The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

57 minutes ago, polpott said:

VDB got some stick for his last performanc but I saw the game as VDB looking lost and not knowing his place early in the game. However, in the last 20 minutes he looked class and made a real contribution. Just needs game time. If Pogba starts playing up again I'd be happy to kick him into the long grass and play VDB in his place. Potentially more of a team player.

Its a problem in several positions, players who have serious potential but not getting game time. I know this is unpopular, but the biggest dilemma is Henderson. needs first team starts but can't leave De Gea out in his current form. For me, Henderson is England's No:1. Played great at Sheffield last season, maybe they should have left him there for another season.

DDG is on form and I think that has something to do with him looking over his shoulder at Henderson. Henderson's most important role may be to keep DDG on his toes.

You can only play XI. Some players not getting game time is a good symptom.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think you'll scrape out of being in the relegation scrap

Cue the Pochettino rumors. Seven points out of six EPL matches and zero goals in the last two. A goal differential of -4. Woody will be pondering.

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Cue the Pochettino rumors. Seven points out of six EPL matches and zero goals in the last two. A goal differential of -4. Woody will be pondering.

I'm just listening to Schmeicheal on BEin and he says well United are still rebuilding. I've never heard such tosh. Every team are constantly  changing and rebuilding

• Haha 2

I represent everything yiddo on this forum.

Effervescence.....style and an attacking mentality.

You'll find the chavs never leave their own thread in case they might concede and the goons never say anything.

Oh but wait....I'm talking to a deluded Man Yoo nutcase....you probably think you're still relevant in a non Benficaesque fashion.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm just listening to Schmeicheal on BEin and he says well United are still rebuilding. I've never heard such tosh. Every team are constantly  changing and rebuilding

That's poor punditry and i agree. Glad I was watching Keano get angry with Tim Cahill on Sky Sports instead.

The previous 3 results suggest we can be a good team. Unfortunately we have one player who throws the balance of the team every time he plays and is a liability in most positions. Time to get rid in Jan.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

The previous 3 results suggest we can be a good team. Unfortunately we have one player who throws the balance of the team every time he plays and is a liability in most positions. Time to get rid in Jan.

Yes but who wants Maguire?

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

United will do nothing with Solskjaer. I like him but he never should have got the job  - the new manager bounce in his first 15 games led to an easy way out for the board which has proved to be the wrong decision. He's never done anything in his managerial career and now he's doing nothing at United.

The team look clueless. All they can do is counter attack but against teams that sit back you really see they have no shape and no real style of play. They need an experienced manager. Someone like Anchelotti, Klopp. Even Brendan Rogers would improve them hugely.

Solskjaer really looks out of his depth and looks like he's trying to impersonate Ferguson in post match interviews. "The boy did well", "The United way" etc. Keane was right the other night, they are miles off and there are way too many players in the team who don't have the right mentality. Pogba and Lingard are the most obvious examples but there are half a dozen that need to go. They can forget top 4 this season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

United will do nothing with Solskjaer. I like him but he never should have got the job  - the new manager bounce in his first 15 games led to an easy way out for the board which has proved to be the wrong decision. He's never done anything in his managerial career and now he's doing nothing at United.

The team look clueless. All they can do is counter attack but against teams that sit back you really see they have no shape and no real style of play. They need an experienced manager. Someone like Anchelotti, Klopp. Even Brendan Rogers would improve them hugely.

Solskjaer really looks out of his depth and looks like he's trying to impersonate Ferguson in post match interviews. "The boy did well", "The United way" etc. Keane was right the other night, they are miles off and there are way too many players in the team who don't have the right mentality. Pogba and Lingard are the most obvious examples but there are half a dozen that need to go. They can forget top 4 this season. 

On your bike Jonny! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Would that be years of underachievement and false dawns?

Attacking flair and and style...oh and getting better with each passing season.

I wonder if you'll be in the bottom three by Xmas with your clown at the wheel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Attacking flair and and style...oh and getting better with each passing season.

I wonder if you'll be in the bottom three by Xmas with your clown at the wheel.

We'er going for a new record this season, the only team to win the CL and get relegated in the same season,then the Glazers only have to pay the players 50% salary next season then we'll bounce back and win the Championship league because we've not won that yet

• Haha 1