Several retired senior police officers summoned in move to curb influence

Disappointing to see so many TV members support the removal of the constitution, human rights, freedom of speech, press and protest, in the face of world wide condemnation.

The funny thing is that was all before the coup and under yinglucks watch…Thats why the coup was needed!!

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "summoning" to the NPOMC sounds a lot like the gestapo or the stasi. The ones who used to be in charge of state security.

Do you think these men sit in the park all day feeding the pigeons and talking about their grandchildren?

I doubt these men are enemies of the General in a hateful sense. As a studied general would, he is isolating those who intelligence shows are in a position to oppose his goals. First and foremost goal is to stop any thoughts and motions toward civil war. Many, many lives are saved by avoiding a fight.

A politicians primary job is negotiate. When you put people into a room and "suggest" they negotiate a solution and they flatly refuse, what choice is left? Clearly, they are not politicians, they are lackeys taking orders. These politicians do not represent their constituents. They represent only the boss.

Bosses, there are two sides of lackeys and each side has its bosses. Thanks for your service hundred-and-first, but the negotiation was a sham that lasted two hours due to it being window dressing for a foregone conclusion that Suthep foreshadowed last Monday when he announced he would turn himself in and disband the protesters on Thursday.

Thak has so many he holds in his pocket its going to take months to weed them out. I just hope Prayuth is not only focusing on people but also looking at the financial books of these people and the governments spending

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

from what i read elsewhere, on Monday begins the job of looking into the financial affairs and checking the books of all the parties involved, from the very top all the way down.

That will become interesting, to say the least.

It will if they audit the disbursement of $11.4 million in foreign aid from the U.S.

Disappointing to see so many TV members support the removal of the constitution, human rights, freedom of speech, press and protest, in the face of world wide condemnation.

And allow corruption and killings in the name of "democracy"? This is the real world not Fantasy Island!

• Like 1

Just think of it this way, if Taksin had not included himself in the amnesty this all would not have happened. The poor 2010 red protesters would be free now. But no PTP wanted to have it all.

Ad to that the power misuse and corruption and this is the best thing.

The world condemns this because they think that Thai democracy is like their democracy, it is not. It is riddled with power abuse and nepotism and corruption by the PTP if they really studied it they would come to the same conclusion many of the smarter TV posters have come too.

If there is an other red government and they don't try to remove checks and balances don't try to remove civil servants and with nepotism get their man in place and play honest with less corruption I am all for it. But as the leader is the most corrupt money hungry guy alive this wont happen unless checks and balances are made stronger.

Sorry PTP Taksin brought this on your head.

The attempted amnesty bill was shouted down and defeated...as it should have been. The removal of a civil servant for political reasons was ruled wrong by the courts and the man restored to his position...as it should have been. So, the checks and balances in the system worked in these instances. Nepotism is the name of the game in Thailand, wish it were less, I agree with you, the checks and balances need to be stronger.

I take a step further back, Thaksin would not have happened had the wealthy initiated a fairer distribution of government projects and funding outside of Bangkok. That was the cause of Thaksin's election and re-election ( OK, with substantial help from the political manuvering by Thaksin's first administration). You have to give the devil his due, as previously pointed out he made reforms benefitting a vast number of Thai citizens. Buying votes? Or dealing seriously with the needs of the people. Political goals were part of these moves? Undoubtedly, but needs of the people ended up being addressed. Unfortunately, he, like so many before him in history got caught up in the idea that only he had the answers and he overstepped.

• Like 2

And allow corruption and killings in the name of "democracy"? This is the real world not Fantasy Island!

Which one of the previous Thai administration are you addressing here? I think there are more than one that fits your comment.

• Like 1

Which one of the previous Thai administration are you addressing here? I think there are more than one that fits your comment.

Cant change those but did change current/ex.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For Thaksin, the Thai police were like the Gestapo, acting as his enforcement arm and revenue

collection. Clearly Prayuth knows this, and will start trimming at the roots of the tree....

If he is able to rein in the cancerous mafia of the Thai police, Thai people will indeed sing

his praises.....

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why don't these people just retire gracefully and prune their roses like other old men do ? Until all these old farts are removed from the political scene to be replaced by young men with fresh idea's, this country will never move forward in a constructive way.

So you think the young and naive...will have better results...than the old and battle tested...?...me thinks...not...

TVF is proof of that....

Thak has so many he holds in his pocket its going to take months to weed them out. I just hope Prayuth is not only focusing on people but also looking at the financial books of these people and the governments spending

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

from what i read elsewhere, on Monday begins the job of looking into the financial affairs and checking the books of all the parties involved, from the very top all the way down.

Any links?

More and more, it is becoming apparent that the Thaksin structure and underpinnings are being dismantled.

The other interesting development is your manifestos becoming one liners....wonders never cease. smile.png

Looks like operation "street-sweep" is in full force.

The Gen. is cleaning the country from scumbags, only now need to despise them, and think recycling not a good idea, or many the farmers need some extra fertilizer???

Röhm-Putsch ?

maybe so. But it makes sense.

All this too and fro from 2006 has done nothing to move the country forward.

The thaksin influence is dividing the nation and causing even more corruption or alleged corruption.

Removing the source of antagonism will go a long way to the long path of rehabilitation

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 1

This "summoning" to the NPOMC sounds a lot like the gestapo or the stasi. The ones who used to be in charge of state security.

Do you think these men sit in the park all day feeding the pigeons and talking about their grandchildren?

I doubt these men are enemies of the General in a hateful sense. As a studied general would, he is isolating those who intelligence shows are in a position to oppose his goals. First and foremost goal is to stop any thoughts and motions toward civil war. Many, many lives are saved by avoiding a fight.

A politicians primary job is negotiate. When you put people into a room and "suggest" they negotiate a solution and they flatly refuse, what choice is left? Clearly, they are not politicians, they are lackeys taking orders. These politicians do not represent their constituents. They represent only the boss.

I guess you haven't been here long enough.

Maybe that's why some may think he talks sense......

plus one

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Just think of it this way, if Taksin had not included himself in the amnesty this all would not have happened. The poor 2010 red protesters would be free now. But no PTP wanted to have it all.

Ad to that the power misuse and corruption and this is the best thing.

The world condemns this because they think that Thai democracy is like their democracy, it is not. It is riddled with power abuse and nepotism and corruption by the PTP if they really studied it they would come to the same conclusion many of the smarter TV posters have come too.

If there is an other red government and they don't try to remove checks and balances don't try to remove civil servants and with nepotism get their man in place and play honest with less corruption I am all for it. But as the leader is the most corrupt money hungry guy alive this wont happen unless checks and balances are made stronger.

Sorry PTP Taksin brought this on your head.

The attempted amnesty bill was shouted down and defeated...as it should have been. The removal of a civil servant for political reasons was ruled wrong by the courts and the man restored to his position...as it should have been. So, the checks and balances in the system worked in these instances. Nepotism is the name of the game in Thailand, wish it were less, I agree with you, the checks and balances need to be stronger.

I take a step further back, Thaksin would not have happened had the wealthy initiated a fairer distribution of government projects and funding outside of Bangkok. That was the cause of Thaksin's election and re-election ( OK, with substantial help from the political manuvering by Thaksin's first administration). You have to give the devil his due, as previously pointed out he made reforms benefitting a vast number of Thai citizens. Buying votes? Or dealing seriously with the needs of the people. Political goals were part of these moves? Undoubtedly, but needs of the people ended up being addressed. Unfortunately, he, like so many before him in history got caught up in the idea that only he had the answers and he overstepped.

I agree that Taksin would not have happened if the government was smarter before, however that does not excuse his crimes. So he brought it all on himself by not playing by the book.

You might not believe it but I am all for helping poor farmers and for education. But not in the way it was done now that was not transparrent and open for corruption. It would have been easier to give people money based on how much land they owned (making sure only small farmers benefit not the big ones). This program was designed with corruption in mind.

so you think CHINA VIETNAM and so forth are justified in criticism and the political idiots here were democratic?. My god they say you can't fool all the people all of the time.

I,am doubting that with your very silly comments

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

If you believe that anything less than a complete cleansing of all government posts, form the local Techuban and their cronies, all the way up to and including the PM office, also to include EVERY policeman who currently, or has in the past, serving(ed) in any position in every tourist popular city, especially BKK, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai, and replaced by honest people, will make any difference in this completely corrupt country, you are as delusional as the Thais who continue to refuse to see just how rotten their officials at every level are.

If you believe that anything less than a complete cleansing of all government posts, form the local Techuban and their cronies, all the way up to and including the PM office, also to include EVERY policeman who currently, or has in the past, serving(ed) in any position in every tourist popular city, especially BKK, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai, and replaced by honest people, will make any difference in this completely corrupt country, you are as delusional as the Thais who continue to refuse to see just how rotten their officials at every level are.

Come on, Newbie, don't hold back - tell us what you really think.

• Like 1

More and more, it is becoming apparent that the Thaksin structure and underpinnings are being dismantled.

Quite.

And it is also becoming more and more apparent that this coup has been carefully planned well in advance.

People complained the Army were doing nothing - not at all, they were beavering away setting this up, and giving everyone enough rope and just biding their time ... which is now.

Perfect timing by Prayuth, get them all in one place, ask them a few simple questions, the idiots reply appropriately and BINGO! Off you go to your 'safe houses', aka cells.

Strong and efficient action is needed now and I think Prayuth is not a quitter.

I just hope the stupid Reds don't start something that needs effective retaliation. Unfortunately, their recent history suggests otherwise ...

The names on that list are scary, very dangerous men who have been involved in many notorious and violent incidents in the past.

People Thaksin liked to mix with.

Yes, too many violent incidents to mention individually, but I am sure these guys know where many bodies are buried (metaphorical and literal) in many state-ordered executions from the Thaksin regime, including the notorious "War on Drugs" killing spree. They were not angels before or after Thaksin's 6 years despotic regime, but it was during that period that they accumulated some of the worst blood on their hands. However, they need justice in a normal court of law, not a closed military court or tribunal. No doubt none of them will ever be charged for their alleged crimes, but will just be kept out of circulation for a short while. sad.png

Seems like a lot of TV posters are really happy with things now that the general has taken control. For all your talk of how the Shinawatra family and those around them have raped the country, none of you are really in the know about anything that goes on. Most of the allegations made by you people are nothing more than the rumor mill that goes around and around and around. While I am not at all of the belief that things have not happened which were dishonest, deceitful, and corrupt, how is it you seem to believe that the PDRC, Democrats, or Army generals are any better? How many poor generals do you know? Where did Suthep get his money? You are so happy that the general is going after people supporting the PTP, you are oblivious to the fact that the general has rounded up a large group of people without warrant and without lawful justification, had detained them in a manner which in any other country would be unlawful. Probably okay with you if he shoots them too. I would not be so happy at the course of events just because you dislike the Shinawatras, PTP, Reds or whomever. You all forget how the Democrats came to power under dubious means, how the government of Ahbisit caused the death of over a hundred people. There is almost glee among the anti-Thaksin bunch here and it's all okay because the general is against the side you vehemently hate so much. Doesn't matter that the man dissolved the senate, put aside the constitution and with military power just took over everything. That is interesting thinking to me. So much for the rule of law as long as it is for the "right" side.

• Like 2

You are perfectly correct it doesn't matter...............If this man is genuinely trying to sort things out so Thailand doesn't have another Thaksin or Yinluck, using and abusing simple Thai people, to gain power and wealth for themselves, then more power to his elbow.......as far as Ahbasit government causing people's deaths????? Does ha-roi ha-roi mean anything to you? Had the red's not been paid would they even have come to bkk?...I think not and no one would have died.

Edited by Tanlic
  • Like 1

Extreme conditions require an extreme response. Are you seriously saying that just on principle, you would like to see the continued raping of the country by the Shinawatra family and friends and the continued corruption of police and others? Also the continued chaos, injuries and deaths caused by the warring political factions? And do you really believe that human rights and the constitution were being upheld by Yingluck and her cronies?

• Like 1