" Jump to content

Thailand expects 42 billion boost from French tourists post-Olympics

snoop1130

Expect............ the Games are staring next week, people have made their arrangements already Thailand.... so I suppose you can hope but the boosting will not be here... dream on

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

There are zero locations in the Northern Hemisphere (apologies to flat earthers) I would be happy to travel to given the potential for militarized mayhem.

Probably in the slightly  medium term the southern hemisphere no better but at least I might get time to spend a little time with  family.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Man the pathetic straw clutching never stops....Paris Olympic Games  has nothing to do with Thailand..

The article explains exactly how it's linked: 

"many French people prefer to escape the crowds. Families are avoiding the event, purchasing air tickets in advance, and have been travelling to Thailand since July 6, marking the start of the summer break for their children.”

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The article explains exactly how it's linked: 

"many French people prefer to escape the crowds. Families are avoiding the event, purchasing air tickets in advance, and have been travelling to Thailand since July 6, marking the start of the summer break for their children.”

Like I said the Paris Olympic Games  has zero to do with Thailand.....The French could go to any other country in the world besides Thailand...

Edited by redwood1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Oh well the pool must be dry now they tried the Indians, the Arabs, Chinese, Kasack's now there Targeting the French where next Mongolia.

Nigerians

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Like I said the Paris Olympic Games  has zero to do with Thailand.

I am sure the Thai athletes will pick up a couple of medals at the Paris Olympic Games. 
And good for Thailand to benefit from the French coming over to avoid the traffic and congestion,

Go Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On France24 I saw Minister of Sports and Ann Hidalgo swam in Seine. Priceless!

Ooops! There's a price: 2,500,000,000 euros to clean it. 

Seine is not that big river. Why 2.5bln?

My wild guess is 2,5 billions should be enough to clean all klongs of Mahanakorn including the River of Kings.

Parisians are outraged with such budget and they promised to piss in Seine.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

French-tourists.jpg

The Paris Olympic Games are projected to draw fewer visitors than initially expected, prompting the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to anticipate a resurgence in the French market post-event. The TAT forecasts 42 billion baht in revenue from French tourists in 2024.

Soraya Homchuen, TAT Director in Paris, indicated that the French market is experiencing a lull due to two rounds of elections held on June 30 and July 7.

The influx of tourists is predicted to remain low throughout the Paris Olympics, running from July 26 to August 11, as many locals will be engaged in organising the event.

However, the TAT remains optimistic about a swift recovery in the market after the Olympics. A weaker turnout for this year’s event is attributed to concerns over high expenses and traffic congestion in Paris.

Soraya noted that France initially expected 16 million visitors for the Olympics, but high airfares and accommodation costs could result in fewer international attendees.

Earlier this month, Air France-KLM addressed worries about a potential drop in arrivals to Paris, Soraya said.

French tourists

“It appears that while some are required to stay in the country for work during the games, many French people prefer to escape the crowds. Families are avoiding the event, purchasing air tickets in advance, and have been travelling to Thailand since July 6, marking the start of the summer break for their children.”

Actually, companies and administrations in Paris have incited (and even compelled) their employees to have holidays during the Olympic games, due to expected disturbances.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One of the most bizarre projections, so far this year. Who dreams up this stuff? 

And in regard to Paris, who would want to attend an Olympics? Hard to even imagine the crowds, the congestion in a city famous for its traffic, and the insane pricing.

Makes me think of the Yogi Berra quote, modified: "No one wants to go to the Paris Olympics.... too many people there"

• Like 1

Tenuous logic at best.

I'd be doing "draft dodging" 6-month visa promotions for Russians, Ukrainians, Israelis, Lebanese, Iraqi and Houtis.

Betting that French people will come to Thailand in droves because the Olympics look light...Thai main character syndrome.

• Agree 1