Assist Thai Visa Services

Mekong Bob

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've sent them 3 emails over the last 3 weeks asking about a specific service (getting an exit / re-entry stamp in my passport) and their fees. No answer to any of the 3 mails.

I also called once, the person who answered the phone said she didn't know the answer but would have someone return my call

within 1 hour. Never happened.

Do any CM members know of any similar agents here in CM who are reliable. Appreciate any comments you can offer, thanks.

No mails about 'lazy / do it yourself' thanks. My health not up to sitting around the immigration office for hours.

I sent an email yesterday, with a new Entry stamp and also have not heard back from them.

Just got an email reply--Office Is Closed Until Wednesday--so, that answers the Topic.

Edited by haybilly

Yes Im normally on to it with regards visas, but this time I too have been caught out.....bugger and damn it. So off to immigration on Wednesday with a 500 baht fine before getting the 1 month extension. Sometimes you just cant keep on top of all these holidays.

Life goes on...wai.gif

Yes Im normally on to it with regards visas, but this time I too have been caught out.....bugger and dam_n it. So off to immigration on Wednesday with a 500 baht fine before getting the 1 month extension. Sometimes you just cant keep on top of all these holidays.

Life goes on...wai.gif

Give your self some time and all life will become a holiday.

Unless you are one of those people who really enjoy what they do and would rather do that than retire.wai2.gif

Immigration offices generally do not levy an overstay fine when the permission to stay expires on a weekend or holiday and application for extension is made on the first working day after expiration. Let us know how it goes in your case on Wednesday.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes Im normally on to it with regards visas, but this time I too have been caught out.....bugger and dam_n it. So off to immigration on Wednesday with a 500 baht fine before getting the 1 month extension. Sometimes you just cant keep on top of all these holidays.

Life goes on...wai.gif

The Thai Visa calendar has been very useful, showing all the Thai national holidays for this year.

It seems that the 4-day holiday we're having now is not only alcohol-free, but includes lots of other service offices, and not just public servants. I called into AMORN electrical shop yesterday, and they were closing the doors at 4pm.

Yearly charge is know B5.5 K, the 4 renewals of 90 days reporting is still B1,000.

john

Worth it for peace of mind.

I just took a friend in this morning to sign up for the 90 day reports, 1500 baht per year now.

Yes correct 1500/year now unless you do your renewal with them too then it is 1000

I just do my 90's with them. Paid 1000 last year but this year they said will be 1500

I am still thinking that is fine for that service in my case.

There is a lawyer named Tom who also does this service. His office is on Wulai Road, and I beleive his 90 day reporting is 200 baht, and I am not sure of the exact charges for his other services. I don't know if I am allowed to post his address and phone number on this forum.

Yearly charge is know B5.5 K, the 4 renewals of 90 days reporting is still B1,000.

john

Worth it for peace of mind.

I just took a friend in this morning to sign up for the 90 day reports, 1500 baht per year now.

Yes correct 1500/year now unless you do your renewal with them too then it is 1000

I just do my 90's with them. Paid 1000 last year but this year they said will be 1500

I am still thinking that is fine for that service in my case.

That means I have to pay 4.1 baht a day for the privilege of not going or thinking about immigration all year.......outrageous!

• Like 1

There is a lawyer named Tom who also does this service. His office is on Wulai Road, and I beleive his 90 day reporting is 200 baht, and I am not sure of the exact charges for his other services. I don't know if I am allowed to post his address and phone number on this forum.

Please do. I think a lot of people will want to know.

• Like 1

I have had dealings by mail.

Anyone has an idea what they charge for the services for extension of visa ?

I reckon we have to visit their office as well to handover the passport or do they have a courier service ?

Cheers
Lawrence

That means I have to pay 4.1 baht a day for the privilege of not going or thinking about immigration all year.......outrageous!

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to pay even 4.3 baht per day to avoid dealing with Immigration. Maybe even 4.4!

• Like 2

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to pay even 4.3 baht per day to avoid dealing with Immigration. Maybe even 4.4!

something around 17-18 baht per day including the annual extension, isn't it?

re

with the visa assist fee

the yearly extension fee

and a single re entry permit done on the

day in case i have to leave in an hurry ?

my calculator makes it

23.83562 baht a day for one year smile.png

dave2

post-42592-0-71792300-1374595078_thumb.j

post-42592-0-32778800-1374595211_thumb.j

if there is someone else providing this service I'd also to know more.

Think you'll find most, if not all, foreigner-'friendly' lawyer firms will be able to do this, though likely costing more. Sunbelt is 500 baht per report I think, though there may be a discount for all four...

re

with the visa assist fee

the yearly extension fee

and a single re entry permit done on the

day in case i have to leave in an hurry ?

my calculator makes it

23.83562 baht a day for one year smile.png

dave2

Yes, that includes the fees paid to Immigration, not just the fee paid to Assist Thai Visa. I can understand how many are happy to pay the 5500 baht for the service but on the other hand, I figure it takes me less than 5 hours total including transport to do it and 1100 baht per hour is not bad for such easy tasks.

When I had a business here, I had to pay my accountant considerably more to handle my visa needs.

I had a multiple re-entry stamp and was required to make the run to Mai Sai every three months as well as going out of the country every year to renew my Visa. A full day lost every three months, plus the cost of going to KL for three days, plus the cost of the Visa itself., PLUS the cost of the accountant's fees... Hey, if I can get all of this for under 6,000 baht, even under 10,000 baht, and no loss of seven full days time, I'm happy to pay it. On the other hand, I actually DID enjoy going to Mai Sai and KL.... giggle.gif It's nice to have the choice though.

When I had a business here, I had to pay my accountant considerably more to handle my visa needs.

I had a multiple re-entry stamp and was required to make the run to Mai Sai every three months as well as going out of the country every year to renew my Visa. A full day lost every three months, plus the cost of going to KL for three days, plus the cost of the Visa itself., PLUS the cost of the accountant's fees... Hey, if I can get all of this for under 6,000 baht, even under 10,000 baht, and no loss of seven full days time, I'm happy to pay it. On the other hand, I actually DID enjoy going to Mai Sai and KL.... giggle.gif It's nice to have the choice though.

Apparently there are some that enjoy going to Chiang Mai Immigration.

Apparently there are some that enjoy going to Chiang Mai Immigration.

The only day out the wife and kids get. biggrin.png

Please do. I think a lot of people will want to know.

Everyone knows how to find him. He's been around for years. I doubt if he would want certain info advertised too openly.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1

You say had your business.

I presume you no longer have it and are not required to go through all that rigamarole any more.