Thaksin Faces Crucial Decision Between Prawit and Thammanat for Cabinet

1 hour ago, watchcat said:

The only critical decision he has to do should be taking care of his grandchildren, and not getting involved in politics, but he couldn't leave the latter part alone could he?

Once a player always a player...

• Agree 1

Avoid Thammanat like the plague if they want to avoid any accusations of ethical violations. Even though he has been a fixture in the PT coalition, this could easily change and a Srettha style complaint made against Ung Ing for appointing him, a convicted felon. Dump the PPP and Roly Poly Prawit.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, watchcat said:

The only critical decision he has to do should be taking care of his grandchildren, and not getting involved in politics, but he couldn't leave the latter part alone could he?

If he continues to get involved, it could bring about his downfall for a second time.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I left and came here to get away from country politics.  Why any expat who is living here gets involved and emotional about Thailand politics, is beyond stupid to me.  Enjoy, live your life why even think about any of this because no matter what happens things pretty much remain the same.

I wonder if you would feel the same if Thaksin suggested that immigration should increase the financial requirements for expats staying in Thailand or suggest that a tax ID be required for yearly extensions or...Oh I suppose you would just 'up and leave'

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Thailand's Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is on the brink of a critical decision that could shape the future of his daughter's new puppet's new government.

Creating a Rogues Gallery? But are there any honest politicians?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Avoid Thammanat like the plague if they want to avoid any accusations of ethical violations. Even though he has been a fixture in the PT coalition, this could easily change and a Srettha style complaint made against Ung Ing for appointing him, a convicted felon. Dump the PPP and Roly Poly Prawit.

No, don't! Light the slow-burning fuse. It will give ammunition for those that will insist on the ousting of them and start rocking the boat. 

2 hours ago, stoner said:

what the f**K is going on with thailand. this is beyond stupid now.

Yeah, it beats me. But, on the other hand, what is really new? Just evolving to fit the purpose a little bit better. And after all the family business, we have the choice. One might argue if it should be pest or cholera?

43 minutes ago, parallelman said:

I wonder if you would feel the same if Thaksin suggested that immigration should increase the financial requirements for expats staying in Thailand or suggest that a tax ID be required for yearly extensions or...Oh I suppose you would just 'up and leave'

Yes, every foreigner has the right to disagree with Thailand immigration rules, and free to leave.

Edited by CallumWK