Pink I.D Card & Yellow Book

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why do you want it? what have you heard about it? great benefits?

Some people insist there are no benefits from a Yellow Book and a Pink Card.  Some people believe in nonsense spouted by people not even in Thailand.  You seem to be one of those.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Some people insist there are no benefits from a Yellow Book and a Pink Card.  Some people believe in nonsense spouted by people not even in Thailand.  You seem to be one of those.

I live here, you are talking garbage, but for some reason content that you have a yellow book, sad life

1 minute ago, Rotweiler said:
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why do you want it? what have you heard about it? great benefits?

Ignore the nay sayers - they've polluted enough Pink ID threads over the past year already.

If someone thinks they have a use for the Pink ID card and want to get one, then thats what the thread should be about...  not whether someone who doesn't have the car thinks its worth while getting or not.

The best info has already been provided: 

- Go to the local Amphur Office and ask for a list of requirements. 

- The part which takes the most effort is usually getting an 'MFA verified translation of an Embassy Certified Copy of your Passport'...  (of which there are a few steps to get)

1) Appointment with embassy - obtain a Notarised / Certified Copy of your Passport

2) Get that Copy Translated (plenty of official tranlsation services at MFA building who'll translate within the hour).

3) Get that Translation certified by the MFA (they'll post the certification back to you within a few days).

... then of course there are other things you will need...  but its best to get a full list from your Amphur office. 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The part which takes the most effort is usually getting an 'MFA verified translation of an Embassy Certified Copy of your Passport'...  (of which there are a few steps to get)

Did not need this in my little Amphur office, thankfully. 

I use quite often, when anyone asks me for ID, like guesthouses.  Rare they ask, as wife does the checking in.   

If need to give someone my name & address, it's easier just to hand them my  pink ID instead of talking to them.

If someone asks for my passport, I'll hand them pink ID first, and 9 out of 10 times, that will satisfy.   Less people handling my passport, the better.

Yellow book is way too handy, when needing to prove your address to govt offices / services, or utility companies.

Edited by KhunLA

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ignore the nay sayers - they've polluted enough Pink ID threads over the past year already.

You guys always start clutching your pearls on these yellow book threads, stay calm, it's just another opinion

Got my pink card from the local district office. Pretty smooth except for a ridiculous request for my parents' names and address. I told them my parents had passed away at least ten years previously so they didn't have a house now. Anyhow, I gave their names and the last address before they passed away. 

Then they asked for the telephone number. I gave it to them and said, if you call them please give them my regards.

The officer nearly fell of his chair.

P.S. the blue book helped speed up the driving license renewal. Don't ask me why.

Edited by Purdey

2 hours ago, Bangkok Black said:

I could do this in Bangkok or Prachin Buri.

You can only be registered in one Yellow book, so make a choice.

The Civilian Registration Act 2008 states;
Section 38: The district or local registrar shall issue a household registration for persons without Thai nationality having been permitted to stay temporarily and those having been giving leniency for temporary residence in the Thai Kingdom as a special case in accordance with law on immigration and the declaration of the Cabinet and their children born within the Thai Kingdom. In a case of permission of temporary residence overdue, the registrar shall immediately dispose of such persons.

First check the requirements at your Amphoe.
These days most will request an Embassy certified copy of your passport, translated to Thai, then legalised by the Consular section of the MFA.
Some may also request an Embassy certified copy of your Birth certificate, translated to Thai, then legalised by the Consular section of the MFA.

There is no requirement to be married or own property, but you do require the permission of the homeowner to register at their address.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs have now opened several Consular offices throughout the Country for legalising documents, by appointment only.

1. 123 Chaeng Watthana Road, Lak Si District, Bangkok 10210

2. MBK CENTER Shopping Mall, 5th floor, Zone A, Phaya Thai Road, Wang Mai Subdistrict, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok

3. Central Pattaya Shopping Center, 4th Floor, No. 333/102, Village No. 9, Nongprue Subdistrict, Bang Lamung District, Chonburi Province 20260

4. 7th Cycle Birthday Anniversary International Convention and Exhibition Center, 1st floor, Rueng Phueng Building 2,
Muang District, Chiang Mai Province

5. Ubon Ratchathani Provincial Hall Building, 1st floor, back west side, Ubon Ratchathani Province

6. Temporary Passport Office, Songkhla, Laem Son On Road, Bo Yang Subdistrict, Mueang District, Songkhla Province 90000

7. Central Phuket Festival Shopping Mall, B Floor, Wichit Subdistrict, Mueang District, Phuket Province

Office locations, maps, contact numbers

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/สถานที่ให้บริการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร

You must book an appointment here https://qlegal.consular.go.th/customer/index choosing which office and download the barcode once accepted.