Tens of thousand of Thailand’s sex workers left out of pocket due to COVID-19

rooster59

7 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Apparently (I wouldn't know personally) but there is a lovely selection of girls looking for 'love' on Soi 4 BKK

Not the usual ladies of the night either!

Oh, so your one of those people that read Stickboy. Nice steal of his post. ???? 

Traced back to having children they have to support with those that aren't going to stick around. Meaning 90%+ of men, especially here. Thailand leads the world with more children raised by grandparents and family back home. Over 25% and still counting. Sometimes they are helping out their families back in country, and this job gives them more than a legitimate one at KFC's, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, any factory, Tesco, one of a million noodle shops etc etc etc. The downside is being trafficked without consent, (Thailand being one of the worse trafficking places on earth, helped along by some of the police force) diseases of which there are many, more children made from fathers they'll never know, and beatings or death by sick clients. But that's okay, as they are making more than the usual 200 baht a day.

Edited by fredwiggy

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

More panic mongering and utter drivel and nonsense. Nothing to spread, since the virus is gone. 40 cases in the past two weeks, is hardly an issue. And testing means nothing, when the people are not sick. Kissing and sex are healthy, and if anything they boost the immune system!

And if this utterly hapless government were serious about really helping it's people in need, all that would be required to claim the 5,000 baht in assistance, would be a Thai ID card. But, most of us know the degree of their insincerity. 

I think he was referring to the many STD"S that are being spread, and not Covid19.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Used underwear 

Knowing my luck, I'd probably get a pair of my own used undies back!

Or, as it went at my last medical with the doctor trying to explain to me without my understanding Thai:

Doctor: "We will need a blood sample, a stool sample, a urine sample and, possibly, a semen sample to start with".

Me (to my Thai wife): "What did he say?"

My wife (to me, in Tinglish): "He says he needs a pair of your underpants!"

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lopchan said:

This thread certainly didn't disappoint in bringing out the lowest forms of expats

I agree.  You were a little late in turning up, but turn up you absolutely did!!  

????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They were the first hit by losing their regular line of work as the pandemic started and they are likely to be among the last that can go back to work

And their line of work we were told doesn't exist in Thailand... 

I ve been laughing to myself reading through these comments. Not a single shred of sympathy for the hookers.  I'd love to see the faces of all the feminist, do gooder, Man-hating, lefties back in the UK, bet they'd be furiously typing away letters of complaint to The Guardian.  Lol ????????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, samsensam said:

In addition the government has given them little assistance.

Only a few qualified for government 5,000 baht handouts.

did they declare their annual earnings and pay an income tax owing? if they did then they have a case for assistance, if they didn't then they cant really expect help from the government. you make your bed...

The government does not recognize them, so even if they wanted that it is not an option. 

Plus, anyone who believe these women aren't "taxed" really needs to do some more thinking on the issue. 

On 5/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, ozz1 said:

But the government said there is no prostitution in Thailand  so what services are they selling

LAS

Lotion Application Science

A real tax paying job at a basic rate doesn't sound so bad now, does it girls ? At least you'd get government assistance.

But no ! You ad your bone idle family would have rathered you prostitute yourself.

Bad luck, stop whining and suck it up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 19DL86 said:

I ve been laughing to myself reading through these comments. Not a single shred of sympathy for the hookers.  I'd love to see the faces of all the feminist, do gooder, Man-hating, lefties back in the UK, bet they'd be furiously typing away letters of complaint to The Guardian.  Lol ????????

Instead, the sane among us of us reading just think you are pathetic incels throwing around a little baht for attention you couldnt otherwise get. 

Edited by n00dle
  • Confused 1

On 5/23/2020 at 12:17 PM, Pattaya46 said:
On 5/23/2020 at 12:13 PM, 4MyEgo said:
On 5/23/2020 at 11:53 AM, bkk6060 said:

The last 3 days I had 3 different girls come to my room. //

I hope you wear a mask, wash your hands, sanitise and keep your distance ????

Condom may still be more important  ????

You’re right but I was suffocating and had to revert to the mask 

• Haha 1

i always told em to get unemployment insurance ,but they wouldnt listen ,so sure were they that their punters would never dry up.the pimps were taking a lot of them ,so pimps must be suffering the worst of all ,but not shedding a tear for hungry pimps

On 5/23/2020 at 5:53 PM, bkk6060 said:

The last 3 days I had 3 different girls come to my room.

I picked the hottest girls on the dating sites.  Why not?

All interestingly said they worked on Soi 6.

So, they should not complain for the next few days as they were well taken care of.

And thank you, so was I. ????

Hope you avoided the other virus!!

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Surely this thread belongs in pub forum.

Ridiculous.

So what did you expect, a high brow philosophical, social and economical debate on Thailand's unlawful and illegal black market in sex?  Really.
I could try with a post on how the poor unfortunate street level drug dealers are suffering a loss of income due to the nighttime curfew, if you want!