Video: Carnage in Rayong - many vehicles and shops damaged, 4 injured

webfact

Video: Carnage in Rayong - many vehicles and shops damaged, 4 injured

ray.jpg

Image: Thairath

RAYONG: -- A video of a pick-up that fails to take a corner in Rayong ends up causing utter carnage.

The images came from CCTV footage on the Lukva Mathawee Facebook page.

The accident happened on the Thap Ma - Khao Bot road on Wednesday.

An Isuzu approaches fast and the driver loses control at a corner.

Police said that nine vehicles and ten shops were seriously damaged.

The driver of the pick-up and three others were injured.

One of the injured is the man that can be seen as a grey vehicle plunges into him.

He had just left his handicapped mother and wife in their car parked nearby to do a bit of shopping at the Khun Chow market.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-22

That seems beyond even the extremes of stupid and irresponsible. I have to think that there was either a malfunction like a stuck accelerator, a physical situation like passing out/falling asleep, or perhaps a total mental breakdown. It's hard to believe that the guy sent flying wasn't killed.

it is everyday driving ...it is unbelievable how people drive on the expressway,darting in and out of traffic,going K's above the speed limit just to save 30 seconds only to get caught up in the traffic congestion a few 100 metres down the road and all for 30 seconds,,,just call them TT drivers (temporary Thai's)

Sadly a few idiots like that around, typical young dudes in lowered pick-up trucks going like a mad.

I hope the driver will have to pay to everything, down to the last satang, followed by some prison time, confiscated pick-up truck, revoked drivers license.

That seems beyond even the extremes of stupid and irresponsible. I have to think that there was either a malfunction like a stuck accelerator, a physical situation like passing out/falling asleep, or perhaps a total mental breakdown. It's hard to believe that the guy sent flying wasn't killed.

Yes that guy really got some air.

In a country, where people hold their smartphones vertically (portrait) to copy a video from a horizontal (landscape) screen to finally end up with a tiny square video... anything is possible, I mean - anything! ermm.gif

Edited by MockingJay

wonder whether he was a authorized driver.

formula 1 driving around corners sure is a recipe for disaster.

besides the car skidding there is a possibility

of hitting on coming vehicles.

best remedy is to err on the side of caution and keep keep

speed low.

The malfunction was that his mother gave birth to an idiot.

Alas, the idiot gene is so widespread in this part of the world, things will not be improving for a very, very long time, if ever,

Pity the driver of the car was not killed. Society does not need people like that behind the wheel of a car. Still with no real consequences taken by the police this type of stupidity will never end.

Edited by gandalf12

Sadly a few idiots like that around, typical young dudes in lowered pick-up trucks going like a mad.

I hope the driver will have to pay to everything, down to the last satang, followed by some prison time, confiscated pick-up truck, revoked drivers license.

I doubt Guzzi V twin if the pickup is now worth confiscating , maybe 300B for scrap. Can't wait to here the real reason for this carnage. What makes you think the driver has a licence to drive , licence to kill possibly.

or more likely totally out of it on drugs or drunk

What a maniac, driving like that in a built up area, madness.

No doubt brake failure, nothing to do with excessive speed or inadequate brain/driving skills!

Amazed the poor guy that got launched didn't die, I hope he recovers but it will no doubt be a lengthy process.

Throw the book at the idiot.

Probably no license/insurance, will he be jailed? I doubt it sadly.

there was neither a sign the road would be slippery after raining, nor that there would be a slight curve and
also, no notification that it would get dark this evening.

Let's give him a brake.

Edited by KKr

there was neither a sign the road would be slippery after raining, nor that there would be a slight curve and

Let's give him a brake.

Give him a brake or a break?

Move the driver to an inactive post, charge those 9 vehicles for illegal parking causing the main vehicle to be unable to have a safe parking area in cases of emergency. Set up an investment committee to evaluate if the road condition was the cause of the accident. Get an officer or a food vendor to point at the road and take a picture. Case closed.

Pokemon Go to launch in Thailand in September

A guy in the USA apparently was playing it as he was driving and ran into a police car. I bet the police were very impressed. Imagine what it will be like when it finally hits Thailand? Carnage is a phrase that springs to mind

Let's give him a brake.

And it was morning so he was probably blinded by the sun in his eyes. How was he to know he isn't a Thai Nico Rosberg after all he probably put go faster stripes on the pick-up