Any restaurants serving brown rice?

AsiaTraveler1234

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It is a weird thing that 99% of places sell only the cheapest white rice, you'd think some would try and differentiate themselves offering a better choice, but no we're in Thailand.

Ā 

But white processed carbs are easier to digest which for me is a good thing

Yeah, 'same same but different' regarding alternative milk options in coffee. 9 out of 10 coffee shops only offer whole milk. While rare, it's now possible these days to find oat and almond milk options.Ā  I'm hoping, with time, that more restaurants will start offer healthier carb options like brown rice, quinoa, or the berry rice that the other poster mentioned, which is news to me!

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Vegetarian restaurant, Five Star Pattaya Tai had it on my last visit.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/csE1MdXgUkgvoKrw6?g_st=ac

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the tip, but I doubt the veggie restaurant will let me bring in some chicken or prawns to go with my brown rice šŸ˜Ŗ Still good to know, though! Thanks again šŸ™

• Thanks 1

My wife buys rice berry and/or RD 43 (low glycemic) rice for me as I am diabetic, and she seems to want to keep me around a mite longer.šŸ„°

On occasions where white rice is the only option (most restaurants) I simply eat a reduced portion suitable for a diabetic and fill up on the veg/protein parts.Ā 

3 hours ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

Yeah, 'same same but different' regarding alternative milk options in coffee. 9 out of 10 coffee shops only offer whole milk. While rare, it's now possible these days to find oat and almond milk options.Ā  I'm hoping, with time, that more restaurants will start offer healthier carb options like brown rice, quinoa, or the berry rice that the other poster mentioned, which is news to me!

Think I'd prefer soy milk to oat or almond

16 hours ago, AsiaTraveler1234 said:

Anyone know of any restaurants in Jomtien/Pattaya that have brown rice? I'm trying to eat healthier whole grain carbs, but everything here in Thailand seems to be refined white rice šŸ¤”

Ā 

Perhaps a pad krapow with brown rice?

That is something I haven't seen before. I guess it is quite rare. Anyone? Personally I do not like it at all.šŸ˜†