Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked my 2.2 XLT AT up today in Chiang Mai biggrin.png Been a long wait, but very happy now.

There were 9 other trucks picked up today, & the parking lot was full of more, including at least 3 Wildtraks, so I guess they're starting to up the deliveries. Still a pretty rare sight up here, compared to the Mazdas.

Picked my 2.2 XLT AT up today in Chiang Mai biggrin.png Been a long wait, but very happy now.

There were 9 other trucks picked up today, & the parking lot was full of more, including at least 3 Wildtraks, so I guess they're starting to up the deliveries. Still a pretty rare sight up here, compared to the Mazdas.

Congratulations, hope you post some feed back on your new ride.

Still waiting for my WT 2.2sad.png

First thing you notice is how quiet it is. Also seems a lot higher ride than my 4x4 Strada.

When did you order your 2.2 WT?

OK...I was wondering about it...and your color I hope?! Congrats thumbsup.gif

OK...I was wondering about it...and your color I hope?! Congrats thumbsup.gif

Yep, Gunmetal Blue. smile.png

Tried to get some free reverse sensors thrown in, "Due to the long wait", but the boss just smiled & explained I'd have got a truck earlier if I'd been flexible on colour......

I'm on my way up to Ford BKK later this week to pick up my 2.2 WT 4x4 - it's been a long old wait since Dec 2011 and almost threw the towel in a few times!

Thanks to the guys here who have posted previously I'll have some idea on what to look out for when I go and get it.

Raining today, so a chance to try out the "auto wipers". They work really well, adjusting wipe frequency to suit the conditions, & speed of truck. Drove on slow country roads with very light rain, & on superhighway at speed. Excellent.

Now what to do with my left hand?

I just put my Ford in for the first service at 10K.

Costing me 4,000 baht for a old change and filter. I will do the next one myself.

Hopefully they will give me my white plates today smile.png

I heard Fords were expensive to service here but 4k for an oil filter and drain the oil is CRAZY!!!

Costing me 4,000 baht for a old change and filter. I will do the next one myself.

I was told that the first service is at 15K km,or 9 months whatever comes first (that's for 2.2 XLT)...?

Raining today, so a chance to try out the "auto wipers". They work really well, adjusting wipe frequency to suit the conditions, & speed of truck. Drove on slow country roads with very light rain, & on superhighway at speed. Excellent.

Now what to do with my left hand?

I was out there in the rain too...the "auto wipers" work...and the "auto lights" work as well ! All good so far...

...never had a problem with my left hand yet ...most of the time it rests on the "arm rest" laugh.png

I thought first service for the Ranger is at 15,000km ?

4k is dam_n exxy for oil and filter given the labour is "free" for the first two services.

I thought first service for the Ranger is at 15,000km ?

4k is dam_n exxy for oil and filter given the labour is "free" for the first two services.

General check up at 3 to 4K and first interim service at 15K.

Although, I still think that's too much and will be having the oil changed at my local back street Bazz at 10k, and then get the "Ford warranty" done at 15K.

Noticed yesterday that the XLT has 6 speakers - 4 in the doors & a couple of tweeters on the front pillars. Website specs only state 4, so that's a bonus. If only someone could work out how to fit a USB socket - I would imagine it's the same audio unit as the Wildtrak & Mazda.

Noticed yesterday that the XLT has 6 speakers - 4 in the doors & a couple of tweeters on the front pillars. Website specs only state 4, so that's a bonus. If only someone could work out how to fit a USB socket - I would imagine it's the same audio unit as the Wildtrak & Mazda.

Does it not have Bluetooth? I have not touched the USB since I got Bluetooth.

Yeah, they say first service is at 15k, but I changed the oil early to get the crap out as I was told by some car nuts that this is what you should do.

Also found out my 15K, 30K 45K and 60K services are free, but not my 10K which I did yesterday.

So I guess I will go back when I have reached 15K and get a free service.

Also about the DVD player, my salesman told me that I will not lose my warrentee if I install a decent DVD player in with a reverse camera.

Yeah the USB socket is below the aircon nobs

USB only on the Wildtrak. I've got the AUX socket there. Wouldn't surprise me if I could get the cover off, that a USB socket is hiding beneath. For some bizarre reason Ford thought USB is only for top end models sad.png

When are you going to get the DVD installed WebBangkok? Are you getting Nav as well? The reason I ask is because I am not so far away from these people I think (Chaengwattana) and if you don't mind, I would like to look at the installation before proceeding myself. I hope I'm not being to presumptuous.

Edited by Woodsie888

Yeah I am 90% sure I will get it done.

I will probably do it this month sometime when I get a spare few hours.

I still need to ask them a few questions about it. But I will inform you when I do it, you can meet me down there if you like.

Not really bothered with a SATnav unless it comes with the unit that I like. I just want to have a decent DVD player.

USB only on the Wildtrak. I've got the AUX socket there. Wouldn't surprise me if I could get the cover off, that a USB socket is hiding beneath. For some bizarre reason Ford thought USB is only for top end models sad.png

The wiring is there for the USB but you need the Bluetooth module which hides under the Airbag, wiring is also there for it.

The wiring is there for the USB but you need the Bluetooth module which hides under the Airbag, wiring is also there for it.

Interesting. Do you know if this upgrade is being offered by anyone?

Yeah I am 90% sure I will get it done.

I will probably do it this month sometime when I get a spare few hours.

I still need to ask them a few questions about it. But I will inform you when I do it, you can meet me down there if you like.

Not really bothered with a SATnav unless it comes with the unit that I like. I just want to have a decent DVD player.

Thanks for that. As of Monday I am away for most of Sept so I'll probably miss your timing. I am really interested to find out about the result though.

From my perspective, I'm very happy with the Bluetooth facility, not so happy with the factory rear camera in the mirror which although very clear just seems odd for some reason and I am very unimpressed with the factory sound system, which I find either way too loud or far too quiet with a base resonance which seems to be competing with regular car noises. Do you agree, or am I the odd man out here? PS Wildtrak 3.2

Edited by Woodsie888