Police Advisory Board Member Shoots and Kills Sergeant in Hua Hin Pub

what the hell did I just read "Authorities noted that Tiny Club, operated by an influential local figure, lacked a business license and stayed open well past legal hours, with lax security allowing firearms inside. Police are pursuing legal action against the pub owner and scrutinising CCTV footage, which seems to have been tampered with post-incident."

Yeah this is the big takeaway its the club owners fault..... I'm sure the police who were there had nothing to do with the CCTV part, and yeah I'm sure had the security attempted to pat down and remove the weapons from off duty cops that would have ended just as well as this

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, ronster said:

Cops love taking their guns to the pub it seems . Not the first or last I'm sure to be drinking then shooting people in a bar.

Because of lack of accountability.

• Agree 2

RIP: Intelligence officer , not very intelligent to get involved in an argument while intoxicated.

BiB>>> do as we say not as we do.... club, operated by an influential local figure, open after hours and no license.. deport them north korea   

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Sergeant Major Rojchanaphon Rojchanaphanit, an intelligence officer

As far as I'm familiar with ranks in my own country, this is the highest attainable rank, but it is not an officer rank. This was confusing that according to this article he held that top rank AND was an officer? Strange.
At any rate, he wasn't any kind of spring chicken to hold that rank, and yet was out cavorting at 4 a.m.🥴
Edit: Just looked up ranks in Thailand. Apparently they have 3 levels of Sergeant Major (1st, 2nd, & 3rd Class), so this guy could have been much younger than I thought, if he was a 3rd Class Sergeant Major. I suppose to get that rank, one could get it in their late 20's if they're really riding up the ranks well and started early. Maybe even earlier for all I know, since apparently in Thailand they only have 7 enlisted ranks, rather than the 9 that I'm accustomed to. It probably also depends how well his family is connected.... Then again, if he was a police officer, then it would be the highest rank, but I'm assuming he was with the Army, since it said he was from Thanarat Camp, an army base.

Edited by Sig
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

So is this guy an advisor to the police or is he a commissioner? It states both in the article. I would imagine if he is a commissioner he has a lot to answer for. This has got to be a real embarrassment for the RTP, and it takes a lot to embarrass them.

The other question I have is who were the other people that were injured in the wild west style gunfight? Were they patrons of the bar?

And then the last thing that comes to mind is one would hope that if a guy rises to the rank of commissioner that he would have the common sense to have a discussion with the sargeant, and work things out like a normal human beings, rather than pull out his gun and take the man's life like a raging homicidal maniac. The death penalty sounds appropriate. 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, smew said:

RIP: Intelligence officer , not very intelligent to get involved in an argument while intoxicated.

BiB>>> do as we say not as we do.... club, operated by an influential local figure, open after hours and no license.. deport them north korea   

Yes, RIP
And added to the not very intelligent bits - being at home in bed at 4 a.m. or getting up from bed to start the day is closer to what an "intelligence officer" should likely be doing. Tax Baht hard at work paying these army guys to be out partying all night.... That could explain some of the intelligence branch estimations of how necessary it is for Thailand to have submarines!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, IamNoone88 said:

How can he possibly "deny all charges" when undeniably it was him.

I guess he doesn't care about qualifying for the discounted time off serving in prison for pleading guilty. He likely figures he has other ways of getting around that prison time....

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

that's one way to settle an argument ... :w00t:

" Jakkrit, an advisor to the Hua Hin Police Station, surrendered himself that same morning ..... "

does that mean his advisor job is terminated.  

Definitly qualifies for a berth in that Thai Hospital suite for "Sick?" Thai officials. Not guilty my ass!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

That's the first step to that special Thai Hospital suite for sinners while the constitution court ponders on how to "Spin" this one.

• Sad 1

It was about this time last year that a gathering of cops at a piss up lead to the shooting of one of them. A fairly high ranking cop. In Nakhon Pathom I recall. 
Whatever was the outcome of that very thorough investigation? Anyone know?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

It was about this time last year that a gathering of cops at a piss up lead to the shooting of one of them. A fairly high ranking cop. In Nakhon Pathom I recall. 
Whatever was the outcome of that very thorough investigation? Anyone know?

15 policemen and seven civilians got prison sentences, the kamnam at whose house the event took place is in prison and the gunman was killed in a shootout with police while resisting arrest.

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No mention of anyone but the shooter having a gun.

doesn't mean others didn't have guns,   we weren't there so we cannot say that no other guns were present.   My guess is others had guns there. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

'That's what my brief told me to say'.

Isn't that the standard line?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I guess time was needed to tamper with the CCTV, remove the gunshot residue and other forensic evidence and get the story straight so that he can get away with it. Which I am in no doubt he will. 

Hm,.. I doubt it. The guy he shot was not just any Somchai !!!?? He also had Hi so powerful friends. !!