Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

18 hours ago, Agusts said:

What top speed did you get... !? My friend has a R version and he told me he got max 116kph yesterday on flat highway - no passenger....

I havent been much over 105 (did not find longer straight roads) but I am around 92 kg

3 hours ago, oval said:

My old Nouvo 135 gets up to those speeds. Is the Aerox limited somehow?

My nouvo 135 does not go as fast as the Aerox, but it seems it might be limited a bit as my top speed is the same alone as with a passenger on it.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

My nouvo 135 does not go as fast as the Aerox, but it seems it might be limited a bit as my top speed is the same alone as with a passenger on it.

How do the two compare for handling? I find the 135 handles really well in the city

6 minutes ago, oval said:

How do the two compare for handling? I find the 135 handles really well in the city

The Aerox is just a step up .. faster acceleration smoother ride (got the R version with extra shock). The wheels are wider its not that much bigger but it certainly is a much smoother ride. There is also more storage space i like that too. Now that i got PCX mirrors on it its a bit wider as my old 135 but my field of vision has improved a lot. 

Only reason I upgraded was because i sold my big bike and i got a bit tired of my 135 being a non fuel injection one. This meant some days (after a while of not using it) it was hard to start. 

121 the max I can get on ABS version I'm 52kg and as the above poster

said. This bike can accelerate really fast I don't know the exact second count but you can go from 1-60 a lot faster then others bikes between 125-155cc. I tried a click 125 before and I could get 115kmph on that but acceleration nowhere near like this . This is a

really smooth ride as well and feels for me a lot safer riding this in general. In BKK with all the traffic I don't really think there will be many times in which you will want it faster than 120kmph especially if a lower weight rider like myself and the wind combined hitting high speeds can make you think you can just blow over haha  . I have only reached this speed anyway a few times on some of the bridges and motorways when in the rare occasion they're not piled up with traffic! And I go as fast as I can when I've not got a passager find myself rarely breaking the 80-90 mark in normal conditions with Bangkok roads, lights and traffic 

Edited by hello55060
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, robblok said:

The Aerox is just a step up .. faster acceleration smoother ride (got the R version with extra shock). The wheels are wider its not that much bigger but it certainly is a much smoother ride. There is also more storage space i like that too. Now that i got PCX mirrors on it its a bit wider as my old 135 but my field of vision has improved a lot. 

Only reason I upgraded was because i sold my big bike and i got a bit tired of my 135 being a non fuel injection one. This meant some days (after a while of not using it) it was hard to start. 

That is because you use Gasahol, use real benzine and your problem will be gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Where I live virtually all Caltex and PTT sell it, yellow sticker on pump.

I have seen the real benzine i sometimes used it in my big bike but never actually in the scooter. My Nouvo was rated for 91 (big sticker on the bike). So I never thought that could be the problem. It just annoyed me that it started hard otherwise the bike was not bad at all. 

Had i known it it would certainly be an option as scooters don't use much fuel so the price difference would not have bothered me much. The hard starting part did bother me (i always got it to start just took some doing even using the kick starter at times)

Nouvo seem very quick to have the fuel evaporate from the float bowl. FI cures this.

And that old chesnut about using pure gasoline ... look at the calendar, it is 2018 not 1918.

Over 25 years, in chainsaws to HD to Hondas to cars to pickups - Gasahol.

HD sat for almost 7 years. In a steel shipping crate. With 95 Gasohol. Zero issues.

Try and keep up people ...

15 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Nouvo seem very quick to have the fuel evaporate from the float bowl. FI cures this.

And that old chesnut about using pure gasoline ... look at the calendar, it is 2018 not 1918.

Over 25 years, in chainsaws to HD to Hondas to cars to pickups - Gasahol.

HD sat for almost 7 years. In a steel shipping crate. With 95 Gasohol. Zero issues.

Try and keep up people ...

Really, my Honda CRF250L would not start after 2 monts with the gasahol crap sold here, took it to dealer, they drained the tank refilled with fresh and started immediately, never use gasahol in any 2 stroke here and seals will die in days not weeks, maybe the gasahol you had was not Thai derived.

16 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

never use gasahol in any 2 stroke here and seals will die in days not weeks maybe the gasahol you had was not Thai derived.

2 Stroke seals go ? -  mine over 10 years, still good.

Been here 15 years ... wonder where it came from ?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" - William Shakespeare.

Question, on my Kawasaki Ninja 650 I had a trip odometer. I could reset the amount of KM driven at any given time (of course not the total KM driven with the bike). This was useful in calculating fuel consumption on a trip. Just for the fun of it as it won't break the bank. Just curious if the Aerox has a similar feature.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Question, on my Kawasaki Ninja 650 I had a trip odometer. I could reset the amount of KM driven at any given time (of course not the total KM driven with the bike). This was useful in calculating fuel consumption on a trip. Just for the fun of it as it won't break the bank. Just curious if the Aerox has a similar feature.

Never mind found it just a button to cycle through the functions. 

After riding a "new" click rental for 2 months @3500b/mth just bought an Aerox 155 new black and red base model for 64400b in chiang mai. Here are the differences for 2 people 120kg total
New Click: (2 months last year)
- More fuel efficient
- Shitty breaks that I couldn't get them to fix (just made the lever tighter which was not good), stops too slowly, scary to say the least
- Knees hit front storage buckets and im only 5' 9"
- Shopping hook and space between legs are useful
- Hated the idea of super highway, 80km/hr felt dangerous
- Massive right hand cramping first week because I ride with both hands on the breaks
- Easy to drag the back around when parked
Aerox 155 (11 days, 250km)
- Amazing acceleration, safer if first when changing lanes or getting out of difficult situations
- Only 64k so after 7 months of click would be 24,500b so break even @ 40k for a really nice new bike vs a old rental
- New breaks, work so well I can make my girlfriend fly off the back seat into me hehe
- 100km/hr is great on super highway (with the right helmet for wind)
- Not as wide as I feared so getting through slow traffic is simple with that amazing acceleration
- Suspension and seat are hard but you get used to it but fine at high speed. Some thai roads make me think it has a flat tire until I hit a smooth patch and realize it was just the road (again). Potholes and speed-bumps are smooth for the driver, less so for the passenger 555
- Fuel tank seems small, on 1 bar the gas people only seem to put 60-70b in but I think thats because they put the gas pump to far in and it triggers, only managed 100b twice.
- The on board eco gauge is telling me I get 33.6km/L, no idea if thats good
- 28L underseat storage is a little weird, you have to make sure there is nothing touching the edge in the middle or it refuses to close. Opening it multiple times a day and for most things like takeaway, groceries its fine. 
- Walked into the metal back leg rests which hurt like hell but you only do that once like burning yourself on the exhaust
For 3000b you can get R for Racing which I intentionally did not because 1. wave brakes work better when hot apparently plus more expensive to replace and 2. the rear suspension subtank increases the load capacity aka. stiffens up the suspension which makes sense in a racing context with inertia and all. For 10000b more you get ABS and keyless ignition (considering you make the same motion just without reaching into your pocket...) without the suspension subtank (curious) and stop and start system (that one is cool but 10k???) did not make sense to me.
Only other bike I seriously considered was PCX which new @84k for a fat old persons bike didn't sit, right. Overall VERY happy with purchase. It reminds me of Nouvo Elegance 135cc just better
Nice comparison. I've had a new click for 4 months 2500km and a few things you mentioned. Brakes have been good for me. At 80kph bike has no buffeting, I'm amazed how smooth it is in comparison with my big bikes in the UK. I'm 5ft10 in the morning and my knees don't touch the holder things. Maybe its an arm length thing / seating position. On 3 bars it usually takes 100 baht of 95 to fill up. Acceleration on the click is really good, I'm often quickest away at traffic lights, no need to be any faster. Maybe on an older click it isn't the same.
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe its an arm length thing / seating position

when you have a girl on the back every time you break you get a little closer. Driving solo is a much better experience for sure which I need to do more of.

Found somewhere Click is 50k new with 58.8km/L and extra 0.9L fuel tank (5.5L) (cheaper, more fuel efficient, longer range) and as you said 125cc is still better than average but still don't think you will find a more fun bike for 64k :)

On 19/02/2018 at 11:52 AM, papa al said:

Thanks for clarifying that.

;-)

It's as easy to hook cables as the old one but you can no longer loop them through the passenger grab handles because they are integrated into the bodywork on the Aerox 

You can still hook them onto the holes in the undercarriage, each side above the rear wheel 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbob said:

when you have a girl on the back every time you break you get a little closer. Driving solo is a much better experience for sure which I need to do more of.

Found somewhere Click is 50k new with 58.8km/L and extra 0.9L fuel tank (5.5L) (cheaper, more fuel efficient, longer range) and as you said 125cc is still better than average but still don't think you will find a more fun bike for 64k :)

I bought the R version a couple of months ago and I love it

Some days I do 100km on it around town

It's not as frugal as the click on gas but then again I ride it like I stole it but if you didn't do that the gas consumption would be probably fairly similar.... 

If you weigh 50-60kg maybe there isn't much difference but I'm about 90kg  and it pulls me with or without a passenger up hills way better than a click 125

As mentioned, great for those dangerous situations like making a uturn when you need a blast of acceleration to get to safety.... 

Worth every penny gentlemen! And I still have  my Nouvo sx I haven't bothered to sell it 

• Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 10:49 AM, robblok said:

Got the aerox and have some PCX mirrors on it. It makes the bike a bit wider but the extra visability is great. I am quite happy with my aerox R model. 

What i found a bit strange though was that the top speed was almost the same for one passenger and 2 passengers. I had expected more of a difference there. 

I like that the bike has a lot of storage, now waiting for the hook to arrive to make it even more convenient.

Do you have a link to order the hook? 

1 minute ago, speedtripler said:

Do you have a link to order the hook? 

Actually i just got it at the local shop, where i bought the bike. It was one of the options you could get. I believe it was a bit under 500 bt (bought hand guards too) and the total was 1700bt they gave me some discount. Not sure why but that shop never seems to rip me off and always does good work.

If you have the book of the Aerox (the advertisement folder) you can see the hook and order it at the shop.

9 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I bought the R version a couple of months ago and I love it

Some days I do 100km on it around town

It's not as frugal as the click on gas but then again I ride it like I stole it but if you didn't do that the gas consumption would be probably fairly similar.... 

If you weigh 50-60kg maybe there isn't much difference but I'm about 90kg  and it pulls me with or without a passenger up hills way better than a click 125

As mentioned, great for those dangerous situations like making a uturn when you need a blast of acceleration to get to safety.... 

Worth every penny gentlemen! And I still have  my Nouvo sx I haven't bothered to sell it 

Yes the click is probably better for fuel, but like you i ride it hard and fast so I don't care much about fuel. Still its a 155 and click 125 so it stands to reason the 125 would be more fuel efficient always. 

I really like that its relatively fast (was riding a ninja 650 before so its all relative). Its faster then my old nouvo that i sold.