New Year drink driving crackdown: Slogan to change - drunks to stick their fingers in their nose

rooster59

2 hours ago, djayz said:

We had a pretty serious drink driving problem in Ireland in the 60s, 70s and probably early 80s (as I'm sure many other countries had). Only through strict, on the spot breathalyzer tests, the issuance of hefty fines coupled with points and/or a loss or the driver's licence did the authorities get the problem pretty much under control. Although you'll always find a few chancers, the majority of people refrain from drinking and driving nowadays - it has simply become too expensive, not to mention inconvenient and embarrassing to lose a licence. 

If the authorities here are even remotely serious about tackling this problem, then they must crack down on offenders. Not just once or twice "for show", but day in, day out. Take them to the washers. Compound their vehicles on the spot. Issue hefty fines. Blacklist repeat offenders. The possibilities are endless. 

Too many innocent lives lost on the roads and sweet xxxx all is being done about it. 

One the companies I worked for in uk would add having a driving licence as part of your contract. If anyone lost their licence it was taken as a breach of contract. To my knowledge it never happened but I often wondered, but never asked, if it was legal for them to do that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, overherebc said:

One the companies I worked for in uk would add having a driving licence as part of your contract. If anyone lost their licence it was taken as a breach of contract. To my knowledge it never happened but I often wondered, but never asked, if it was legal for them to do that.

Perfectly legal if the job required driving, especially if driving company vehicles as drunk driving convinctions would affect their insurance costs once the offender got his license back.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

So, having beer, wine, or spirits delivered to one's door, to consume at home, is outlawed. Yes, that will help reduce drink/driving.

The alcohol ban should help promote the A nut in production and sale of medicinal cannabis ????

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

total alcohol ban on sales and purchases online would come in on December 7th. 

if i was a drinker
i would be very concerned about this
it could have a much greater impact, should some other regulations come into affect later on down the road
i dont drink myself, but if i did,

i would be stocking up on at least a years supply of something cheap, just in case.

I'm still not understanding why they are banning on-line booze buying. There can't be any link to it and drunk driving, the country doesn't have the data collecting ability to make that linkage. Taxes are being paid on it so I don't see it hurting government income. It's weird, but then again, so is the mid afternoon ban on buying alcohol in shops to help "stop school children drinking", or some such idea.

Just another TIT example I suppose.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The campaign slogan for this year will change from "Mao Mai Khap" (drunk don't drive) to "Deum mai khap - khap mai deum" (drink don't drive - drive don't drink).

The slogan should read... "drink & drive get 6 months in the pokey".

Cause an accident get one year..

Injure someone get 2 years...

Kill someone it's a manslaughter charge.

On 11/28/2020 at 7:19 PM, rooster59 said:

drunks to stick their fingers

up at the sight of a rare policeman. A Nut in (Government) should be made aware that Speed Kills (maybe thro' drink or mental incapacity.) Curb the speedsters and you'll half the deaths.  A police force would help.

On 11/28/2020 at 7:27 PM, Chelseafan said:

Most Thais I know already stick their fingers up their nose.

Yet more BS from the top. How about actually DOING something rather than talking about it. Impound the vehicle for 90 days or better still crush them. The message will soon get around

well said....too lenient in this country......

I am SURE every Thai....is going to tek notice of new slogan....

more like STICK THEIR FINGERS UP TO THE PERSON WHO THOUGHT IT UP !!

• Haha 1