Is Anutin Thailand's Prospective Next Prime Minister?

1 minute ago, sambum said:

40 years as a doctor, and "seeing thousands of lives ruined ...." (Slight exaggeration, perhaps?) you still differentiate between drugs AND  alcohol - I thought they were both drugs?

And I have never heard a doctor use the terminology "druggie", or use the words "Best is not to drink alcohol or take drugs". (Poor English) - Just sayin'!

Anyway, I (and probably a few others) are getting tired of this "repartee" - I tried to tactfully draw it to a close earlier but your doctor's skin is obviously not made for compromise, so I bid you good day and enjoy the rest of your drug free and alcohol free evening. Bye! 

Unfortunately not an exageration but what do you know

Actually I use the word druggie due to the long time I spent working with English speaking addicts

and as for my English, I am not English I am Swiss or did you miss that vital clue in my forum name

Just keep insulting me i am sure that you will feel much better then

9 minutes ago, schweizer said:

Unfortunately not an exageration but what do you know

Actually I use the word druggie due to the long time I spent working with English speaking addicts

and as for my English, I am not English I am Swiss or did you miss that vital clue in my forum name

Just keep insulting me i am sure that you will feel much better then

OK - last words from me on the subject as you are being so disagreeable:-

I did NOT say you were English, I said that you were using "poor English" (No full stops, and also your spelling isn't brilliant (exageration?) And doctor's writing is renowned for being fairly unintelligible, but as English is not your native language, you're forgiven!

And I am not insulting you, I am just not wanting to get into stupid disagreements about "not totally true" or "totally untrue" - I did try to bring it to a halt by saying it was all getting  "a bit pedantic", but you immediately insulted ME, by saying "Yes, you are".?

As I said before - good night!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Oh dear God, I hope not.

I dunno, a foreigner-hating army stooge he way be, but he has a bit more nouse than current donkey and at least we wouldn’t have to look at his idiotic smiley boat race anymore. 

In a perfect world, it’d be Pita. But it ain’t and it isn’t, so better to have a numpty than a smiling clown numpty. 🙂

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, 142857 said:

Anutin is a VERY sharp businessman. Also, the fact that he spearheaded such a  progressive policy as legalising marijuana during a military government says something quite special about him. No the policy is not popular, but it absolutely is the right thing to do and is giving Thailand a massive edge in tourism. People should realise that alcohol is a FAR more dangerous "drug", yes, "drug". It makes many people violent and causes huge domestic strife. When people as stoned, they don't usually go around beating people up like drunk football supporters do. It seems to me that he is a man who wants to get things done and has proven that he can. Obviously, Future Forward would be the best option from a purely democratic standpoint, but practically, Anutin would be a good choice. 

He screws up the country with weed bars on every corner. How is this good for the next generation of Thai people 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Should Srettha be disqualified, the selection of a new PM would be from the existing pool of candidates cleared by the Election Commission. These include Paetongtarn Shinawatra and Chaikasem Nitisiri from the Pheu Thai Party, General Prawit Wongsuwan of the Palang Pracharath Party, Pirapan Salirathavibhaga from the United Thai Nation Party, and, crucially, Anutin himself.

So the party the actually won the election don't have a candidate that has been cleared by the election commission?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, HugoFastor said:

In celebration, free buds and 1,000,000 free cannabis plants for anyone who wants them. No, wait...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

yeah,,  we all got 3 "Dirt Weed" plants delivered on his program ...

Purely from the angle of the cannabis and the moto gp circuit , not forgetting his warm and genuine smile- if i had a vote- he would get it. but Sretta aint so bad , i hope he can accomplish what he set out to do with home ownership

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

He was put in their by the “establishment” who couldn’t stand Future Forward winning and now they want to disqualify him???

It makes perfect sense.  They emove ptp leadership and the military  junta gets control of the country  again.  Just like the past Pm with PPP

Ptp may be the biggest party but bjt will be in control 

Abysmal polling numbers and a truly horrible statesman.

Sounds like a perfect candidate for the Thai Prime minister roll.

Never mind what the populice wants

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, cnx101 said:

I thought Taksin

Not Thaksin. This past week though Thaksin met with Anutin and the news said is was not politically motivated. I would bet money that Thaksin was setting Anutin up to become the next PM and meeting with Anutin to work out Thaksins plans for the future. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thailand can continue with it's habit of appointing from the absolute bottom of the barrel. Find the worst person possible, and ask him or her to lead the nation. Seek out inferiority. A great recipe for regression. 

The once great tiger of SE Asia reduced to a sickly alley cat, begging for scraps. Not impressive. 

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand can continue with it's habit of appointing from the absolute bottom of the barrel. Find the worst person possible, and ask him or her to lead the nation. Seek out inferiority. A great recipe for regression. 

The once great tiger of SE Asia reduced to a sickly alley cat, begging for scraps. Not impressive. 

Thailand used to be internationally respected, but no more, especially over the past 2 decades.  One just has to look at the international reportage on Thailand in recent decades.

The regular briefs/reports that foreign ambassadors in Thailand send back to their ministries/departments of foreign affairs would make interesting reading.

• Agree 1

Thai's on the ground love his right wing views. 

He was the only Thai minister who dared speak out against foreigners not wearing mask and flouting rules during covid. 

If he takes on an anti immigrant rant he will be loved by Thais. 

8 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

It makes perfect sense.  They emove ptp leadership and the military  junta gets control of the country  again.  Just like the past Pm with PPP

Ptp may be the biggest party but bjt will be in control 

2.99% of the popular vote - PT 28.84%  (MFP 37.99%)

Was it Sretta's own idea to put a criminal in his government? Or was he ordered to by Thaksin?

Either way, it seems a stupid move, leaving him open to just this kind of action. They never seem to learn.

19 hours ago, sambum said:

He doesn't like farangs!!!

He Family owns the construction company that built the new airport under Thaksin, funny that. His family building an airport to allow more dirty westerners in. Plus, all this allowing foreigners (Chinese) more freedom to buy and lease land while Thavisin transferred all his shares in the family's Contruction company to his daughter. Isn't that a bit similar to Thaksin buy up all that land under the members of his family's name and his friends, where Thavisin's family company built the airport.

20 hours ago, harryviking said:

This government is not legal as it took power by a coup! They did NOT win any election, they took power illegally! Give the power to those who won the election. Now we have a bunch of useless parrots that is turning Thailand into a damn joke!

Sadly No government will ever be allowed that is not controlled by the military, him up there wants to keep his lifestyle, I'd like to say more but free speech is not allowed. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

Not Thaksin. This past week though Thaksin met with Anutin and the news said is was not politically motivated. I would bet money that Thaksin was setting Anutin up to become the next PM and meeting with Anutin to work out Thaksins plans for the future. 

It was a joke actually but I agree with you about the rest

19 hours ago, Millcx said:

That will be one way of destroying the last chance for tourist advancement for Thailand .. Nero fiddled as Rome burned 

We don't need any more tourist advancement, we need less. we also need a government that can come up with ways of not relying on so much tourism, the ones this PM has come up with are pathetic, a world tour of begging none of that has worked, he had no, none, Zero, political experience before. ...................................................IMO

• Like 1

19 hours ago, grain said:

He could become PM in the not too distant future, and if so he'll almost certainly make life a misery for the resident farang. Tighter immigration regulations and requirements, higher bank balances and incomes could make living here impossible for the great majority of us.

Pure speculation.................:coffee1: