Miracle escape! Thai driver stops for an early morning snooze - then this happens

webfact

Miracle escape! Thai driver stops for an early morning snooze - then this happens

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Phichit man stopped for an early morning snooze after he had been visiting relatives in the Bang Rakam district of Phitsanulok in the north of Thailand. 

Sanook said that Santi, 29, was tired after a drinking session and decided to pull over five meters from a bridge. 

He was on his way home.

His four door Isuzu pick-up was slammed into by a 22 wheel truck trailer that propelled his vehicle onto the bridge and crushed it against the side of the bridge.

The incident happened on Route 117, the Phitsanulok to Nakhon Sawan Road, around 6.30 am yesterday.

Santi had to be cut out of the wreckage but only suffered a minor injury to his left leg and some whiplash.

Sanook called it miraculous. 

He was taken to Naraesuan University Hospital.

Bang Rakam police are investigating. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-29

• Haha 1

What more can you say......  I refer to an old acronym I was taught when I first arrived.... T.I.T. !!!! 

This story has total and utter fv<kwittery written all over it !!!! 

- Drunk Guy decides to sleep it off (feel asleep and cam to a halt at the side of the rd?)

- or pull over to sleep it off in an extremely idiotic location

- Lorry driver can’t keep to his lane 

Again, yet another situation involving two halfwits. If just one of the parties involved had not been a complete and total halfwit no incident would have taken place at all !!!!

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He actually said to the Police he had been in a drinking session !

bet he soon sobered up when the truck smashed into him.

regards Worgeordie

Will he be charged with being drunk in charge of a vehicle?

Poor place to park - karma 

I wonder if he had his parking lights on which I doubt....one of my pet gripes - the # of drivers here who drive with only their parking lights on during early evening or early mornings hours...

cultural habit over common sense 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Santi, 29, was tired after a drinking session and decided to pull over five meters from a bridge.

So he drove for a while then decided he was too drunk to drive and had a snooze on the edge of a highway.

Why not stop at a petrol station? Snooze there.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook said that Santi, 29, was tired after a drinking session

in the real world, Santi's driving license should have been confiscated on the spot before any investigation... he was drunk and had parked his vehicle near by a bridge, two dangerous misconducts, indeed!

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The incident happened on Route 117, the Phitsanulok to Nakhon Sawan Road, around 6.30 am yesterday.

So at 06:30 he has to pull over to get some sleep as he'd been on the booze all night long,

fit to drive... very doubtful !!!!