Drunk municipal inspector injures four in Pattaya crash

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“I saw the motorcycle in front and the car behind it. The car tried to overtake the motorcycle but ended up clipping it, causing it to skid for over 20 meters and resulting in these injuries.”

In his statement, Wuttikorn claimed he was driving normally over the bridge and saw the motorcycle ahead.

“I attempted to overtake it and didn’t think I would hit it. I admit I had been drinking.”

Some people just never learn... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A municipal inspector named Wuttikorn

The question remains how important is a municipal inspector?  This will determine the results of 'the alcohol test.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

The question remains how important is a municipal inspector?  This will determine the results of 'the alcohol test.'

Yeah,

Notice the Police haven't given any results on the breathalyser test of the drink driver as yet.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Time they come down hard on these drunk drivers, not just a wai. Could easily have been 4 dead.

There just seems to be nobody home in these empty heads.... I came round a bend near home in my truck yesterday to be facing a motorcycle well over to my side of the road.. young man, kid stood up in front of him, and he is more focused on the phone in his left hand. (Not worth mentioning, but of course no helmets).  I don't fathom risking your kid that way, it is just beyond stupid!

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“I saw the motorcycle in front and the car behind it. The car tried to overtake the motorcycle but ended up clipping it, causing it to skid for over 20 meters and resulting in these injuries.”

This is my greatest fear driving in Thailand. They pass so close I'm shocked I don't see this happen everyday.

21 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

There can't be much of a workload for a "municipal inspector and operational architect for a local municipal engineering department" in Pattaya. I mean, just look at the results.:coffee1:

Should put him in a wheelchair for a month and see how he likes the non-existing footpaths. 

• Agree 1

Take away his driver license, make him pay for hospital and treatment of the ones he hurt + compensation. Min. 2 year jail time and stripped of his job and title. That´s the punishments they need to have to make people change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I wonder if he is in charge of inspecting the standards of road construction in Pattaya. It would answer a lot of questions.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

This is my greatest fear driving in Thailand. They pass so close I'm shocked I don't see this happen everyday.

They often want to undertake a  vehicle  hogging the right lane and then me on my bike is their problem and apparently I should be in the gutter!

• Agree 1