Pattaya pulls down illegal signs

Rimmer

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

Absolutely. Beyond the glaringly obvious safety issues....those things are visually hideous monstrosities that should be beyond illegal. I'd wager you won't find a single one of those eyesores anywhere near any of the General's castles, palaces, mansions, chateaus, villas, or estates.

Indeed. The eye-sore bundles of cable, communications wires disappear as well on Naklua So 16, in front of the mansion halfway between Naklua Road and the curve to Wongamat. One doesn't want to spoil the esthetics of the architecture.

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:
On 6/4/2019 at 7:31 PM, sammieuk1 said:

Is there any sign of the beach yet???? 

yeah IT SAYS WATCH OUT FOR SHIFTING SANDS, especially after rain!!!

Ah, it's quicksand then? When it rains, it moves quickly from one location to another.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, mikebell said:

Have all the election posters obscuring the view of oncoming traffic been removed?

They mostly got  removed by the first few gusts of wind that  proceed the monsoon rains.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:24 PM, smedly said:

I walked past a pile out in the open on Klang just laying there - it included a discarded toilet

Not uncommon to see discarded toilets here! never figured it out for years, then had a moment of enlightenment! - when builders start up on a site first thing they install is a toilet if they are going to be there for any length of time, when they leave and clear the site they dump all the garbage at the side of the road, toilet included  - Thai style :shock1:

On 6/4/2019 at 12:24 PM, smedly said:

if they put as much effort into clearing up rubbish

I walked past a pile out in the open on Klang just laying there - it included a discarded toilet (I kid you not) but instead the are removing signs, we all know the reasons - if you want to put a sign there pay up

Money Number one

Ignore the piles of rubbish everywhere because there is no money to be gained removing it

I'm American where are the waste management sites in Thailand I haven't seen any anywhere