Why Build a Terminal 21 in Pattaya? by The Pattaya Sleuth

Inspire

As a consumer its great having all these malls with no customers, easy to park, restaurants are empty and doing specials to try and get customers etc. I usually go to the avenue for the movies, can park no problem, literally outside the cinema. Marina mall the same, park outside the door, never a queue at the checkouts.. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure if you are aware but the rompo bar complex is earmarked for a mega mall, all the bars have been given notice. It probably wont be long in coming.

good the market vegetable stall holders will be forced out. Their prices are 50% more than big C and several times had to stand there and force a re weight to get back the hundred baht that sticky fingers like to keep

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I live not far away have eaten there a hundred times at least.still think its not spicy enough .mind you after having business in Thailand visiting and living here for 24 years i am almost Thai

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good for you then you must know:

It is Thai food at Thai street food prices.

All made by Thai's.

With 95% Thai people eating because it is in fact Thai food not some tourist trap.

I have eaten there 200 times. Tourists go there mostly because it is cheap.

But, the food is Thai.....

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Yes lots of them but the food is very bland dont you think? Mainly for a non Thai palet

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't have enough experience eating there to know. As I said before, my main interest in that mall is the famous dim sum place. But I would imagine if you ask for phet phet for made to order dishes they would mostly do that. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't have enough experience eating there to know. As I said before, my main interest in that mall is the famous dim sum place. But I would imagine if you ask for phet phet for made to order dishes they would mostly do that. 

Don't get your hopes up for Tim Ho Wan, the queues and hype was only for the first few months of operation only in Bangkok, the one in Terminal 21 in Korat is dead. Menus are limited and quality only passable, it'll be great for Pattaya where the competition is nil. These 'Michelin Starred' names are just bought up from the proprietor and packaged by the same company.  As far as chain dim sum goes, Din Tai Fung is levels above.

Don't get your hopes up for Tim Ho Wan, the queues and hype was only for the first few months of operation only in Bangkok, the one in Terminal 21 in Korat is dead. Menus are limited and quality only passable, it'll be great for Pattaya where the competition is nil. These 'Michelin Starred' names are just bought up from the proprietor and packaged by the same company.  As far as chain dim sum goes, Din Tai Fung is levels above.
My information which I already stated is that it isn't coming to Pattaya.

I disagree with you about their food though unless they really declined since I ate there.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, Henryford said:

Yes i am glad i live at the other end of Pattaya. The roads around Naklua will be gridlocked 24/7.

We'll be ok--lots of side roads in Naklua/Wongamat to avoid the main roads.  And, we're not having to drive far to get to T21, Marina, Tesco, or Festival.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Bearing in mind the traffic chaos that will ensue around North Pattaya i am glad i live in Jomtien. I can live without a Mall on my doorstep.

But nice to have it to visit....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, newnative said:

We'll be ok--lots of side roads in Naklua/Wongamat to avoid the main roads.  And, we're not having to drive far to get to T21, Marina, Tesco, or Festival.

And every person like you will taking those "side roads" to avoid the main road traffic causing major clogs on those side roads.

Good luck positive thinking never hurts, but the entire surrounding area will be one big traffic jam.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

And every person like you will taking those "side roads" to avoid the main road traffic causing major clogs on those side roads.

Good luck positive thinking never hurts, but the entire surrounding area will be one big traffic jam.

We'll see.  The traffic is light on most of them now--you would think people would be using them already.  Probably only light use because they work best if you are already living there and you use them as a starting point--like using the side roads if you live on Wongamat Beach to come out by Dusit. Don't think you would take that route if you were coming from somewhere else.  Same with the return trip.  If there's gridlock getting into T21 it will be gridlock for everyone.  

28 minutes ago, newnative said:

We'll see.  The traffic is light on most of them now--you would think people would be using them already.  Probably only light use because they work best if you are already living there and you use them as a starting point--like using the side roads if you live on Wongamat Beach to come out by Dusit. Don't think you would take that route if you were coming from somewhere else.  Same with the return trip.  If there's gridlock getting into T21 it will be gridlock for everyone.  

I agree I think 2nd road from about Soi 5 to T 21 will be bumper to bumper.

I know those back routes.  And No, not take them now as the main roads are still ok.

And as people seek alternate routes off that main clog, then...

They built what will the the most popular spot in town at the corner of already one of the busiest traffic transitions. At least for the first several months it will be bad I bet.  Then weekends will be a zoo.

Hey, I have to drive thru there all the time I hope it all goes well.  

Like you said: We'll see.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, champers said:

There is still no through road from Naklua to Beach Road, the roundabout is still blocked off. This needs to change and quickly too; everything currently goes up Nua and does a U turn.

You are right; This needs to change; They must prevent cars to do a U-turn! Too many cars on Beach Road...

How bad the traffic gets depends on Songthaew baht bus parking situation, even if they have dedicated bays in front like on Central beach, they won't pull in and interfere with cars wanting to go into the carpark.

And T21 has two routes, 1 from the east on North and heading North on 2nd road, if the rightmost lane on 2nd road going in to the Carpark is jammed with cars going in and Baht bus waiting around, the ctf could extends far south to Klang junction and meet with exiting chaos from Central Festival.

On 7/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, Peterw42 said:

Not sure if you are aware but the rompo bar complex is earmarked for a mega mall, all the bars have been given notice. It probably wont be long in coming.

Are you sure ? They really want to open a mall there ?

19 hours ago, pegman said:

Rumour I heard was a hospital associated with the Bangkok church owners of that land. 

Kev-in-Thailand has a YT out today that shows a sign at Rompho Market that confirms the land owners as 'Church of Christ in Thailand (The Bangkok Christian Hospital)'.

It also indicated that the lease (to Mr Somsak Srikram) will expire on April 1, 2019.

No clear indication as to what happens next. Could be a new mall / another Big C / hospital or who knows.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2018 at 10:59 PM, dabhand said:

Could be a new mall / another Big C / hospital or who knows.

I'd be delighted with any of the above.

• Like 2

On July 5, 2018 at 10:59 AM, dabhand said:

Kev-in-Thailand has a YT out today that shows a sign at Rompho Market that confirms the land owners as 'Church of Christ in Thailand (The Bangkok Christian Hospital)'.

It also indicated that the lease (to Mr Somsak Srikram) will expire on April 1, 2019.

No clear indication as to what happens next. Could be a new mall / another Big C / hospital or who knows.

I would rather my favourite fruit/veg stands (convenient + great quality year round) and the bars stay.