Anyone thinking of voting for Trump over Kamala Harris should consider this…

31 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

I wouldn't say desperate.  Being egocentric, he most likely thinks debating her will be to his benefit. 

It will be to everyone's benefit, providing the best entertainment of the year.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

There are voters who are fixated on Trump, and voters who would never vote for him. That doesn’t change. But there are many who don’t fall into that category, and unfortunately a frail Joe Biden was leading many to hold their nose and vote for Trump. Whilst he’s had a boost from his “fake” assassination that is quickly fading. 

I sense some fear in the Trump team …. He’s peaked too early.

Nothing is decided yet.

I just don't want to hear anymore those prediction when one thing changed that now everything changed.

Obviously, the situation changed. But it's not only her age or about abortion or about immigration or this or that. It's a combination of a lot of things which influences people.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Don't get it.

The man on the right is James Harris, a former professional wrestler who wrestled using the name "Kamala the Ugandan Giant."

So the joke is, he's actually the original "Kamala Harris."  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You should have mentioned he voted for Biden in 2020.

As you requested I have corrected this post from your original which stated “you should have mentioned he voted for Trump in 2020”

This is a total change in what you intended to say, so I have removed all replies to the original message as they are no longer relevant.

All posters are requested to proofread before commenting, so please take more care when posting and ensure what you write is what you want to say.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, candide said:

Now that Trump is less likely to win, we can expect a resurgence of rigged election whining from Trump, as he did in 2016 and 2020. 😀

trump has already  claimed if he loses the election it was rigged: Why people would vote for someone who clearly doesn't wish to comply to the Constitution is unfathomable.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/05/24/us/politics/trump-election-results-doubt.html

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, frank83628 said:

zzzzz, grow up man, jesus, look at all the blue highlighted buzz words and you just lap it all up,  from msm.com, a totally bias left wing activist 'news' outlet, one thing is correct in this thread, and that is...you are a simple 1

Take up your nonsense with the author. BTW cease the childish insults, you're just echoing trump's lack of maturity.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CallumWK said:

He managed to mention Biden personally in one brief passage, albeit absurdly as of the worst presidents in history: “The damage he has done to this country is unthinkable,” he said, “just unthinkable.”

I heard this before, but then it was Biden about Trump.

Trump did indeed tell his delegates at the RNC the other day: “I stand before you … by the grace of almighty God”,

US President Joe Biden indeed has said only the "Lord Almighty" could convince him to end his bid for re-election,

trump is just appealing to the evangelical' with their weird beliefs. It would be more accurate for trump to claim Satan saved his life...

• Like 1

if people are stupid and happy that resources now goes in priority to illegals, not legal migrants, over tax payer's needs, then please continue to vote dems... the are all millionaires in congress now, just like all honest thai politicians

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, novacova said:

That’s what’s nice about a constitutional republic, it prevents mob rule.

It is at this point that I get confused; in most presidential democracies, the candidate who wins the most votes wins. Simple, and rather unarguably represents the view of the majority, as I said, simple. Yet in the USA the issue can be, and has been, fudged, to hand the job to the bloke who got fewer votes. So the minority gets it's way, thus avoiding " mob rule" or a "tyranny of a majority", whatever that is in a country which relies on people voting to choose a President?

All because of a method developed to count and transmit voting results in an age where the only means of communication was a bloke riding on a horse over a long distance, and which rather than being replaced with a more nationally representative system as more modern technology (starting with the early single needle telegraph) became available, has been retained, frankly, because it can be effectively manipulated.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, John Drake said:

If you live in Thailand and get SSA or other sources of US dollars, Trump intends to take away your money.

In case you missed it, Trump only cares about America. If you ain't living in the US I doubt he's going to care enough to help you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jesimps said:

The far left trying to influence the US election on an expat forum, beats me why they ever leave The States. They even gather to plot in Democrats Abroad groups. You'd think that somewhere like Thailand expats would just relax and enjoy the sun. 

Indeed. They are out of the madness that is consuming the US, so they should just enjoy their life in a much better place.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Tommyincambodia said:

Trump Won’t Win

I cannot believe that Trump will come close to winning and surely, I don't believe the stupid polls. Use your logic. The Democrats are going to win by a landslide for several reasons. 1. Every local state and re-do federal elections put Democrats over Republicans by a large margin since 2020. 2. The American women are pissed about Roe vs Wade and are going to come out in abundance for a Democrat. 3. Ignore the bull<deleted> about the black vote. Eighty-one % of black men are registered Democratic and their black girlfriends, and relatives are going to drag the men to the polls by Their "you know what". 4. The Latinos are also going to come out in droves since the Hump wants to incarcerate and deport their relatives. 5. Don't forget the gay vote. 6. How about all the student loan forgiveness especially in the battleground states. 7. The armed forces and their relatives won’t vote for the coward. 8. The students whose student loan debt Biden got rid of will vote Democratic. 9. Seventy-three % of CEOS that deal internationally have expressed deep concern. 10. Project 2025 is a blueprint to replace the constitution with a Christian Nationalist government and the majority of people will not go for it. So, that leaves the Evilgelicals, some of whom will not vote for a convicted felon, and the rest are just part of the cult and the illiterate <deleted> Christian White supremacist. NOT ENOUGH!!!!

Just for that post I hope Trump wins.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, novacova said:

Yeah well my home state and district is ultra liberal anyway, so my voting has always been drowned out 

good news.

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nothing is decided yet.

I just don't want to hear anymore those prediction when one thing changed that now everything changed.

Obviously, the situation changed. But it's not only her age or about abortion or about immigration or this or that. It's a combination of a lot of things which influences people.

I think a lot of people are going to realise by November that an incompetent Biden was replaced by an IMO really horrible person, and still stay at home. I can't imagine that any Dem would have actually voted for Trump even if they didn't vote for Biden.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

So far Obama, Pelosi and Schumer have withheld endorsement. I'm not sure the Democrat Party Politburo led by Obama doesn't have someone else in mind

maybe big mike obamma

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think a lot of people are going to realise by November that an incompetent Biden was replaced by an IMO really horrible person, and still stay at home. I can't imagine that any Dem would have actually voted for Trump even if they didn't vote for Biden.

Is that from a commie point of view ?, myself I agree with this column, folk like you from the dark side should take note...

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/voices-anyone-thinking-voting-trump-091659763.html

5 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Trump is determined to win, as every presidential candidate is. If anyone is desperate, it's you.

Well said. Does anyone actually think that a contender for POTUS isn't in it to win ( unless the US has an equivalent of the British Monster Raving Loony Party )?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed. They are out of the madness that is consuming the US, so they should just enjoy their life in a much better place.

To the person that gave that a sad emoji, was it the comment about the US being consumed by madness, or that Thailand is a much better place that makes you sad?

12 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

As someone with no dog in this race I find your level of cope amusing and yet...delusional. The democrat party is in chaos. Harris is a cackling clown. Biden will still be getting his nappies changed in the Whitehouse for another few months....Are you THAT deluded? I mean really?? I will remember your predictions come election day. Whatever you think of Trump, getting shot and handling as he did.....oooooh man, its put a nail in the coffin...the nail was already going in but with the backstabbing and chaos with the dems now....damn. This is going to be amusing...

I also don't have a dog in this fight, but Trump needs to very careful about how he opposes Harris. May not be as easy as many people believe.

4 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I also don't have a dog in this fight, but Trump needs to very careful about how he opposes Harris. May not be as easy as many people believe.

Ok...because she is a 'woman of color'? She is either competent or she isnt....I am leaning toward the latter. I dont think she would be hard to be flustered in a debate. I suspend my judgement however....