Hua Hin Hotel Manager Fired After Dispute Over Customer Review

So, we all know this hotel does not value their staff at all, I wonder which 'manager' it was who wrote this review - the 'general manager' or the social media manager.....

Now - which hotel was it?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

That’s ridiculous! First of all, 20 Baht is nothing. If you can afford to stay at a 5 star hotel then you can afford 20 Baht for a toothbrush. Secondly, getting fired over this seems definitely excessive!

It's got nothing to do with the price ....  it's the principle of the matter if you understand ..

there's plenty more other thai people of authority who should be fired for similar, so many stupid rules and illogical laws. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

That’s ridiculous! First of all, 20 Baht is nothing. If you can afford to stay at a 5 star hotel then you can afford 20 Baht for a toothbrush. Secondly, getting fired over this seems definitely excessive!

Alternatively a 5 star hotel should offer free what is often provided in 3 star hotels. It's not much to ask and at 20 baht the toothbrush would not have been an Oral B with soft bristles brush. The hotel seems stingy. Though I would never leave my teeth to the mercy of a cheap hotel brush.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

The employee was fired for their attitude…the customer is always right manta is being followed…

is this a western or Thai hotel/chain?

you could always research the article for yourself to find out ...  it was mentioned in a post above .....   

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

Serves him/her right. Bad attitude to defend an indefencible policy of charging 20 baht for a toothbrush online for the world to see...and with attitude.  Silly person. I really doubt that is a company policy even. He shouldn't be a manager, I'd fire him.

• Agree 1

A knee jerk reaction from the now redundant hotel manager and a knee jerk reaction from the hotel owners .

Thai people seem to have a big problem with any criticism.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

he'll be flipping hamburgers at McDonald's next week :vampire:

OK, but the new Mcdonalds cook will demand 5 baht extra for the tomatoe sauce for there overpriced hamburgers.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Manager or the hotel should have simply posted "To save from waste, toothbrushes will only be provided upon request" -like how every other hotel in the world shows how green they are.

20 baht toothbrush?  Probably cost the hotel 7 baht.

Personally, I always travel with my own toothbrush as hotel freebies are usually of inferior quality.

You can use the toothbrush and give it a rinse then put it back for the next guest. 

• Confused 1

Some people really believe that they are superior... If you stay in a 5 star hotel and the hotel  has a policy as explained  there is no reason to make such a problem.  The manager should not be fired that is over the top. The customer who believes that he is God she be refused next time.. problems about a toothbrush how low can you go

I would agree witht the reviewer on this.  I have stayed at 5 star, 4 star and many 3 star hotels in the Land of Smiles and the defintion of  "service" is a fluid term. If one pays 5 Star prices this would mean "the guest should not have to ask any thing".  I have seen eco friendly and disposable toothrushes that are not made of plastic.  So "save the enviornemnt" does not ring true to me. In my experience I hated dealing with native hotel managers in LOS but all the foreign managers were receptive and friendly when I spoke to them about anything.  

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In response, the manager left a comment in English, saying, “Now let me explain or educate you a little bit about green hotels; we care for the environment, and this is why we do not put dental kits for free in the rooms.”

This comment was not required.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

This comment was not required.

or even word it better ..... treating the customer like a school kid ...

but better still,  he didn't need that comment in.  

Edited by steven100

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

or even word it better ..... treating the customer like a school kid ...

but better still,  he didn't need that comment in.  

"Let me explain/clarify the hotels green policy" 

would have been better.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

getting fired over this seems definitely excessive

In a way, yes. But maybe they were looking for some time to fire him. Now they had a reason. 

The text above is certainly not what should be send to a 5-star hotel guest from a 5-star hotel manager.