Giant Python Invades Udon Thani Coop, Devours Fighting Cocks

webfact

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Villagers, believing the snake brings good fortune, quickly sought out lucky numbers to try their luck.

The chicken owner might dispute that.

• Like 2

Having some experience with pythons they swallow their prey whole and find somewhere to rest while the food digests which can take days. Attempting to capture them when they are 'full' results in the reptile vomiting up the part digested meal and the smell is revolting. They are not venomous but can inflict powerful bites.

A giant specimen, in my opinion would be 6m plus in length.

3 hours ago, RayWright said:

If that's the picture of the actual scoffing snake, where's the 3 lumps in its body. Unless they were 3 "prized" chick's?

Good point, snakes swallow food whole.

On 7/29/2024 at 11:20 AM, ThaiFelix said:

I guess the prized cocks must taste better?  Its the same around here, whenever a dog or a car kills somebody's cock its a prize fighter worth 1000's and never the mangey barnyard cock out for a scratch?

Our dog killed one and it was worth 50K.  I was on holiday at the time and had the village head look into.  It ended up being 2 kilometers away.  The village head just laughed and told him wasn't getting anything from me.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, atpeace said:

Our dog killed one and it was worth 50K.  I was on holiday at the time and had the village head look into.  It ended up being 2 kilometers away.  The village head just laughed and told him wasn't getting anything from me.

My BIL tried it on me, joking I think but never sure, I just replied that  soup from aThai fighting chicken still tastes the same whether 30 or 1000 baht per kilo so 30 would be all he gets.

On 7/30/2024 at 10:18 AM, sikishrory said:

How the hell do Thais get lottery numbers out of these things?

1 x snake

3 x cocks

2 x snake handlers

29 x day of the month

ummmmm?

1 x broken heart?

JACKPOT

I tried your numbers, and won 1.5m baht! Thank you!😼

• Haha 1

Have never seen a python in Udon Thani in 16 years. Have seen 4 metre water snakes, but not pythons. Strangely enough, one of a similar size also attacked my brother-in-laws chickens only 2 weeks ago here. Their extending their range?