The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Yes back on track....Hazard...sorry Pulisic was excellent Kante,Kovacic everywhere that matters and Dave was very good but understandably tired in the last 15 minutes....Mason as usual 1st to get a foot in,love the lad. Thought Kepa should have come for that cross for there goal but he did make amends with a save near the end. Thought the Referee as usual was thuccking useless.....i know i,ll let everything go then i,ll book someone for a nothing challenge.....they are all <deleted>tt.

Onwards and upwards for us.:thumbsup:.

Kovacic and Kante, in his slightly deeper role, were top class. The extra pace and energy these two provided was great to see No room for passengers in this game as Villa are a energetic, pressing outfit so everybody had to be on form, which fortunately we were.

49 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Transfer ban and fine halved after appeal. You can now buy in january should you wish. But I wouldn't bother if i was Chelsea

They have some of the best young attacking talent in the EPL. Maybe a right back and a centre-back?

7 minutes ago, oldgit said:

A goalkeeper would be at the top of my list. 

He's that bad is he OG? It will be interesting to see what Frankie's take is on the Kepa situation.

As an aside y'all sure got rid of Luiz at the right time.

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

He's that bad is he OG? It will be interesting to see what Frankie's take is on the Kepa situation.

As an aside y'all sure got rid of Luiz at the right time.

I'm sure, in time, he will fulfill his potential, but let him do it somewhere else, maybe on loan to a club in Spain or Portugal. He's actually 6 foot 1 inch but looks about 5 foot when those crosses come in. We need a confident, dominant 'keeper who patrols his six yard box with confidence and instills the same confidence to the defence.

If there is a deep rooted problem with Emerson,then we need a left back imo, Dave cant play there week in week out. Giroud Pedro and Alonso are all surplus,we have Ampadu, Conor Gallagher & Dujon Sterling to recall plus possible 3rd choice striker with Ike Ugbo...I think on the whole we are okay.

My pick of the crop would be Pedro out . Zaha in

Giroud most certainly to go and  to 

a lesser degree. Alonso

who replaces them  leave that to Lamps and Co

As  for goal keeper Kepa .sure that Lamps .

will not let him go .as his squad are presently running  a very creditable fourth and to bring in a new Goal Keeper would be absoulately crazy. just as crazy as the member who suggested a on loan period to the end of the season etc etc 

Now thats about dumb as they come 

Lamps is savvy enuff to wait to the end of the season for a new goal keeper if needed

My view is Kepa has performed OK   under ( at times) a flimsy back four

which is Cseas achilles heel particular crosses  coming in and  too many times during a match

Go The Chelsea Babes

Edited by deej

21 minutes ago, deej said:

My pick of the crop would be Pedro out . Zaha in

Giroud most certainly to go and  to 

a lesser degree. Alonso

who replaces them  leave that to Lamps and Co

As  for goal keeper Kepa .sure that Lamps .

will not let him go .as his squad are presently running  a very creditable fourth and to bring in a new Goal Keeper would be absoulately crazy. just as crazy as the member who suggested a on loan period to the end of the season etc etc 

Now thats about dumb as they come 

Lamps is savvy enuff to wait to the end of the season for a new goal keeper if needed

My view is Kepa has performed OK   under ( at times) a flimsy back four

which is Cseas achilles heel particular crosses  coming in and  too many times during a match

Go The Chelsea Babes

Zaha? No thanks. He's doesn't perform in too many games.

• Thanks 1

Zaha is a big fish in a little pond in terms of natural talent. 
He stands out more and gets more attention because of this. If he had been playing for Chelsea he wouldn't get half the attention because they already have more than their share of Zaha’s. 

• Like 2

Apart from James ..Diabolical defending from the back 4 against the toffees who were fired up particularly by that early goal

as i posted yday and at least 6 weeks ago is Csea.s poor defence is their achilles heel.

Lamps will never pair Zouma and Christenen in central defence again 

or perhaps both not to start ever again .Rudi (if fit)and Timori (why Lamps chose Christenen over him is a mystery to me) would be be my picks to unravel this  slow thinking defence out and a decent C/B bought in the next TF window.

Kolovic was Chelsea.s man of the match IMO and proving to be a top notch midfeilder.

Summing up . Lamps honeymoon is over. and am sure he will find a answer (particular defence) to keep us in the top 4.

PS 

No leader on the pitch is also a big worry  is my call too

Edited by deej

Ofcourse, now that that nasty, 'orrible Mr. Silva who tweated the Everton players so horribly and was nasty to them and upset them soooooo much, has gone, and now that Big Dunc is in charge, the players decided to put in a shift for once instead of sulking and hiding. If I was an Everton fan, I'd have gone down the local market, gathered up as much rotten fruit and vegetables as I could muster, and let them have it at the final whistle. F*****g tarts.

Chelsea? Nothing wrong with our midfield and attack who were lively throughout, it's our defence that is Frank's big headache. The sooner Rudiger is back the better. Even if it takes a few matches for him to get match fit, get him in post haste to marshal and bully the back four and that frightened rabbit of a goalkeeper we've got. For the world's most expensive goalkeeper, he likes the feel of the goal line under his boots too much for my liking. Petr, put in a bit of overtime on top of your usual job and sort that c**t out.

Rub of the green for me,never a 3-1 defeat but that,s life. Christensen can be accused of being a little weak in the air, Dave has had better games and at times we just overplayed it.  8 players in there box nearly every time we went forward and bounce deflections ball control everything went there way in there box and went there way in our box.....sucks.

No dramas...if we were outplayed then cause for concern, but that was not the case.

• Like 1

A much improved performance with Rudiger, Emmerson and Jorginho back in the side and with a point to prove. All made their case to Frank emphatically. Two goals but it should have been more with Willian, Pulisic and Abraham causing all sorts of problems for their defence. Some sloppy passing in midfield allowed them back into the game but it was a comfortable win.

Pleased that Lamps Babes. progressed through to the last 16 .from a very tricky group and icing on the cake that Rudi is back ????

Now sign Nathan Ake in the next window (40 mil is a mere snip) which will add more stability to our defence 

Go 4 it Lamps . Ake is your man????

46 minutes ago, deej said:

Pleased that Lamps Babes. progressed through to the last 16 .from a very tricky group and icing on the cake that Rudi is back ????

Now sign Nathan Ake in the next window (40 mil is a mere snip) which will add more stability to our defence 

Go 4 it Lamps . Ake is your man????

I agree mate. But I doubt you'll get him that cheaply as you'll probably be in an auction with Citeh....unless you have a sell back clause?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deej said:

Sell back clause 40 mil????(can certainly be corrected)

from memory ,we unloaded him  for  20  mil 

Will fit the bill as he can play C/B too 

Is Ake worth paying 40 mill for? Is he a very good defender playing in a very bad Team/defence?