webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

Someone in the Govt has finally come to their senses.

If the Thaksin loving chief of police had realized that several days back that the people (public) were trying to get into public buildings then it would have saved lives, injuries and a lot of trouble.

If the gates to all the public buildings had been open, as they should have, then the protesters would have been free to wander around.

However some idiot decided they had to defend public buildings from the public who had been protesting peacefully up to the point where they were denied entry to the grounds of these buildings.

Had the gates been open there could have been no win or lose for anyone.

OK, not even clear if there's even a truce at this point. Perhaps all that's happened is simply a result of government strategy to defuse tensions and that's all there is to it. But I'm sure things will remain calm for the next two or three days.

กบฏ Don @smartbrain 5m

Nititorn - This is not victory. Thaksin regime is not gone. We will continue to protest. We will not stop.

กบฏ Don @smartbrain 6m
Nititorn - We may move our people to Pitsanulok. Gov might attack us now that there is a lull.

กบฏ Don @smartbrain 5m

Nititorn - We will continue to protest until power is returned to people and police are bought to justice for what they did.

Suthep speaking now. Question is, if protesters resume the fight on the 6th, will they be able to regain the momentum they had?

• So really nothings actually happened after all this shouting parading and the rest, she's still Pm, he's in Dubai , so to quote the Immortal Captain Phil its "an imperfect world we're screwed, blued and tattoo'd"

Congrats on your victory Khun Suthep, you have walked in to police HQ and gotten yourself and your idiot followers surrounded, genius.

There will be some wonderful Suthep jokes going the rounds, there must be quite a few already, anyone?

My wife is over the moon at the moment, jumping up and down saying "we won, we won". I'm a bit more reserved, I am more concerned about what happens next. Will the people of Thailand truly have a voice in the next government to be formed, or will votes be purchassed and the needs of the people ignored again? I am concerened about Thailand's future, I do hope this protest will see Thailand headed toward democracy rather than autocracy dressed up as democracy, for those who say that a democratically elected government has been ousted, I'm sorry, but in my view any goverment which is voted in on the back of vote buying rather than electionering was not democratically elected.

I think she is right. The chances of Oak Shinawatra becoming the next head of state is as likely as the reforming of the original Beatles lineup. Thaksin's amnesty bill and asset return plus compound 7.5% interest likewise. Yingluck, with bloodied hands will be unelectable and reviled by all, lying to rest in history books somewhere between Stalin and Vlad the impaler. My, how things have changed in the past week.

Of course, if victory is only measured by how many telecoms monopolies Suthep can award to himself and family members then no, they didn't win. But it wasn't about Sutheps personal enrichment, it was about bringing recognition of the Shinawatra regime's despicable nepotism, corruption and lack of democratic principles.

He shoots.... He scores!!!

From what my wife has told me while translating various segments of dialogue over the past few days, Suthep resigned from politics to lead the protest and has announced that he intends to fully retire after this show is finished. If that is the case, especially if the government concedes defeat, then it my well be someone else holding the reigns, plus if he is true to his word, he will probably be in police custody, don't know for how long but.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, looks like there is good news after all:

Posted 15 minutes ago

RT@Saksith: Suthep is now speaking on stage INSIDE Govt Complex, he still sounds hoarse. He reportedly collapsed earlier today.

Looks like there's still a chance of him dying a peaceful natural death. Keep screaming from the top of your lungs, Suthep. At your age that heart attack is already standing at the door.

Don't know if anyone saw my last post on the previous page, but it's pretty clear that nothing's really changed and this is just a temporary accord for the King's birthday. Not even sure if there was an agreement between them or if it was a unilateral move by the government to defuse tensions.

Saksith Saiyasombut @Saksith 13m

Suthep: “This is just a partial victory. We can’t go home just yet.”

veena T. @veen_NT 7m

@tulsathit: Suthep: Our goal is total eradication of Thaksin system, and the goal remains unchanged.”

tulsathit @tulsathit 2m

Suthep: We can celebrate, but we can't get carried away. The Thaksin system is still very much there.

tulsathit @tulsathit 4m

Suthep: We must be patient. Coup will take only 3 hours. This way of battle requires time, because we've only hearts and bare hands.

RT @tulsathit: Suthep: Govt is seeking sympathy. They will dissolve House in a day or two and paint us as trouble-makers.

So... what are these guys celebrating again? Anyway, it was worth it for the pictures of the hugs between police and protesters.

Edited by Emptyset

My wife is over the moon at the moment, jumping up and down saying "we won, we won". I'm a bit more reserved, I am more concerned about what happens next. Will the people of Thailand truly have a voice in the next government to be formed, or will votes be purchassed and the needs of the people ignored again? I am concerened about Thailand's future, I do hope this protest will see Thailand headed toward democracy rather than autocracy dressed up as democracy, for those who say that a democratically elected government has been ousted, I'm sorry, but in my view any goverment which is voted in on the back of vote buying rather than electionering was not democratically elected.

I think she is right. The chances of Oak Shinawatra becoming the next head of state is as likely as the reforming of the original Beatles lineup. Thaksin's amnesty bill and asset return plus compound 7.5% interest likewise. Yingluck, with bloodied hands will be unelectable and reviled by all, lying to rest in history books somewhere between Stalin and Vlad the impaler. My, how things have changed in the past week.

Of course, if victory is only measured by how many telecoms monopolies Suthep can award to himself and family members then no, they didn't win. But it wasn't about Sutheps personal enrichment, it was about bringing recognition of the Shinawatra regime's despicable nepotism, corruption and lack of democratic principles.

He shoots.... He scores!!!

From what my wife has told me while translating various segments of dialogue over the past few days, Suthep resigned from politics to lead the protest and has announced that he intends to fully retire after this show is finished. If that is the case, especially if the government concedes defeat, then it my well be someone else holding the reigns, plus if he is true to his word, he will probably be in police custody, don't know for how long but.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's not unheard of in politics to jump straight back into a position you unreservedly resigned from. Remember that nice chappy in the police force that contested the Bkk gubernatorial election, but lost to the proverbial electricity pole, and jumped straight back into his head honcho policeman role. No shame for these elitists I'm afraid.

The CAPO annoucement will let us know but i think it s one more move to avoid any comfrontation and let Suthep dreams on until 5 of december

It's not over until the fat lady sings but she is too busy trying to takeover.

Podge or Yappa?

Edited by bigbamboo

He was scared to start tomorrow with the potential of no victory in sight, after having declared Wednesday the "final day of victory". So he declared victory today, Tuesday, and that way has prevented loss of face. He's a genius, after all.

Congrats on your victory Khun Suthep, you have walked in to police HQ and gotten yourself and your idiot followers surrounded, genius.

There will be some wonderful Suthep jokes going the rounds, there must be quite a few already, anyone?

Keep up :)

He didn't "walk in" and his followers are at no risk.

They also entered the grounds of Gov. House, and left unmolested (except Chuwit tho tried to be funny and got pelted by empty - or mostly empty eater bottles!)

oh to be in dubai to see his face now...priceless.......i so hope its the end of yingluck she was way out of her depth...but brother didnt care about her one bit..vile human...him,him,him,,,

Yingluk gone,and now what?People council with Suthep on top as head?Wow,great improvement.Yingluk did a great a job how she handled this crisis.It could hv gone really ugly.The people should go home now,Suthep should be in police custody.Next election the"democrats" can try to beat ptp,but I doubt this will happen.If their only election slogan is"PTP and Thaksin are bad"they won't win any election for the next 10000yrs

I will for the first time on TVF admit Yingluck did a great job (or someone who controlled it) during the unrest.

BUT BUT did she do a great job BEFORE the unrest in her 2 years as PM. then I have to be honest for sure NO

Personally I don't think YL did anything at all, other than looking like a rabbit mesmerised by the headlights of an oncoming truck while trying desperately to preach someone else's story to the converted.

• Like 1

You realize Goodfellas is a movie, right?

Maybe you should strike up a conversation with Suthep. He's also into movies, I hear:

RT@MimiSawitta: Suthep: If u see police climbing down ropes from helicopters like in the movies don't look up long, look at me in case they pull me away.

He was scared to start tomorrow with the potential of no victory in sight, after having declared Wednesday the "final day of victory". So he declared victory today, Tuesday, and that way has prevented loss of face. He's a genius, after all.

You are so far removed from the facts that I am kinda in awe of you!

Suthep just finished on stage." Today was a victory but we are not finished as the Thaksin regime is still here.

A dissolution is no answer since they will just buy their way back in again. Even if YL is gone Somchai or Yao... will step in."

He has said his aides have cleaned out his desk at the Democratic party HQ.

RT@veen_NT : Suthep: My only ultimate goal is to make Thailand free of capitalism dictatorship.

He clearly lost his marbles.... hope the pro ones here does not have any company here....

I do not think I have to worry about my business here since I will not be a PM. You may have to worry though :)

The anti-government protesters declared victory on seizing the government offices include the Government House. However, they never notice that they have lost the confidence from the foreign governments and embassies. At the end, who lost?

Dollar to Baht Exchange Rate Chart ... 02 Dec 13, 1 USD = 32.1750 THB.555.

You are so far removed from the facts that I am kinda in awe of you!

Suthep just finished on stage." Today was a victory but we are not finished as the Thaksin regime is still here.

A dissolution is no answer since they will just buy their way back in again. Even if YL is gone Somchai or Yao... will step in."

He has said his aides have cleaned out his desk at the Democratic party HQ.

I am removed from the facts or camp Suthep?

Anti-govt protest core leader Tavorn Senniem declared victory after police allowed them to enter police HQ compound;protesters will remain outside,Taworn said /The Nation

and

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:50am Stage at Democracy Monument declares Victory - RT @subongkoch: http://t.co/rHxJnvW7aF #Bangkok

That was 2 hours ago.

Keep up :)

They also entered the grounds of Gov. House, and left unmolested (except Chuwit tho tried to be funny and got pelted by empty - or mostly empty eater bottles!)

Sorry,Lost the plot rolling around laughing.

But it's almost even better than a Black Adder episode,the guy actually thinks he has won!

Keep up smile.png

Dollar to Baht Exchange Rate Chart ... 02 Dec 13, 1 USD = 32.1750 THB.555.

It's not unheard of in politics to jump straight back into a position you unreservedly resigned from. Remember that nice chappy in the police force that contested the Bkk gubernatorial election, but lost to the proverbial electricity pole, and jumped straight back into his head honcho policeman role. No shame for these elitists I'm afraid.

Slightly different than getting on stage days in a row and declaring you are finished with politics.

Metropolitan Police Bureau allows demonstrators to enter its headquarters

BANGKOK, 3 December 2013 (NNT) - Bangkok Metropolitan police Chief Kamronwit Thoopkrachang says police will no longer use tear gas against demonstrators, but will instead welcome them inside the Metropolitan Police Bureau headquarters on Sri Ayutthaya road.

According to Pol Lt Gen Khamronvit, he has not been removed as the commander in charge of forces dealing with the protesters, as rumored. He said he had instructed police to open the line and clap their hands to welcome the protesters when they arrive.

Since the office belongs to the public and has been built with their tax money, protesters should be allowed to do whatever they want with it, including seizing it or burning it down to the ground, said the Metropolitan Police chief, adding that he would take sole responsibility of the protesters' actions.

Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has given 2 million baht in cash to be distributed among police officers who are on duty, said the Pol Lt Gen.

He added that police from now on would concentrate on protecting the life and property of individuals instead of holding off demonstrators from entering government offices.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-12-03 footer_n.gif

<deleted>?

What kind of police chief would say something like that?

If the police chief is too weak to deal with the hooligans then maybe he should resign.

There is big different between protesters and people who try to seize government building.

If you try to seize the government building in USA, Sweden, UK, Japan, China, Australia, Spain, Italy, Poland, Denmark, France, and ....... well any other country Police will stop you by all means but in Thailand police will open the line and klap their hands clap2.gif .

Welcome to mickey mouse country!

He"s an Indignado, this is Occupy movement talk! These are not his words for sure, but the people behind Suthep, the instigators of the uprising.

RT@veen_NT : Suthep: My only ultimate goal is to make Thailand free of capitalism dictatorship.

He clearly lost his marbles.... hope the pro ones here does not have any company here....

I do not think I have to worry about my business here since I will not be a PM. You may have to worry though smile.png

Suthep seems to believe the only 'capitalists' in Thailand are the Shinawatra family. He and the Democrats are backed by some of Thailand's wealthiest people & biggest businesses, I rather suspect he isn't proposing to eliminate them. The 'capitalist dictatorship' thing is also something Sondhi used to bang on about, as if he himself isn't a capitalist.

Edited by Emptyset
  • Like 2