Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

There was nothing to play for other than personnel pride for the lads tonight.....and i thought they made a really good fist of it,plenty of movement crisp passing at times and energy for the whole 90 minutes. Hazard yet again was back to his imperious best and his goal was a beauty. Don,t whether it was Benteke,s birthday or not .........but Begovic gave him a present anywayfacepalm.gif

I thought I heard Benteke shout at Begovic - "go on ... on me head, son"

There was nothing to play for other than personnel pride for the lads tonight.....and i thought they made a really good fist of it,plenty of movement crisp passing at times and energy for the whole 90 minutes. Hazard yet again was back to his imperious best and his goal was a beauty. Don,t whether it was Benteke,s birthday or not .........but Begovic gave him a present anywayfacepalm.gif

When I saw the starting eleven, I thought we're in for a drubbing, especially as Liverpool effectively put out their team that will face Seville. But, with the energy of Hazard and Matic in midfield, the organisation of our back four, the pace of Traore and Emre Can having his worse game ever in a Liverpool shirt, we coped very well. I thought Willian was peripheral once again. Let's see if he displays the same attitude at home against Leicester, because I get the feeling he's looking for the exit door. Mikel to take over from Terry at centre back? No, I'm only joking, he still wants to nick the ball rather than putting in a full blooded challenge.

• Like 2

Chelsea have offered club captain John Terry a one-year contract extension.

Terry's deal is up in the summer, and the club's most decorated captain revealed at the start of February there was no new offer on the table.

A Chelsea statement at the time said "the channels of dialogue" would be kept open, and the former England skipper is now considering the offer of a 12-month extension.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10280464/john-terry-offered-new-one-year-deal-by-chelsea

• Like 2

I thought I heard Benteke shout at Begovic - "go on ... on me head, son"

In a French accent? Highly unlikely Santi

Chelsea have offered club captain John Terry a one-year contract extension.

Terry's deal is up in the summer, and the club's most decorated captain revealed at the start of February there was no new offer on the table.

A Chelsea statement at the time said "the channels of dialogue" would be kept open, and the former England skipper is now considering the offer of a 12-month extension.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10280464/john-terry-offered-new-one-year-deal-by-chelsea

I believe he was angling for a two year contract, so it's no surprise that he's weighing up his options. Obviously Conte sanctioned the offer so it will be interesting to see what this "new role" entails under his regime.

Chelsea have been by far the most consistent team this season so are due congratulations.

They have and probably will not admit it , had the luxury of the same back 4 for most of the season that helped enormously.

Winning a comp firstly comes from the ability to defend.

You also needs elements of good fortune and even the last game get a dodgy penalty ,terrible attempt by Hazard, taking his eyes completely of the ball, but it rebounds straight to him and he heads it home...those sort of things don't happen to the teams trying to avoid the drop.

I can see Arsenal, with a couple of marquee signings next season, becoming a real threat.Time to spend some money.Chelsea will find their defensive system ageing and maybe not injury free so there's not such a gap or at least not one that can't be overcome.

the only merit in your post is the arsenal bit plus a good defence,the rest is just load of rubbish ,coming from a sore loser

as for your c/seas ageing defence quote,we have presently zouma(20yrs) looking the goods, and varane(22 yrs) of real madrid is the hot goss to come in the summer:)

in anycase , E/S is sure that c/sea has your point, in their sights, luckily we have no slow eddies doing the t/f deals ,and a good ally in mendes, the number one players agent:D

as i said earlier fizzles,shucks i mean ,sparkles.losers can go and please themselves, and winners are grinners, and its going to be along wait until you grin,with TULIPS in charge:lol:

ES Just couldn't help rub your nose in one of your past posts. I was talking rubbish was I? Where did Chelsea finish again? Just a tip, next season stick to your riveting match reports, even you might get the scores right ?

Hey KS or anyone else with insider knowledge....How do you rate Lollichon? Cech raved about him, Courtois not so enamoured afaik!........ Anything from 'The Man' Keith?

I know nothing about Lollichon..wilai.....other than he has been at the club for about 8 years. Yes under his coaching Cech was superb, and i saw nothing wrong with Courtois,s goalkeeping last year.....but this season....like so many other of our players, he just has,nt performed. The man told me 2 weeks ago that Conte had given Courtois permission to leave.........contrary to what may have been said or reported since.

• Like 2

Hey KS or anyone else with insider knowledge....How do you rate Lollichon? Cech raved about him, Courtois not so enamoured afaik!........ Anything from 'The Man' Keith?

I know nothing about Lollichon..wilai.....other than he has been at the club for about 8 years. Yes under his coaching Cech was superb, and i saw nothing wrong with Courtois,s goalkeeping last year.....but this season....like so many other of our players, he just has,nt performed. The man told me 2 weeks ago that Conte had given Courtois permission to leave.........contrary to what may have been said or reported since.

Jeez, if that's true,, bold decision by conte, tbh if i were a blues fan, not sure its one ide be very comfortable with.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Chelsea have been by far the most consistent team this season so are due congratulations.

They have and probably will not admit it , had the luxury of the same back 4 for most of the season that helped enormously.

Winning a comp firstly comes from the ability to defend.

You also needs elements of good fortune and even the last game get a dodgy penalty ,terrible attempt by Hazard, taking his eyes completely of the ball, but it rebounds straight to him and he heads it home...those sort of things don't happen to the teams trying to avoid the drop.

I can see Arsenal, with a couple of marquee signings next season, becoming a real threat.Time to spend some money.Chelsea will find their defensive system ageing and maybe not injury free so there's not such a gap or at least not one that can't be overcome.

the only merit in your post is the arsenal bit plus a good defence,the rest is just load of rubbish ,coming from a sore loser

as for your c/seas ageing defence quote,we have presently zouma(20yrs) looking the goods, and varane(22 yrs) of real madrid is the hot goss to come in the summer:)

in anycase , E/S is sure that c/sea has your point, in their sights, luckily we have no slow eddies doing the t/f deals ,and a good ally in mendes, the number one players agent:D

as i said earlier fizzles,shucks i mean ,sparkles.losers can go and please themselves, and winners are grinners, and its going to be along wait until you grin,with TULIPS in charge:lol:

ES Just couldn't help rub your nose in one of your past posts. I was talking rubbish was I? Where did Chelsea finish again? Just a tip, next season stick to your riveting match reports, even you might get the scores right ?

if you are referring that your quote of c/seas ageing defenders is the main reason for our total collapse last season

think again (if poss)

c/seas downfall, I.M.O.. started with a poor pre season tours , the DOC shambles, no adequate buys in defending area and m/feild (never got stones)until baba panic buy

mous ,s monumental meltdown which bordered on sheer lunacy ,hazard the destoyers fall from grace, costa ,fabergas ,oscar.s and company walk about

i.m.o. there is not one player in the whole squad, that can honestly put their hand up and say i did my BEST throughout the season

everytime i saw branno on the team sheet and capt to boot ,E/S went for another beer lao dark,throw in plugger mikel (now a days at best a squad player) E/S immediately spewed that beer lao dark up

have,nt seen a c/sea side since dave sextons time at the bridge,when ossie and hudo and company were instrumental in bringing very good team down to its knee

probably overlooked other points which contributed to this massive melt down , but c/sea,s ageing defence only played a small role, it was just a gutless performance from all

sure blind gus stopped the bleeding in shitters ditch, etc etc,and did a fine job,to that degree

with conte he has a nightmare of a job to reassemble this piss poor squad, in playing albilty. and bringing their huge ego,s( some) to acceptable level

we need at least 6 players in , and 6 the other way,E/S would start with branno and plugger mikel out on their ears immediately with a huge FOR SALE sign hanging around their necks or tied to their balls

next move , fluffed if i know , leave that migraine with conte and see how he operates

a top of a morning to all my readerssmile.png

• Like 2

Cheers Keith. There is some talk he is moving to Anfield....that may mean Courtois is staying I suppose.

Hope he does come as it will mean the end of Achterberg!smile.png

Edited by wilai

^Re: e/s last post. Agree with your point on Championship winning teams downside being to create egos and lethargy the following season in what had been decent hardworking players. It seems to affect almost every Premier winning side; it's not a coincidence that it's so difficult to retain the Premier the following season.

RLC scores two and Lewis Baker gets one for England U21's against Paraguay in the Toulon tournament. Two exciting prospects, but will they get opportunities under the new boss?

He'll be a fool if he doesn't take note . No doubt Abramovich will having a word in his shell like as these two, plus a few others, could save him a few million in transfer fees. It's just not good enough that we continually produce talent that sweeps all before them in the Youth competitions then, when they're ready to step up, kick them in the b******s by loaning them out to some team in Outer Mongolia. We haven't got the excuse that we are "fighting on all fronts" next season so, give these lads a chance Conte. If they've got what it takes mentally and talent wise, they'll take a few knock backs as long as they know that the opportunity was there.

• Like 1

I kind of agree OG. But...... We absolutely must finish top 4 next season so every BPL point will be critical. Guus had the luxury of half a season without the pressure of a top 4 finish and he could field some of the up and coming youth players.

I want to see them get a chance but points make prizes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Some explosive documents were revealed earlier on Monday as Eva Carneiro’s employment tribunal got underway in court.

The former Chelsea physio, who lost her position following a dramatic incident during stoppage time of a 2-2 draw at home to Swansea earlier this season, rejected a £1.2m out of court settlement offer from Chelsea.

New Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is set to appear as a witness next week, having insulted the Brazilian doctor as she departed the pitch.

The club claim Eva Carneiro made a series of extravagant and unrealistic demands in the aftermath of the Swansea game, including demanding a 40% pay increase.

The two sides argued at length over the matter on which the entire case could hinge, whether Mourinho called Carneiro a “filha da puta” (daughter of a whore) or merely exclaimed “filho da puta” (son of a b***h) as she ran on to the pitch that day.

I kind of agree OG. But...... We absolutely must finish top 4 next season so every BPL point will be critical. Guus had the luxury of half a season without the pressure of a top 4 finish and he could field some of the up and coming youth players.

What is the BPL??? :o:o:o:o

Some explosive documents were revealed earlier on Monday as Eva Carneiro’s employment tribunal got underway in court.

The former Chelsea physio, who lost her position following a dramatic incident during stoppage time of a 2-2 draw at home to Swansea earlier this season, rejected a £1.2m out of court settlement offer from Chelsea.

New Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is set to appear as a witness next week, having insulted the Brazilian doctor as she departed the pitch.

The club claim Eva Carneiro made a series of extravagant and unrealistic demands in the aftermath of the Swansea game, including demanding a 40% pay increase.

The two sides argued at length over the matter on which the entire case could hinge, whether Mourinho called Carneiro a “filha da puta” (daughter of a whore) or merely exclaimed “filho da puta” (son of a b***h) as she ran on to the pitch that day.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho knew, as early as the beginning of the season, that the United job was up for grabs and he was working his way out of the club by acting like a lunatic and, subsequently, making some appalling decisions. That might explain why some of the team chucked it in because they knew what he was up to.

• Like 1

What is the BPL??? :o:o:o:o

Barclays Premier League

• Like 2

We Will get an idea of what Conte could be all about pretty soon. He has some old hands in his Italy squad and a few young guns....we will see.

One of the young guns being Mattia De Sciglio. I wouldn't mind him at the club as he reminds me of Paulo Ferreira.

What's your opinion of the Chelsea youngsters that played in the Toulon tournament, lads? I didn't get to see any of it here but the general consensus is:

Chalobah......Looks classy on occasions but too many square passes and mistake ridden.

Loftus- Cheek......Loads of class, especially going forward but needs a rocket up his a**e.

Baker..........Played further forward than at Chelsea which suited him. Good movement in and around the box.

Palmer.......A bit overawed playing with an older age group but plenty of potential.

Hahahahaha!

Chelsea were forced to issue a humiliating apology to Eva Carneiro last night after they and Jose Mourinho dramatically agreed a pay-off with their former first-team doctor, just moments before she was due to testify against them at a tribunal.

The club's former manager and senior lieutenants of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich turned up unannounced at the hearing yesterday and brought an abrupt end to her constructive dismissal and sex discrimination claim.

As well as a pay-off likely to have exceeded the £1.2m opening offer - rejected earlier by Carneiro, according to documents submitted by the club on the first day of the hearing at Croydon's South London Employment Tribunal - the 42-year-old also received the apology that she had been demanding.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

The Brazilian doctor?

With all the F this, F that, F off, and SOBs, etc, in English football

Jose at least should be given credit for being grammatically correct.

I guess if he had called her a Son of B, he would have been a sexist, for ignoring she is a female.