Bikers Cause Chaos in Pattaya, Police Intervene

webfact

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Find out their nationality then get tell the owners who rent them out that if they rent out to this nationality again the bikes will be confiscated and put in a crusher. Sorted.

locally known as soi Arab.....draw your own conclusions.....been a nuisance for many months but the BIB do not crack down hard enough....:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Among the key actions taken, the police confiscated over ten motorcycles and transported them to the local police station. Owners are now required to present proper documentation and pay fines under the Traffic Act to reclaim their vehicles. This serves as a stern warning against similar future conduct.

Crush the bikes... end of problem.

Renters will reconsider who the rent them out to

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Same news every year with the same results. Nothing is going to change until they continually monitor the situation and impose hefty fines on the drivers and the rental companies. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Does operating a noisy bike contravene visa/permission to stay conditions?

Despite it being extremely anti social and incredibly annoying to the point where I'm reaching for my Magnum .44, it's no more than what thousands of Thai wai loon do, and many foreigners of many nationalities and age groups also. Easy to stand unseen up on Sukhumvit or wherever with a noise meter and flag them as they race past and catch them down the road. 1000 THB fine and present the bike within a week to check no more mods.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

Care must be taken when cracking down on this group.  Central World could be burned again.

BTW, I would be willing to wager that Russia is not behind the burnings in France.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

This serves as a stern warning against similar future conduct.

Pah, a few baht in an envelope is as stern as it will likely get.

Edited by jacko45k

My Bolt taxi deviated through Soi VC area a few days ago. More barber shops and Arabic signs than you can throw a stick at.  Plenty of said muppets on bikes, and my driver showed them no mercy - cutting a few off and blasting his horn with pleasure. :coffee1:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

My Bolt taxi deviated through Soi VC area a few days ago. More barber shops and Arabic signs than you can throw a stick at.  Plenty of said muppets on bikes, and my driver showed them no mercy - cutting a few off and blasting his horn with pleasure. :coffee1:

Sounds like fun...I must take my old truck out that way for  run!

(I would regard it as revenge for my times driving in Riyadh and Kuwait City,)

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/26/2024 at 10:48 AM, pattjock said:

Most bike rentals have bikes that are obviously modified, beer can size mufflers. The police should go and test all the rental bikes for sound pollution on a regular basis, and do the same at checkpoints around town.

It's a difficult problem to solve, as most motorcycles in Thailand have exhausts modified to make a very loud noise.

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2024 at 11:05 AM, PoorSucker said:

If your bike is older than 5 years you must go to testing station every year, 90dbl is allowed 

Is there anything to stop people putting on the original exhaust for the test, then putting the loud exhaust back on afterwards?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Is there anything to stop people putting on the original exhaust for the test, then putting the loud exhaust back on afterwards?

No, and if you fail at a testing site,try next one, might be more friendly 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2024 at 10:01 AM, nakhonandy said:

I can only assume the rental companies modified the exhausts from the original  shouldn't they also be forced to restore them to the original?

If not the same noisy bikes are back on the street and the noise continues. 

They clearly said, "the OWNERS" must come and collect the rental bikes from the cop station. Negotiations will ensue.

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Of course there isn't, but how about some police enforcement? Oh wait I just realize where I am

• Thumbs Up 1