Long stay visa: Cabinet decision today on "premium" visitors who will have "freedom" of Thailand

webfact

If they want a successful 14 day asq scheme then they need to be willing to let anyone in who is willing and able. I guess they feel if one plan doesn't work the people  shunned will be there waiting to get back in. I doubt that because the longer you wait to make a return reasonable the sooner those overlooked will vacation somewhere else. 

You want money ???? but from certain places ????. I thought the objective is to get all the money ????

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I am returning to the U.S. in a few days. Looks like I won't be high on the list to get back into Thailand for some time. Will plan on staying out. 

Me too. The pandemic rages on and both the USA (at least 50%) and Thailand are really digging in their heels so I expect this to go on for many more months. We got through the worst of it already so at least we can be grateful for that.

• Confused 1

I truly hope that those of us stranded abroad originally on 'retirement' visas are not pushed back in the queue and premium tourists prioritized instead.  I hope this is happening in conjunction with including retirees too.  'Premium tourists' would be those who come at their own convenience and leisure, not for necessity to get back to their homes.  

Only a few hundred of these premium visitors per month allowed from a select group of countries - with very few commercial flights and mainly chartered flights only, arranged by Embassies, I wonder how this will go?  I imagine only the very wealthy will be in this category. Private jets, or prioritized business and first class seating on chartered flights? And will they be flying direct to Phuket or BKK?  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

so anyone hear of any talk about amnesty extension on today's agenda?

It seems like that have already got that issue sorted out .

People already in Thailand need to get a visa or leave by the 26 th 

They are now looking to the future and allowing tourists back into Thailand .

Those still here on the amnesty need to realise theres permission to stay stamp of 26 th September stamped in their PP . Same as a PTS BEFORE the pandemic 

15 minutes ago, CapeTown said:

Flights - $900
3 weeks in a hotel - $1,200
Insurance - $500
Cost of 3 tests - $150
Visa - $150
===========
TOTAL say ~$3,000 annual overhead costs.

This offer would be attractive to persons with a first home who stay three to nine months in Thailand as a second home.

Are these the prices that you suggest should be offered?