Tragic End to Dream Holiday: Brit Found Dead in Thai Waters

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No more so than any other waters, particularly for piss-heads

Exactly! And what is found dead in a body of water? Is that a mistake in writing or does it really mean something I never heard before?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, IslandLover said:

Yes, it's the same person.  His name was originally reported as Theo Bailey and he died on Koh Tao last March.  Here is the original article from Essex Live.  It is definitely him.

Romford man died on holiday with girlfriend in Thailand after tragic accident - Essex Live

I'm confused ..... 

Is this a repeat story that happened ages ago   ?

Is this the same guy who's already dead ages ago from the Koh Tao death   ?

Is this a new story and a new death  ?  different guy   ?

Please help me to understand WTF is going on here  .....    

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

gf should have checked on him near the bathroom ....  although she may have been two sheets to the wind herself ....

very sad indeed for him to be found dead in Thai waters.   

RIP young man.

HE wandered off while SHE was in the  Toilet. How can she check on him????

• Thanks 2

Very sad. We all, anyhow most, have done regretable things in our lives, which may have led to a bad end. I, for one have been tanked up many times but awoken safely. So, I say, "there for the grace of God go I".

My condolences to all his family and loved ones. RIP poor Theo.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Morgan’s sudden death has left his family and friends stunned. “Theo’s accidental death has shocked everyone to their core. He was simply enjoying a night out on holiday in Thailand,” said a family spokesperson.

None of them anticipated that a man who loses control and wanders off when he gets drunk might get into trouble doing so in a country where health and safety is a foreign concept?

Tragic event, but a good cautionary tale that maybe a pub crawl isn't a good idea. 

Before I took the oath, I used to wake up in unexpected places, often in sub-zero weather.  It's only sheer dumb luck that I'm not with this guy wherever we go in the afterlife.  Sheer dumb luck and then taking the oath back in the '80s.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I'm confused ..... 

Is this a repeat story that happened ages ago   ?

Is this the same guy who's already dead ages ago from the Koh Tao death   ?

Is this a new story and a new death  ?  different guy   ?

Please help me to understand WTF is going on here  .....    

Yes it is a repeated story, there seems to be a lot on AN now. The reason is.........????????? And those completely irrelevant AI Photos 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Irish made said:

Why are there so many nasty comments on this story?? A young man , like so many others, drank too much alcohol while on holiday and tragically lost his life. The nasty comments are just disgusting. RIP young man and my condolences to your family and loved ones 😢😢😢😢

Might be something to do with him being ex Met Police then getting so pissed he gets his head whacked somehow leading to another untimely death on the notorious Island. Why no claims of karma? there usually is.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

gf should have checked on him near the bathroom ....  although she may have been two sheets to the wind herself ....

very sad indeed for him to be found dead in Thai waters.   

RIP young man.

Girlfriend goes to the bathroom and he is found with a bump on the head and drowned. It sounds fishy to me.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Love all the speculation with no info at all.  Could have simply had a tumble, and not even related to sipping a few.  Or something more plot worthy of a murder mystery.

I think the GF did it ... :cheesy:

No matter ... way too young   R I P

• Thumbs Up 1

This article is seems very heavy on the lack of details. Where exactly in Surat Thani? What body of water? A blow to the head by what? When did this happen .... not even a date. And the photo of what seems like a US police car? 

• Haha 1

Have a drink for sure but

But to the extent of being absolutely bluted and don't know what you are doing  especially in unfamiliar surroundings.

Very sad ! 

Leaving the girlfriend and family with the absolute grief .

at 27 he should be old enough to look after himself even if drunk.

I well remember, that when i was young........I used to get so drunk, I could not even walk, so I always had to drive home... 🙂