Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

13 hours ago, Thechook said:

Kobe Stevens (Dogs) and the nephew Jack Steele (GWS) aren't sealed as yet.  They both want to go to St Kilda but at the moment the saints have nothing to offer apart from pick 10.  

See you have Jack Steel, he is a real good pick up for the Sainters.

IMO, Koby Stevens is a list clogger.

Looking good for the Saints next year with Steele, Carlisle and a fit Paddy McCartin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BookMan said:

Norths complaining they 'only' got pick #33 in compensation for Wells leaving..

Seems more than fair...Wells is at the end of his career..3 more years if you can believe Collingwood...

Teams don't deserve high compensation for a player almost in retirement...

I would have thought pick 50+ was appropriate...

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2016-north-melbourne-upset-at-daniel-wells-compensation-20161013-gs1v5b.html

I don't know how exactly compensation is worked out but I know the players age and contract are factored in.

There are some real strange outcomes though.

I reckon there shouldn't be any compensation. It's not  ''free" agency if you get compensated IMO.

Looks like the Cam McCarthy effect is starting to gain momemtum..

++++++++++

COLLINGWOOD defender Jonathon Marsh has requested a trade back to his home state of Western Australia.

Marsh, 20, told the Magpies that he wants to be closer to family and friends.

He is contracted until the end of next season.

The Magpies said in a club statement: "Collingwood has been, and will continue to be, in contact with Jonathon and his family and will make certain Jonathon’s health and wellbeing are best served."

It is understood Marsh had not had any contact with the two West Australian clubs prior to making his decision.

AFL.com.au understands that Marsh's management contacted West Coast on Thursday afternoon to inform the club that Marsh was keen to return home.

West Coast's list management team will look at Marsh but the Eagles are well stocked for tall defenders with Jeremy McGovern, Tom Barrass and Will Schofield all keeping 2014 best and fairest Eric Mackenzie out of the team in the second half of this season.

Mackenzie is contracted for 2017 and a required player at the Eagles. However, unrestricted free agent Mitch Brown has indicated to the Eagles that he is keen to find a new home with a Victorian club.

Marsh played 15 matches for the Pies, 10 of them this season, since being drafted at No.77 in 2013.

His elder brother Harry plays at the Sydney Swans.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-13/magpie-jonathon-marsh-requests-trade-home-to-wa

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

And the trend continues.

Not really interested in Marsh but would love to get hold of Marcus Adams.

It's getting a bit silly now... If the AFL dont come up with a better solution , next year will see another doubling of 'personal' reasons to go home...

The near future will see players being drafted with every intention of returning home after 2 years because they are 'homesick' or 'personal reasons' or 'parents/sister/cousin/sick and need caring'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

AFL trade week shock: West Coast target Roos ruckman Todd Goldstein to replace Nic Naitanui

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles/afl-trade-week-shock-is-roos-ruckman-todd-goldstein-heading-to-west-coast-20161014-gs2gd7.html

Doesn't seem to be much substance to this one.

1. 3AW Sports Today ‏@3AWSportsToday 47m47 minutes ago

Craig Vozzo re: Goldstein: "We rate him very highly. Unfortunately we're not in a position to do anything there, it's just gossip"

North Scott's is on borrowed time...and the brother over at the Cats will need to pull it off super pronto with all the $uper talent there pulling in...

Hmmmm Hawthorn rocking the boat Lewis almost and worse off we wanted him....good player  but at 30 he wont be around long enough if we to actually get to play in GF again anytime soon...

Well time has come that players are turning the tables I'm sure this isn't the end of it...Clarkson was happy to move on his B&F, if i were Lewis id want out no matter what Alice says, rather a poor showing at Glenferie which has been relocated out to Arctic park which is officially known as Waverly Park...

Yep Mr Buckly is walking a fine line...tight rope me thinks, after a number of years of clubs overlooking experienced players all of a sudden there in vogue...you know they cant get any better so there is only one place for them to go and thats downhill so unless your right on the money for a flag tilt it doesn't make sense to grab a 34 year old WILL....

Rumours to  dwell on over the weekend that ARE NOT GOING AWAY AS OF LATE FRIDAY...Goldstein apparently has had a medical in Perth, under contract North could let him go for a first round pick and it make sense as they do have Black Magic who is young and needs games under his belt. The Lewis one isn't going away either, Dee's havent given up getting him to the G, Lew made the call to gauge interest and theres a lot of it, former team mate Lake says he should go to prolong his career he thinks he will ask for a trade...  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

North Scott's is on borrowed time...and the brother over at the Cats will need to pull it off super pronto with all the $uper talent there pulling in...

Hmmmm Hawthorn rocking the boat Lewis almost and worse off we wanted him....good player  but at 30 he wont be around long enough if we to actually get to play in GF again anytime soon...

Well time has come that players are turning the tables I'm sure this isn't the end of it...Clarkson was happy to move on his B&F, if i were Lewis id want out no matter what Alice says, rather a poor showing at Glenferie which has been relocated out to Arctic park which is officially known as Waverly Park...

Yep Mr Buckly is walking a fine line...tight rope me thinks, after a number of years of clubs overlooking experienced players all of a sudden there in vogue...you know they cant get any better so there is only one place for them to go and thats downhill so unless your right on the money for a flag tilt it doesn't make sense to grab a 34 year old WILL....

Rumours to  dwell on over the weekend that ARE NOT GOING AWAY AS OF LATE FRIDAY...Goldstein apparently has had a medical in Perth, under contract North could let him go for a first round pick and it make sense as they do have Black Magic who is young and needs games under his belt. The Lewis one isn't going away either, Dee's havent given up getting him to the G, Lew made the call to gauge interest and theres a lot of it, former team mate Lake says he should go to prolong his career he thinks he will ask for a trade...  

Yep, Norf have been extremely quiet so far in the trading period. I can see both them and Richmond finishing bottom 5 this year with Hardwick

to get the flick midseason or by the end of the year.

Seeing as we got a current B&F winner for what amounts to pick 88, I'll take that every day of the year. What this guy will bring to the team and club

will be enormous.

Yep, some strange happenings at Hawthorn. Their list manager said the transfer of Mitchell had nothing to do with salary cap problems.

Begs the question why then?

Heard Lewis earlier on in the year talking about bringing in new players who would be the highest paid at the club wouldn't be appreciated

by a lot of the veterans who had taken pay cuts to keep the band together. Maybe he's annoyed that Mitchell's moved on and possible few more to get JOM?

I'm not sure. I reckon the Demons should make a huge play for Lewis. Will get 2 to 3 good years out of him methinks.

Posted earlier about Goldsteins links to WC. Don't think there's anything to it. He would be on big coin and when NN is up and about, I don't

think we'd need him. Better off chasing another midfielder.

Goldstein apparently has some personal/married problems and it was rumoured he wanted to leave Victoria.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yep, Norf have been extremely quiet so far in the trading period. I can see both them and Richmond finishing bottom 5 this year with Hardwick

Seeing as we got a current B&F winner for what amounts to pick 88, I'll take that every day of the year. What this guy will bring to the team and club

will be enormous.

Yep, some strange happenings at Hawthorn. Their list manager said the transfer of Mitchell had nothing to do with salary cap problems.

Heard Lewis earlier on in the year talking about bringing in new players who would be the highest paid at the club wouldn't be appreciated

by a lot of the veterans who had taken pay cuts to keep the band together. Maybe he's annoyed that Mitchell's moved on and possible few more to get JOM?

I'm not sure. I reckon the Demons should make a huge play for Lewis. Will get 2 to 3 good years out of him methinks.

Posted earlier about Goldsteins links to WC. Don't think there's anything to it. He would be on big coin and when NN is up and about, I don't

Goldstein apparently has some personal/married problems and it was rumoured he wanted to leave Victoria.

Vardy had a medical and discussing with Minson and Petrie... No interest in Goldstein or Lobbe..

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

will be enormous.

The Lewis affair isn't going away, he's nose is out of joint other wise why would he or his manger after talks with the coach decided to contact another club?

Yep its filler season but so far the Gibbs rumour has proven correct even after he came out and said he did not want to return to SA....

I wouldn't discount rumours this year lot of shaking the tree going on with Hawks Cats and Pies in particular .....

Pies are in survival mode for the great Bucks, the other 2 are playing the system to there advantage, like i been saying for years if your seen a winner you get all the cream, never the less shunting the favored to bring in hired guns is creating a new system, they dont want the drop to go back to rebuild Swans seem to have it right the Cats and Hawks are on a mission to oblivion.

• Like 2

And in todays "News.com" 

JORDAN LEWIS OFFERED DEMONS DEAL

MELBOURNE has tempted Jordan Lewis with an enticing three-year contract to in an attempt secure the 30-year-old Hawks gun.

Lewis made his intentions of moving to Melbourne loud and clear last week, but Hawthorn was adamant in blocking the move.

Liam Pickering, Lewis’ manager, was impressed with his professionalism and maturity throughout the rocky period, saying he was not “filthy or angry” with Hawthorn attempting to snuff out his plans of shifting clubs.

Note! Dee's have offered him a 3 year deal.....now what happened to the days when you couldn't ummm talk to the player if he was under contract without permission?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

And in todays "News.com" 

JORDAN LEWIS OFFERED DEMONS DEAL

MELBOURNE has tempted Jordan Lewis with an enticing three-year contract to in an attempt secure the 30-year-old Hawks gun.

Lewis made his intentions of moving to Melbourne loud and clear last week, but Hawthorn was adamant in blocking the move.

Liam Pickering, Lewis’ manager, was impressed with his professionalism and maturity throughout the rocky period, saying he was not “filthy or angry” with Hawthorn attempting to snuff out his plans of shifting clubs.

Note! Dee's have offered him a 3 year deal.....now what happened to the days when you couldn't ummm talk to the player if he was under contract without permission?

They will say they didn't talk to him, they talked to his manager:P

I don't know the rules and protocol these days, but like Scott Pendlbury said last week,

contracts mean nothing these days.

• Like 2

MONDAY morning and top of the sports page is.....Jordan Lewis is expected to repeat his request for a trade to the Demons, not going away WILL.....Hawks in disarray i think...3 year deal is on the table from the Dee's, Lewis as late as friday in his last conversation with the Demons still wanted to make the move on the deal that was decided prior to the Hawks deciding to keep the veteran...What we didn't know before is Dee's and Hawks had already agreed on terms for a trade....

Hawks of course dont want him to go now, may depend on the sweeter the Dee's can come up with, the question asked is can the Hawks keep a disgruntled vice Capitan in the team who has just 1 year left on a contract.....i dont think so, only way out would be for them to offer a new longer term contract to match  the Dee's...and make him captain...

WILL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>we gonna get him.....im not so excited due to his age etc but i am excited to be able to pull one over one of the leading pillaging clubs open slather attitude against the rest of us.....here we goo here we goo....

2 days to go to get Lewis, Gibbs and Deledio over the line...what too do what to do???

Meanwhile North will pick up Paul "who" Ahern from the Giants......

Blues and North in the hunt for Dogs Nathan Hrovat....

No intrest in Lions Rockliff as of yet will some one want him...a birdie says a way out west club is in need indeed.....

The heat is on....im tipping all three major players Lewis, Gibbs and Deledio will move to new clubs....

ps, Suns made a play for Lewis also but were immediately rebuffed by Hawk officials saying talks were to advanced with the Dee's to be swayed to move north........i rest my case...he's coming.....Hawks have f***ed up.....

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

MONDAY morning and top of the sports page is.....Jordan Lewis is expected to repeat his request for a trade to the Demons, not going away WILL.....Hawks in disarray i think...3 year deal is on the table from the Dee's, Lewis as late as friday in his last conversation with the Demons still wanted to make the move on the deal that was decided prior to the Hawks deciding to keep the veteran...What we didn't know before is Dee's and Hawks had already agreed on terms for a trade....

Hawks of course dont want him to go now, may depend on the sweeter the Dee's can come up with, the question asked is can the Hawks keep a disgruntled vice Capitan in the team who has just 1 year left on a contract.....i dont think so, only way out would be for them to offer a new longer term contract to match  the Dee's...and make him captain...

WILL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>we gonna get him.....im not so excited due to his age etc but i am excited to be able to pull one over one of the leading pillaging clubs open slather attitude against the rest of us.....here we goo here we goo....

2 days to go to get Lewis, Gibbs and Deledio over the line...what too do what to do???

Meanwhile North will pick up Paul "who" Ahern from the Giants......

Blues and North in the hunt for Dogs Nathan Hrovat....

No intrest in Lions Rockliff as of yet will some one want him...a birdie says a way out west club is in need indeed.....

The heat is on....im tipping all three major players Lewis, Gibbs and Deledio will move to new clubs....

ps, Suns made a play for Lewis also but were immediately rebuffed by Hawk officials saying talks were to advanced with the Dee's to be swayed to move north........i rest my case...he's coming.....Hawks have f***ed up.....

Paul who is right.

Had a knee reconstruction this year and from what I can gather, won't play next year.

Didn't cost a lot at pick 69 but you'd think Norf will want something for next year.

Anyway, this will trade farmerjo:P

BTW, if anyone wants a copy of Dane swan's ebook, let me know via a PM.

I thought it was a decent read. He's probably the last one of his breed left.

• Like 2

Doubtful WILLIAM.....deal is done LEWIS a DEE....Hawks screwed up big time....and we get him cheap....they loose there top 2 B&F in a matter of days and for next to nothing....

here we go here we go go goooooo.....imagin someone has pulled it off over one of these leaches....

Meanwhile Who Ahern will put a smile on FarmerJo he is now one of your boys..throw away some veterans and trade in Who?

All is quite on WCE ruck prospect mr Drew Petire.......leaving WILL in suspense....we have a vacant membership for you over here fella trade the blue and gold for the red and navy and join the strength....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Found this in the Trading Post earlier in the "Free to Good Home" section...

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-10-17/richards-requests-trade

I wonder how much Sydney offered him?

he wasn't much chop at all...It was only pure desperation that made Sydney play him u front as an alternative option presenting to take heat off Buddy..

I'd much rather keep Dean Towers...or re-sign Heeney for 5 years.

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Doubtful WILLIAM.....deal is done LEWIS a DEE....Hawks screwed up big time....and we get him cheap....they loose there top 2 B&F in a matter of days and for next to nothing....

here we go here we go go goooooo.....imagin someone has pulled it off over one of these leaches....

Meanwhile Who Ahern will put a smile on FarmerJo he is now one of your boys..throw away some veterans and trade in Who?

All is quite on WCE ruck prospect mr Drew Petire.......leaving WILL in suspense....we have a vacant membership for you over here fella trade the blue and gold for the red and navy and join the strength....

Its a coup for Melbourne and offering 3 years is the way to go...Teams do have to move on older players fo ryouth, but then Hawks bring in Vickery, Tommy Tradebait Mitchell and attempting for Jaeger O meara...all on top dollar..
O'Mearea hasnt played for 2 years <deleted>!!  Tommy tradebait can't kick straight...Vickery is just a goose..

And then the  Hawks tell their existing top players "Oh, sorry, Can you take less money again upfront (ignoring the cash behind the  scenes), so we can get these potato heads into out club??

Hawthorn offering Vickery 500k a year and now the AFL twice asking to see contract details...  I'm telling ya all!  Hawks are going to be done for salary cap rorting..

++++++++++++++

AFL quizzes Hawthorn for a second time over Vickery deal

HAWTHORN has been quizzed by the AFL for a second time about the circumstances behind free agent Ty Vickery's move to Waverley amid opposition disquiet about how the Hawks' offer was structured. 

Any club that makes a free agency or trade offer is routinely questioned about the terms of the deal when it lodges it with the AFL.

The Hawks lodged a two-year deal for Vickery believed to be worth about $1 million a week ago, but were called into League headquarters again on Monday morning when AFL officials questioned them once more about the mechanics of the Vickery deal. 

Despite earlier speculation Richmond might match a Hawthorn offer to the restricted free agent, the Tigers let Vickery pass to the Hawks without any fight after being advised the spearhead's lucrative new deal would earn them a second-round compensation pick (currently No.27). 

Key dates for the NAB AFL Trade Period

Rival clubs have privately expressed concerns about whether the Vickery deal was structured to ensure the spearhead got to Waverley and Richmond was compensated with an attractive pick. 

The Hawks were linked to Vickery late in the 2016 season and industry sources initially believed they were considering tabling a three-year offer that was expected to earn Richmond an end-of-second or third-round pick.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-17/afl-quizzes-hawthorn-for-a-second-time-over-vickery-deal

• Like 2

88  88  88 88888888888.........Lewis cost us pick 88 can you believe it?

Cheshire cat here....smiling all the way to the bank.........its like daylight robbery under there very noses......pass the gravy WILL....wait we already have it.....breaking out the JW Black tonight guys...

Lewis cost us nothing absolutely nothing....what a dud pick 88 is and the Hawks have 2 in the 80s....lol