Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

This morning went for a 90 day report. Left the house at 0750 arrived at 0800 at Immigration Q up and wait. The ladies came out at 0830 and started pouring over the forms giving a few new forms to fill out due to some mistake. The lady checked mine gave me number 14, went off for a drink after finishing went in and sit down. Shortly call my number and collected paper work. The younger of the two checked my last 90 day report and hooped you late I retorted went to Laos. Well got the paper work back stamped it and into the passport no charge for 2 days late. Out by 0900 very fast and no problem. There may have been about 30 people in line for 90 day report, they had completed 14 by 0900 starting after 0830

6 hours ago, grin said:

Both forms are two sided and were printed out on one page. The same forms were used last year successfully. I only made a few necessary edits this year. I didn't ask for extra copies of the new forms so I don't have them in front of me.

The only difference I could see on the TM7 form was on the first page where my form had "issued at" in English, their form had a Thai word that I can't remember.

My TM8 form had the line for Month, Year, Valid until date, Month, Year at the bottom of the first page. On the form they gave me this line and the one above appear at the top of the second page.

(edit 1) Actually there was another difference that just occurred to me. The boxes for the picture were larger on both new forms, much closer to the actual size. Now that I recall the last line in the boxes also had "4 x 6" instead of Thai numerals. That would explain how they noticed so quickly as the box sizes were so much different. My guess is that people were using smaller pictures to match the box size and did not realize that the Thai numerals translated to "4 x 6 cm".

(edit 2) Assuming the picture box size was the reason then it was me who screwed up. If I had already pasted my pictures on both forms then they could not have seen the small boxes underneath. ;)

Based on the above, I went to the Thai Immigration Website to see if i could download the TM7 and compare.  They have made a new website and the link for downloads was clearly visible.  "CLICK"......... the entire list of forms including the numbers is in Thai Language.  Brilliant.  I starting randomly clicking and found the TM7 to be number 14 on the list.  I only checked to see if the picture box appeared as above  "4x6" and it did.  I assume it is the new form.  I didn't check for any others.  It is a PDF form that you will have to print and fill in by hand.    

Note:  After I did the above 'clicking'  of forms, I copied the Thai name and pasted in Google Translate.  That worked for the TM7 description, so I guess one will have to do that to find any other form you may need. 

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, sanemax said:

I did notice that there was a public bus stop quite close to Prominada , about five minutes away , across the main road heading back to CM .

Not sure about times or whether its actually in service , I just recall walking past a bus stop as I was walking home 

I observed the road for some time, but I saw no songtheaws on the highway, so while there may be a route, it's not well frequented by songtheaws. Also, no walkway over, so would be very dangerous to cross that road unless walking all the way down to go under the flyover and back again.

They don't have a "timetable" as such. On just has to wait.

Went to Promenada to check out requirements, and was told we don't have to fill out the "spy" form anymore. That's good.

The good food court in the basement has closed and is now in a small room next to KFC in B wing. The sign is only in Thai, so I thought it was a Thai restaurant at first. Usual prices.

Does anyone know anything about the red songtheaws parked outside Promenada with a written sign on them proclaiming "shuttle, 30 baht"?

The driver I spoke to only waved me to go to the one that wanted 200 baht, and refused to answer my question and muttered something about "inside only".

I was at Promenada around 9.30 and there was no q for any of the categories, and not a lot of people at all. I don't know why there would be less expats just because it is low season.

BTW, the cinema is giving "senior" discounts. 100 baht for a year and the tickets are a lot less every time than full price. Need passport to get the card though.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Does anyone know anything about the red songtheaws parked outside Promenada with a written sign on them proclaiming "shuttle, 30 baht"?

The driver I spoke to only waved me to go to the one that wanted 200 baht, and refused to answer my question and muttered something about "inside only".

I was at Promenada around 9.30 and there was no q for any of the categories, and not a lot of people at all. I don't know why there would be less expats just because it is low season.

BTW, the cinema is giving "senior" discounts. 100 baht for a year and the tickets are a lot less every time than full price. Need passport to get the card though.

I think there was another thread on this in this forum. Anyway, I will post there.

Haven't done a 90 day report by mail for a while as I have been out of the country.Happy to report that, EMS both ways, received back in 5 working days.

Thats pretty well average in my experience.Total cost 74 baht. Have no idea of status of online reporting, last I heard it was still down.

take care there after money /as only a few go to immigration now

been 7 yrs on retirement visa 

usually go out of country for holidays  to another country 4 times a year

never been asked to do a visit to immigration on return or tm30 form

have house and yellow book and married to Thai

had to go 2nd floor and pay fine 1600b/ before did my 12mth  visa

wife was talking to a friend /her husband was same/never filled in form or report on return

was fined also 1600b/with lack of tourists and retirement people /looking for money

the strange thing is usually at airport the immigration fellow will look at visa /

and say you need to go in on next 90day or when 12mth visa finished

1 hour ago, opalred said:

take care there after money /as only a few go to immigration now

been 7 yrs on retirement visa 

usually go out of country for holidays  to another country 4 times a year

never been asked to do a visit to immigration on return or tm30 form

have house and yellow book and married to Thai

had to go 2nd floor and pay fine 1600b/ before did my 12mth  visa

wife was talking to a friend /her husband was same/never filled in form or report on return

was fined also 1600b/with lack of tourists and retirement people /looking for money

the strange thing is usually at airport the immigration fellow will look at visa /

and say you need to go in on next 90day or when 12mth visa finished

Same here as regards 1600 bht fine for not filling in TM30. I arrived here 11 years ago, haven't left Thailand since then, no TM30 required when I arrived. Asked visa agent when getting my last year's retirement extension, was told 'not required'. This year, fined 1600 bht for not doing what I couldn't do when I first arrived. Not happy.

Follow the money.........

18 hours ago, Shantishanti said:

Hi,

Just for information, I went to immigration yesterday (21st June) to extend my retirement visa : I arrived at 6:45, there was 6 persons waiting at retirement queue, and everything was finished at 9:45. If it can help to foresee...

That was really fast. I had to wait until noon before I could go home last year.

I guess this is low season.

I went to immigration Prom this morning to file 90 day reports for Hubby and me.  I arrived around 8:15 and by 8:30 am there were 10 people in the retirement extension queue.  Why people think they have to arrive at zero-dark-stupid is beyond me.  I imagine all 10 were seen by lunchtime.

As for me, I was given queue tickets 20 and 21 for our 90 day reports and was done by 9:15 am.  The two ladies handling 90 day reports really have a nice, quick system going of handling three applicants at once.  Watching them work the documents side-by-side is like watching two people play a four-handed piano piece.  They seem to be having a good time, too.  

Definitely a better atmosphere there these days for routine services.  I guess Imm. Prom. has decided the 1600 baht fines for TM30s and pushing newly arrived retirees into using agents for visa conversions gives them enough extra.  No need to create misery for EVERY transaction.

i saw something bad there the other day 

i had to go 2nd floor to pay like others 

a older gent with a walking stick was there 

on leaving went to escalator /

but said he  couldn't get on as they  go to fast getting on and off 

he had to slowly and painfully walk the stairs

now i have to be careful/have problem too through a motorbike accident years ago

now why would you put this immigration room up there

because to get business to failing dukes and g4t

sick and sad

15 hours ago, NancyL said:

Definitely a better atmosphere there these days for routine services.  I guess Imm. Prom. has decided the 1600 baht fines for TM30s and pushing newly arrived retirees into using agents for visa conversions gives them enough extra.  No need to create misery for EVERY transaction.

still cannot stop your uncontrollable whims of Immgr  Dept,s  services being  improper, can you???

12 hours ago, opalred said:

now i have to be careful/have problem too through a motorbike accident years ago

sick and sad

why did,nt you assist the elder gentleman down the stairs ????, that would have been a very nice , thing to do

13 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

still cannot stop your uncontrollable whims of Immgr  Dept,s  services being  improper, can you???

why did,nt you assist the elder gentleman down the stairs ????, that would have been a very nice , thing to do

Always having to complain about others

Maybe we need positive posts not like yours

Moderators take note

• Like 1

13 hours ago, opalred said:

sick and sad

There is an elevator (i.e. "lift") near the toilets.  I don't have a clue where the stairs are located.  I've used the elevator when I've taken people in a wheelchair to Prom. and we've enjoyed lunch at Duke's -- definitely not a failing business.

Look around, every mall here has elevators, even the ancient Kad Suan Kaew.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sappersrest said:

To many conspiracy theorists  about either state your claims here with evidence or shut up. Chiang Mai immigration works well.

Really hope their lawyers are following this thread.

After following the immigration  threads for 2 years

It took Bangkok Immigration a long time to acquire the correct information

Before they could act

That is why you see so many new faces working there

I have found Immigration to be work much better over the last 6 months when i do my own immigration things not through a Agent

There is always room for improvement

As i am being positive not negative

sir/ i ask him if he needed help he said would be ok 

as he joked about me as wife helps me on and off escalators and steps

now why would you put a place on the top floor 

when the place is near empty

no lifts for elderly /and people in wheelchairs

now the numbers at  immigration would be down 70% to a few years ago

to the other poster 

if people are not here  /down 70% to a few years ago in immigration and restaurants 

do you call that thriving numbers/

or failing numbers 

• Like 1

To many conspiracy theorists  about either state your claims here with evidence or shut up. Chiang Mai immigration works well.

Evidence?  Just look at the previous page where two people posted about having to pay 1600 baht fines for failure to have TM30s when they have lived here for years.  When they arrived, no one at Imm. even knew how to process a TM30.

Perhaps you forget that I was president of the CM Expats Club for three years, basically a club for newly arrived retirees, so I heard many, many stories.  The appropriate "evidence" has been forwarded.

I think I'm well covered.

Edit:  Oh, yes, I forgot to add that I've surveyed on Thai Visa and with American Wardens across Thailand and these "difficulties" seems to be Chiang Mai specific.  Hmm......   But, lately Chonburi has started to enforce the TM30 rule, although them do seem to be accepting TM28s in lieu of TM30s if someone's landlord isn't cooperating. 

• Like 1

It could also be that threads like this have been viewed by those concerned and action taken starting to improve the overall situation?

And as previously mentioned even with 100% nailed on information nobody in their right mind would post it here, or anywhere, particularly a foreigner.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 3:26 PM, NancyL said:

I went to immigration Prom this morning to file 90 day reports for Hubby and me.  I arrived around 8:15 and by 8:30 am there were 10 people in the retirement extension queue.  Why people think they have to arrive at zero-dark-stupid is beyond me.  I imagine all 10 were seen by lunchtime.

As for me, I was given queue tickets 20 and 21 for our 90 day reports and was done by 9:15 am.  The two ladies handling 90 day reports really have a nice, quick system going of handling three applicants at once.  Watching them work the documents side-by-side is like watching two people play a four-handed piano piece.  They seem to be having a good time, too.  

I arrived around 9:15 am for my retirement extension last Wednesday. After having all my documents checked including the TM 30 form , I was given queue number 16. Told to return after lunch. Upon returning after lunch, I was processed in about 45 minutes. The moral around the office seems better these days. 

1 hour ago, prism said:

I arrived around 9:15 am for my retirement extension last Wednesday. After having all my documents checked including the TM 30 form , I was given queue number 16. Told to return after lunch. Upon returning after lunch, I was processed in about 45 minutes. The moral around the office seems better these days. 

Moral - a freudian slip? :smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

I have found Immigration to be work much better over the last 6 months when i do my own immigration things not through a Agent

presently it is low season, see how the   Immgr   Dept services  perform in high season (approx  Oct to  March ) that will surely indicate if any improvement has been made

• Like 1

are we talking about  elevators or escalators because i have not seen a elevator or sign  

is it for private use to dukes users

why do the immigration officers tell you at arrival airports

when you need to go next visit to immigration /90 day or 12 mths

why did they put this office hidden / on top floor near tm30 and dukes

when the lower  floors are empty / and easy access for the people bringing money into country

14 yrs here dukes 10yrs ago was a real money spinner

but sad to say like all restaurants and and bars did a big slide

they were for sale for years are the new owners

57 minutes ago, opalred said:

are we talking about  elevators or escalators because i have not seen a elevator or sign  

is it for private use to dukes users

why do the immigration officers tell you at arrival airports

when you need to go next visit to immigration /90 day or 12 mths

why did they put this office hidden / on top floor near tm30 and dukes

when the lower  floors are empty / and easy access for the people bringing money into country

14 yrs here dukes 10yrs ago was a real money spinner

but sad to say like all restaurants and and bars did a big slide

they were for sale for years are the new owners

here are several sets of public lifts in the Promenada complex, and there are many sets of escalators suitable for and not suitable for shopping trolleys, wheelchairs, etc.

If you step out from Dukes and keep walking straight ahead until you are approaching  the opposite side wall of the building, turn full right and walk 1 minute and there's a set of public lifts fully suitable for wheelchairs. In total about 3 to 4 minutes walk. 

Escalators for trolleys / wheelchairs within 1 minute walk after exiting Dukes. 

Why is one of there offices near Dukes?

Who knows, maybe a good rent deal. In any event there are public lifts and escalators within quite easy walking distance.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 3:26 PM, NancyL said:

I went for my 90 day report Tuesday 13 June. Arrived 9.15, and the girls at the info desk examined my documents, asked me to get photocopy of my original entry into Thailand in 2011, then signed it all off, and gave me ticket number 55. Similar processing situation as you, the lady officer was calling 19, 20, and 21 to her desk.  At just gone 10.15 am, I received my 90 day slip, and went for an early breakfast back in town. Very quick, efficient service now.

20 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I went for my 90 day report Tuesday 13 June. Arrived 9.15, and the girls at the info desk examined my documents, asked me to get photocopy of my original entry into Thailand in 2011, then signed it all off, and gave me ticket number 55. Similar processing situation as you, the lady officer was calling 19, 20, and 21 to her desk.  At just gone 10.15 am, I received my 90 day slip, and went for an early breakfast back in town. Very quick, efficient service now.

Just sent my 90 day by post ,5 minutes in the post office, ems out 3 baht stamp back ,5 day turnaround.

• Like 2