What sort of ATM are you?

I give away around 10K a month on average.  But I don't like to give to people asking for it.  I like helping people I see that I think need some help.  I have even had some of them refuse to take my money.

• Like 1

How many of you had mothers that worked? 

If she didn't then surely your father gave her monthly (housekeeping) to pay for the food, the cleaning supplies, kids clothes, her own clothes and whatever else she needed or the family needed. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

I give away around 10K a month on average.  But I don't like to give to people asking for it.  I like helping people I see that I think need some help.  I have even had some of them refuse to take my money.

I recently gave 3000 baht to a friend who was having difficulties - - she gave me 1000 back. 

On 7/13/2024 at 2:59 PM, scubascuba3 said:

That's different, it's the ATMs who pay monthly salaries, buy cars and motorbikes, money for buffalo, houses etc

Exactly. With short time, you are getting something (sex) in exchange for the resources.

When you give someone resources to support for their family or buffalo, it is that family, not you, who receives the benefit.

As an analogy, short time is more like buying a cheeseburger for yourself, as opposed to donating to a cause of feeding hungry kids in Africa.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 3:08 PM, susanlea said:

Its their money. Why do you care?

Exactly!! Is there something wrong with both of us having a nice car? And still be helping the family too? Or for some, is it better that they ride around in a chauffeured limo while the family eats from a coconut shell... if they are not willing to share with the family, surely they will be hated. 

• Agree 1

On 7/13/2024 at 2:44 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not an ATM, many guys, maybe most like to think they aren't ATMs but we know they are really

I take care of my family - - - that is part of the deal. With that attitude you will never have a wife or family - which is fine if you don't want it... but don't knock others for making that choice - - my wife and family are not the one hour masseuse that you are thinking of - which does not mean they don't want money for a better life... pretty much everyone wants more money. They don't have my ATM card - if someone wants money, they can ask. Sometimes a family member will ask for a loan - - - and then pay me back... yes, that happens - sometimes I will give it as a gift... my choice. 

I understand that it would be stressful for you if people are asking for more than you have - - or more than you want to give... Some of us give because we can easily afford it... 

Love my partner and never see money as mine or his…

He thinks the same…

But I do question when we’re driving in the car and come across a stand selling Durian…

He gives me a gentle but firm grip on my thigh… :coffee1:

3 hours ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

Exactly. With short time, you are getting something (sex) in exchange for the resources.

When you give someone resources to support for their family or buffalo, it is that family, not you, who receives the benefit.

As an analogy, short time is more like buying a cheeseburger for yourself, as opposed to donating to a cause of feeding hungry kids in Africa.

Like Fast food taste good, and then 10m later hungry again.

A close relation with people is different than a quick. Some understand,some not, it on a different level, 

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Like Fast food taste good, and then 10m later hungry again.

A close relation with people is different than a quick. Some understand,some not, it on a different level, 

We know the difference between a short time and a relationship but some don't seem to realise they are paying for a relationship aka the person being the job

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

We know the difference between a short time and a relationship but some don't seem to realise they are paying for a relationship aka the person being the job

I think most know their role scuba, and some will never know, and most live a life unknown of everything, but still happy, and thats what matters. 

If it feels right, it is right, if it feels like <deleted>, it is <deleted>

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

No relationship is free anywhere.

49 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

how much you paying your girlfriend?

I don't pay my wife. She now has a good job for her expenses. I pay in part the court and creditor fees from, after having a good job before, when she co-signed loans for her Thai boyfriend who split and left her with all the bills after she lost her job upon COVID. All long before getting married.

Unfortunately my wife has more money than I do. She pays for car, electricity, 3bb, and holidays. I pay for kids school, but that is because I get to pick the school. We split food etc, and she owns her land and house. I paid for two toilets (not Thai one) and a small western kitchen,she paid for floor tiles and ceiling. We split the costs on bedroom fixtures. The rest was mostly given to us by her father, nice man, washer, dishwasher, some small appliances and an oven.