Man shot over 10,000 baht debt near Chon Buri petrol station

webfact

resize_money-lenders.webp

A gang of brutal money lenders shot a 34 year old man after he failed to repay a debt of 10,000 baht. The incident occurred last night at 8.30pm near a PTT petrol station on the Chon Buri-Pattaya bypass road in Ban Suan, Mueang district, Chon Buri. Responding to the scene, police and rescue workers found shell casings and a bullet that had not been fired.

Narongrit Thongsombat was discovered with two gunshot wounds to his torso. Rescue workers provided immediate first aid before rushing him to Chon Buri Hospital. Nearby, a black Nissan car with the license plate 6254 Bangkok, belonging to Narongrit, was parked by the roadside. At the scene, three shell casings from .38 and 9mm bullets were found, along with a trail of blood leading into the petrol station.

Narongrit recounted the event, stating that he was pursued by the gang on motorcycles. They confronted him, demanding repayment of the 10,000 baht (US$ 280) he still owed. When Narongrit explained that he did not have the money, the lenders became enraged, verbally abusing him before pulling out a gun and shooting him twice in the torso. Narongrit managed to flee, seeking help.

A passerby who helped notify the police described the chaotic scene. “I saw the injured man running towards me, clearly in distress and bleeding. When I asked what had happened, he replied that he had been shot and needed immediate help. I quickly contacted the police and rescue workers for assistance.”

Another eyewitness, a local, provided further details. “I saw the injured man speaking with the shooter, who arrived on a motorcycle. Suddenly, the shooter pulled out a gun and fired three shots. The injured man then ran away, seeking help.”

The police plan to conduct a thorough investigation, including questioning Narongrit again and reviewing CCTV footage from the area to identify and apprehend the perpetrators, reported KhaoSod.

by Nattapong Westwood
Picture courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 2024-08-01

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, webfact said:

At the scene, three shell casings from .38 and 9mm bullets were found, along with a trail of blood leading into the petrol station.....

.....Suddenly, the shooter pulled out a gun and fired three shots. The injured man then ran away, seeking help.”

The shooter shot from two guns?!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

At the scene, three shell casings from .38 and 9mm bullets were found,

🕶👓

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

🕶👓

38 caliber and 9mm are two different bullets, they can't be shot from the same gun. Yet the article says "the shooter pulled out A GUN and fired 3 shots"

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, lordgrinz said:

38 caliber and 9mm are two different bullets, they can't be shot from the same gun. Yet the article says "the shooter pulled out A GUN and fired 3 shots"

shots = 3 shell casings. 9mm "bullet" also found on ground at scene. Careless hooter seems to have a selection of firearms.

Does the RTP fingerprint such items I wonder?

• Agree 1

A post breaking forum rules has been removed.

Rule 17. ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our  forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article, then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

• Like 1

That is absolutely criminal.

Discharging a firearm near a petrol station......do they have no consideration for others safety.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

This is what was actually reported in the OP...

"...found shell casings and a bullet that had not been fired",

"...At the scene, three shell casings from .38 and 9mm bullets were found".

Clearly the casings from the three shots and probably a pluralisation typo of the "unfired bullet".  It's not difficult to understand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Shooting someone over a lousy 10k does seem pretty stupid, especially when there's zero chance of anything being paid back by a dead debtor - but I suppose they do this to make an example so the guy who owes a million baht will likely pony up and not default on the vig.

8 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

That is confusing me also,

Snip from the OP.

"At the scene, three shell casings from .38 and 9mm bullets were found".

According to my internet search. 38 caliber bullets are . 357 in diameter while 9mm are. 355 so it wouldn't be interchangeable.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Clearly the casings from the three shots and probably a pluralisation typo of the "unfired bullet".  It's not difficult to understand.

It is not difficult at all if you do some internet research.

A 0,38 inch round of pistol ammunition will not fit in a 9mm pistol.

Ejther it was mis translated or whoever wrote the report has no idea what they are talking about, or is too lazy to do an internet search that would take less than a minute.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

It is not difficult at all if you do some internet research.

I don't have any difficulty with the article, I haven't raised any questions about it and I don't need to do any research.  You need to read my comment properly, though.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I'm sooo glad gun control is working out well in the Land Of Shootings. .......:coffee1:

They do not really have gun control.... pretty liberal I believe.