Video: Man in a suit tries to teach motorcyclist a lesson in Bangkok street fight!

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Kunjay said:

Stylish guy in the suit all bluff with his obviousy trained shape up style and leg kick until he realised the big guy wasn't going anywhere and was prepared to get in the trenches with him. He smartly and conciously found away out of the fight whilst saving his dignity lol

Yeah, and then suddenly he's sucking air too.  Good time to bow out.

3 hours ago, kingkenny said:

My understanding is the guy in the suit, or the quitter as I know call him, is part of a private security company with links to the top.

The fat lad was always in control of that and as someone else mentions first chance the suit guy got he started pointing and wanted to end the fight.

I think the man in the suit fancies he is a Muay Thai  man and when he encounters someone with a decent punch he is left up a creek without a paddle.  Still, both walked away without much of a scratch so just a bit of fun.

According to the Mrs. (didn't bother looking it up), them "netizens" allege that Fancy Suit is an embassy (Finland?) guard and an army veteran, while Fatty Bottom is the younger brother of a "mafia boss" controlling the local motorcycle taxis.

2 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Ah yes - of course nobody in Europe or America has ever been seen fighting in the street.

shooting, stabbing, throwing acid, glassing people in pubs, rape, but you're right, not actually street fighting that is so 80's,Thai's are a little behind the curve but they will catch up. :sorry:

8 hours ago, canuckamuck said:
9 hours ago, petedk said:

Nice to see a one on one for a change.

I was thinking the same thing. Quite refreshing to see a fair fight. 

Fair fights are for suckers.  Show me a military guy who wants to go into a fair fight and I'll show you a military guy who needs to be fired.  The only objective of a justified fight is to win- protecting you and your loved ones from harm or loss.

Only suckers put up their dukes to prove their manhood.

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Fair fights are for suckers.  Show me a military guy who wants to go into a fair fight and I'll show you a military guy who needs to be fired.  The only objective of a justified fight is to win- protecting you and your loved ones from harm or loss.

Only suckers put up their dukes to prove their manhood.

So if you found yourself in a dust up, would you feel it justified that the other guys friends joined in. I mean you wouldn't want to fight with no sucker.

8 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

So if you found yourself in a dust up, would you feel it justified that the other guys friends joined in. I mean you wouldn't want to fight with no sucker.

Strange that in 40+ years walking the planet as an adult, I've never found myself in a dust up.  While some of my much tougher oilfield co-workers seem to get accosted out of the blue on a regular basis.  Never their fault, mind you.

In your scenario, I'd be the sucker, unless I had some friends around.  And since the fight wouldn't have been caused by me, I wouldn't hesitate to call in my buddies, or pick up a steel pipe, or run away.  Where I grew up, the only acceptable excuse for being in a fight was to defend myself and my siblings.  And if I'm defending myself or my loved ones, I'm not going to be a sucker and fight fair to prove my manhood. My only objective will be to protect what's mine.  By running like a little girl if that's what's called for.  Or calling in my buddies, or picking up a weapon.

Neither guy in the OP needed to fight.  They were both suckers.

At 27 secs in the clip, before the main fight begins, you can see the guy in the purple teeshirt ride up alongside the suited guy, lean over and punch him in the head. The suited guy then gives chase on his motorbike and the fight ensues.
Apparently the Thai press has identified the suited guy as a former 'tahan nuayrop piset' lit. a special combat unit soldier. Not sure how you'd translate that in English. Maybe SAS or Navy Seal. He's now working at the Finland Embassy in BKK.

jason_statham.jpg
teletubby.jpg

Edited by katana

If this had been a foreigner ................... it would have more people arriving by the minute! ...... However, it's a Thai v Thai. It just proves a point that foreigners aren't liked at all here & they just seem to take every opportunity to have a "pop" at us. What's your take on the situation here??

21 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I saw some comments on social media from some Thai friends. They were laughing at the two protagonists and saying things like "let us know who wins 555". They regarded them as idiots.

what do your "friends" say when they see the video of the obviously non thai family being attacked in the street by multiple thai combatants?

yes, being idiots is one thing, but the question is would such a confrontation remain 1 on 1 were one of those combatants non thai? or would we see the swarm phenomena?