• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

Bernardo  and Zinchenko  starring again. Bernardo our Player of the Season till now for me. Zinchenko looking our best fullback  these past few games (i would have retained Danilo yesterday as he was excellent vs WHU and when was the last time Walker was excellent?).

Strangest news of the day: Mangala signs 1 year extension  till 2020. He's  still coming back from that bad injury  he got on loan  at Everton so can only assume the extension  is to give us time to shift him and get some decent  money back.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Manchester City facing Champions League ban as new leaks reveal how they 'got around UEFA rules' to allegedly beat Financial Fair Play

New tranche of leaked emails from German magazine Der Spiegel have emerged

The latest provide details on how Man City allegedly got around UEFA rules 

They could also face FA inquiry over the ownership of a player, Bruno Zuculini

The FA have noted: 'We are aware of the allegations and will consider them'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6764643/City-face-CL-ban-new-leaks-reveal-got-UEFA-rules.html

But the most serious outcome for City would be a Champions League ban, which would affect their ability to recruit players and to balance their books without additional funding from their owner, Sheik Mansour, which is not allowed by UEFA rules.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:36 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

IAt just £7.5m per season it was well behind ManU's £20m (AON), Liverpool's £20m (Standard  Chartered), Spurs £12.5m (Autonomy and Investec), Chelsea's £10m (Samsung) and probably represented a good deal for Etihad. The name of sponsorship is publicity and Etihad have certainly got plenty of that through their sponsorship.

I don't know your mentioning those other clubs. City finished 10th in 2009. 

There's a lot more to read in the article below, but I'd just like to pick out this particular paragraph:

"City are already being investigated by UEFA after leaked emails last November appeared to show how they used direct funding from Abu Dhabi United Group, the investment fund owned by Sheik Mansour to supplement sponsorship deals."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6764643/City-face-CL-ban-new-leaks-reveal-got-UEFA-rules.html

• Like 1