Thai PM wants all tourists to wear wristbands - we're not opening the floodgates

webfact

7 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

<deleted>? Would you go somewhere and WEAR GPS???

The day they make all foreigners wear them is the day I move out.

I have a smart watch wouldn't switch the tracker on when I go out at night,the main reason this won't happen is that when the GPS is on it sucks the life out of the device it will need charging 3 times a day.A fitness/activity app on my phone tracks me.Pretty much all of us carry a GPS!!!!! all the time on our phones.When they ask for your passwords and pin number you need to get all CAPITALS AND !!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Assuming that it applies to all foreigners and not just short term visitors, many foreign husbands and fathers of Thais will have to comply, also any retired persons that want to stay in LOS.

I'm not supporting the idea, but I'm surprised it hasn't been done in NZ given the number of people in isolation that escape and have close contact with members of the public.

There's been talk of it being applied in Australia. 

• Haha 1

I believe this first batch will be actors or these millionaires have been doing a different story for GPS bands. Security etc. Surprising move thailand should know chinese despise the controlling government. Could really backfire for the Chinese tourism dollar. Maybe that is the plan.

What about the 14 days quarantine or are they just going to let  them loose in Paragon and all you can eat crab and shrimp buffets. I saw a Central ad going up one of it's escalators the other day — "Shopping is a cure for Covid".  

Edited by straylight
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, connda said:

How fascinating.  Amazing for how little people will sell their souls.  And how easily people can be swayed to embrace totalitarianism.  GPS monitor today.  Tattoo tomorrow.  A 9mm in the head and a dirt nap if you end up on the wrong side of a Geo-political dust up later.
*Pop*  "Farang so easy to find!"

No doubt written inside your bunker safe from the nasty world outside - enjoy

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

This absolutely makes no sense when foreign partner stuck outside Thailand whether married or not but have a family & a life there 

Is it the foreign ATM machine when I'm guessing most own property through whatever means then the Chinese - I don't who did it but original was China & 1st to be let back in - what a <deleted> joke