240707_102541_Gmail~2.jpg

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

This is the case at Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok as well. I just submitted my 90-day report online after returning to Thailand from abroad, and I got the same message.

Do you have 15 days remaining till due date? 

You could do TM47 via mail

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The Rejection clearly says "in person" not mail.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yeah it has always been the case for as long as I remember that you need to do a 90 day report in person after returning to the country. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I have heard of people having that issue with TM30s but not with TM47.  I have done 11 in a row including some international trips with no issues.  Only this one time.

Edited by AAArdvark
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not anymore. Just nine days now. How far in advance does it have to be done if done by mail? And is there a downloadable form that I would need to use? And where would I need to mail it to? Thanks.

14 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

Not anymore. Just nine days now. How far in advance does it have to be done if done by mail? And is there a downloadable form that I would need to use? And where would I need to mail it to? Thanks.

This attached thread perhaps for future reports as CW require mail 14 days prior.

This attached thread starts CM related however provides good information.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1297097-mail-in-90-day-report/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BangkokHank said:

Good questions.  I would think that it would be wise to do it as early as possible since it would be difficult to know if it actually didn't get lost.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Tookta said:

Just returned from UK 3 months ago just completed 90day online accepted immediately 

Without immigration office detail, post means little. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Doesn't seem to be a problem for most people posting here.

It's a problem for me. 

Travel OFTEN to Saigon and if I had to attend in person for TM47/TM30 every time after international travel it would be a pain to say the least.

18 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

This is the case at Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok as well. I just submitted my 90-day report online after returning to Thailand from abroad, and I got the same message. So I'll have to waste a whole day of my life going all the way across Bangkok just to let them know that I'm living in the same place that I've been living for the past few years.

65km drive each way for me if this is the case in Buriram. 

Although on line has worked for me before. 

Same the TM30. 

Not required they say.

Same address as before. 

Friend of mine returned from EU 2024 did his 90 day online got confirmation it was successful printed and attached to his passport , flying out got pulled by immigration 20,000b fine and 1 year ban, showed the printout not interested pay up or go IDC.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a problem for me. 

Travel OFTEN to Saigon and if I had to attend in person for TM47/TM30 every time after international travel it would be a pain to say the least.

Just asking because your comment is unclear: If you OFTEN travel out of Thailand, you shouldn't have many TM47 to fill, right?

• Agree 1

OP, I received the same notice last month when I tried doing my first 90 day report after arriving back in Thailand from an international trip.  I do 1-2 international trips every year and in the past I was always able to do my first 90 day report online here in Chiang Rai.  It looks like immigration updated the system so that there is more consistency across offices.

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

65km drive each way for me if this is the case in Buriram. 

Although on line has worked for me before. 

Same the TM30. 

Not required they say.

Same address as before. 

TM30 is not the issue

2 hours ago, Tookta said:

Just returned from UK 3 months ago just completed 90day online accepted immediately 

As this is a new rule, you may have just gotten in under the wire.

• Confused 1