Samsung repairs / after sales service

Kenny202

Anyone had any dealings with them here? We bought a brand new 50" TV from Lotus just over a year ago....thing is a couple of months out of warranty. This morning for no apparent reason lost picture but still have sound. Called Samsung service...got the local agent call us back on the phone to announce "oh this problem 6000 baht to fix (+7% VAT) lol", without even seeing it. And not taking into account the thing just out of warranty. The repair would be 60% the price of the TV we paid!

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

I wouldn't buy Samsung again, i have a TV now, have you tried Samsung in Pattaya North Pattaya Road?

Thanks for the reply mate but not every Westerner in Thailand lives in Pattaya lol. We are up north. Looks like the service / repairs are all co ordinated through HO in Bangkok. or so my missus says anyway. We have a Samsung office here too but not for walk in repairs. In any case the local Samsung office were the ones who called us. According to missus we have to call Bkk and they farm the job out to their techs here. I asked her why she wasn't talking sternly to Samsung as the machine is only 14 months old, and why didn't you take them to task on how they know exactly how much the TV will cost to repair (6000 baht + 7% VAT) without even seeing it? Like talking to a brick wall. This sort of TV has about 5-6 PC boards in it as well as connectors etc and could be anyone of those things. There are 20 you tube videos saying this model had a PC board connector problem and can be fixed in 15 minutes.  We do know a private tech who I use to do my music stuff amps etc and he told us he does TVs too. I would have called him first but 2 months out of warranty you would think Samsung would at least come and check first. The private tech guy usually honest and ridiculously cheap but I heard my missus telling him Samsung quoted us 6000 baht (even though she denies it) so who knows what is going to happen. Hes picking it up today.

As for Samsung, yes that the end of them for me. Reading a story about one of their phones they released just over a year ago...same thing just out of warranty and people getting lines on their screens etc. Samsung not only not offering to repair cheaply or free but milking it quoting ridiculous prices for replacement screens. Had a similar issue with LG also so they are off the Xmas list.

13 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Thanks for the reply mate but not every Westerner in Thailand lives in Pattaya lol. We are up north. Looks like the service / repairs are all co ordinated through HO in Bangkok. or so my missus says anyway. We have a Samsung office here too but not for walk in repairs. In any case the local Samsung office were the ones who called us. According to missus we have to call Bkk and they farm the job out to their techs here. I asked her why she wasn't talking sternly to Samsung as the machine is only 14 months old, and why didn't you take them to task on how they know exactly how much the TV will cost to repair (6000 baht + 7% VAT) without even seeing it? Like talking to a brick wall. This sort of TV has about 5-6 PC boards in it as well as connectors etc and could be anyone of those things. There are 20 you tube videos saying this model had a PC board connector problem and can be fixed in 15 minutes.  We do know a private tech who I use to do my music stuff amps etc and he told us he does TVs too. I would have called him first but 2 months out of warranty you would think Samsung would at least come and check first. The private tech guy usually honest and ridiculously cheap but I heard my missus telling him Samsung quoted us 6000 baht (even though she denies it) so who knows what is going to happen. Hes picking it up today.

As for Samsung, yes that the end of them for me. Reading a story about one of their phones they released just over a year ago...same thing just out of warranty and people getting lines on their screens etc. Samsung not only not offering to repair cheaply or free but milking it quoting ridiculous prices for replacement screens. Had a similar issue with LG also so they are off the Xmas list.

i expect my Samsung to go Kaput in it's first year, maximum year 2, next time I'm going with TCL

Yes, like everything is programmed to self destruct these days. I remember my mum had a Rank Arena and a Phillips colour TV in the 70s/80s. Both were still in the home and working well both over 30 years old