Cheap Charlie Farangs that expect service but do not want to pay

cyberfarang

I think he was talking about not paying fare, not the hospital bill.

I read it a couple of times and I think he meant they were not paying the hospital bill - but you could be right. I'm not 100% sure.

I know of one case like that in Chiang Mai, but only one. A distraught farang in our neighborhood lit his hair on fire in what was either an inept suicide attempt or an attempt to scare his wife, was taken to Chiang Mai Ram hospital for treatment of minor burns, and then ran away from the hospital rather than paying.

I've noticed many farangs having selling up and moving sales on Facebook.
Couple this with the 25% or more devaluation in the £ to THB. Not sure how the dollar is doing but it's definitely worth less now than it was a few years ago.

I can believe it is happening, perhaps the frequency is over stated.

The taxi man will remember and talk of the one that did a runner for a long time.

I have less THB in my pocket than 2 years ago but I adapt & adjust, not steal and defraud.

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect.

• Like 1

Only saw this once....At the riverside Dukes.....

Older farang (EU accent), single diner - 1100B bill...Stood at the counter and loudly complained about his food, the quality, quantity, unwrapping & checking everything in his take home bags and complaining about it.....Just haranguing & hassling the help (3) and purposely annoying everyone around.....

I was at the closest table and was just about to tell him to pipe down and pay his bill - - just as he paid it.....Something out of character for me but it was about a 10 minute long disturbance and it was ruining our meal....

I asked the head waitress after & she said they reduced the bill to 900B but he still wanted more but finally settled up.....

She also added that he did this every time....

It's a pretty safe bet he did this where ever he went.....

It was really a pretty ugly performance to watch and sit through.....Miserable sot....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

There's so many cheap charlie farangs in Thailand .....   They expect 5 star service for a three star price .....  

That's why I don't drink with farang ....    they are cheap.  !!

Not only many but too too many...:passifier:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Only saw this once....At the riverside Dukes.....

Older farang (EU accent), single diner - 1100B bill...Stood at the counter and loudly complained about his food, the quality, quantity, unwrapping & checking everything in his take home bags and complaining about it.....Just haranguing & hassling the help (3) and purposely annoying everyone around.....

I was at the closest table and was just about to tell him to pipe down and pay his bill - - just as he paid it.....Something out of character for me but it was about a 10 minute long disturbance and it was ruining our meal....

I asked the head waitress after & she said they reduced the bill to 900B but he still wanted more but finally settled up.....

She also added that he did this every time....

It's a pretty safe bet he did this where ever he went.....

It was really a pretty ugly performance to watch and sit through.....Miserable sot....

he's going to try that on one too many times one day and pay for it dearly.

at a guess he will go to the toilet and ....   ---- police report --- suicide .

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Ops examples are extreme, I've not heard of them before, I've heard of Indians having massages then only wanting to pay discounted prices after. I've witnessed that myself. Unbelievable almost. It was actually quite amusing, Indian fella said "we not come back if we not get discount" massage lady said " we not want you come back, just pay" funny

As for tipping, what we need is employers to pay a decent wage and not shirk their responsibilities in trying to get customers to pay.

Indian guests in Thailand at 4 and 5 Star hotel spas are notorious for trying to get the price down after the spa treatments.

22 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

It's often funny to read articles like this and the experts advising ....

The cost of a songthaew ride is B40 per person each way to/from Doi Suthep. They depart from Huay Kaew Road near the Zoo.  

The ride back into town is B20 per person.  

I do think that your prices are a bit out of date , its 80 Baht from the Zoo to Doi Suthep one way and its a minimum of 30 Baht, back into town (from the zoo)

• Thanks 1