What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Watched 10 minutes ........ the most woke multi cultural garbage imaginable.

The actors are the most completely hopeless ever, and just seem to have been employed on the basis of not being white.

Absolutely, you get enough of that looking at UK bank sites and supermarket ones where almost every person depicted is ethnic. non white. This was a big disappointment as the greatest sci fi ever written, only to be ruined by box ticking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Episode 1 out there RARBG.

Summary: The lives of two sisters, Theresa, and her older head teacher sibling, Helen, and a missing child.

Gave up after 15 minutes ,apart from the fact its the usual PC black man married to a white woman ,you will need subtitles as they seem to mumble rather than speak clearly ,

by the way they have remade the darling buds of may ,guess what ,the daughter is hooked up with a black tax inspector ,???? what a shock

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 7:26 PM, Douglass34 said:

I am watching the fairy tales filler list. One of the best anime series I ever watched. Fairy Tail Filler Arcs Anime is a great source of entertainment for kids and teenagers too. A large number of anime are being watched all over the world by a large audience who loves and appreciates them. Anime is the invention of the Japanese, And in a very small time period, anime became famous all over the world. Anime usually is based on manga. I used anime filler lists for the guidelines of the series and for the episode lists.

Not just teenagers. For the young at heart of all ages. The Studio Ghibli movies are in the main excellent. For those never watched any, Spirited away is a good one.

Non Ghibli films, for adults, worth watching would be Garden of Words and 5cm a second. I liked Fireworks and the Girl Who Leaped through Time too.

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

Absolutely, you get enough of that looking at UK bank sites and supermarket ones where almost every person depicted is ethnic. non white. This was a big disappointment as the greatest sci fi ever written, only to be ruined by box ticking.

IMO the Dune series was THE greatest, but to each their own. I hope the new movie isn't ruined by woke PC garbage.

On 9/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, bert bloggs said:

Just watched the latest episode of silent witness,well they have gone full on woke,black man married to white woman ,she is disabled with only one arm ,the new girl in the lab is a lesbian  and  the young girl in it is deaf and dumb ,was most dissapointed they did not have a tranny in it ,but i am sure they will soon.

What has happened to tv and movies these days its seems they are all about box ticking. 

That series has been been 'right-on' for the last 20 years. At least they're consistent. Remember the assistant in a wheelchair with severe bone disease? 

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Gave up after 15 minutes ,apart from the fact its the usual PC black man married to a white woman ,you will need subtitles as they seem to mumble rather than speak clearly ,

by the way they have remade the darling buds of may ,guess what ,the daughter is hooked up with a black tax inspector ,???? what a shock

Nothing against a representative numbers of ethnic actors, just too many and never cast in roles featuring really bad characters. Broadchurch was a good example where Lenny Henry's character was a rape suspect, we all know no way he could have played a rapist. The unmasked rapists did look a bit foreign, but made to do it by an evil middle class white guy! They are all to often cast as victims, or in positions of authority, black sub commanders, chief of Police, barrister's etc.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I judge shows on whether they are good and entertaining or not. The obsession on not everyone cast being white and straight anymore says a lot more about the people that bothers than the shows.

An example for me is the new Wonder Years. I grew up and loved the original one. It's a classic. Doing a version with a black perspective was a good idea. But based on watching the pilot it's looking like a failed effort. Because it was meh. Not because of the black casting.

Cheers.

I think your wrong there Jing ,one of my favourite shows is Luther ,and he is black ,but what i dont like and i think most are like me is where people of a difference are shoehorned into shows just to be  Pc , i have not seen one series lately where a black guy isnt married to a white girl ,or gay people are in it just for no reason other than its "the new normal" and believe me i could not care less if someone is gay ,its their life up to them ,but why rainbow police cars and gay pride marches ,why not straight pride marches as well? ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

New one by Netflix is out there with subs RARBG.

Summary: A young woman is found brutally murdered in a playground and one of her hands is missing. Above her hangs a small man made of chestnuts.

19 hours ago, petermik said:

English subs anywhere please?

Thanks after downloading I discovered the subs files... what confused me initially it stated Danish in the torrents without mentioning subs...all is good ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I think your wrong there Jing ,one of my favourite shows is Luther ,and he is black ,but what i dont like and i think most are like me is where people of a difference are shoehorned into shows just to be  Pc , i have not seen one series lately where a black guy isnt married to a white girl ,or gay people are in it just for no reason other than its "the new normal" and believe me i could not care less if someone is gay ,its their life up to them ,but why rainbow police cars and gay pride marches ,why not straight pride marches as well? ????

Agree. The Queen Mary ( of Scotland ) movie had a black actor playing a white nobleman's part. When it's an historical film and they do stuff like that it makes one wonder what else they changed from reality.

If it isn't significant I don't care. Seen plenty of movies with black actors and no problem.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There have been straight pride parades. Like in Uganda where the marchers were advocating murdering gay people. Do get you even begin to get the point? I doubt it. 

You're sick of diversity in entertainment, I'm sick of people negatively judging shows on that alone.

An occasional post like that wherever but it's been like a constant broken record on this topic.

This show too woke. That show too woke. That show has an interracial couple for no apparent reason as if a reason is needed.

Enough already!

Some old white men don't like much of modern entertainment because straigbt white "normal" people don't completely dominate plot lines anymore. Message received ad nauseum.

Fortunately there's still freedom of speech and choice.

Brutally violent.

Made in South Korea. And set to be Netflix's biggest global hit ever 

TOM LEONARD: Brutally violent. Made in South Korea. And set to be Netflix's biggest global

My Wife watch this last week......absolutely transfixed to the TV.......

Head of the streaming giant Netflix, has confirmed that Squid Game  is expected to become the biggest programme the network has ever shown. It is Netflix's top-rated show in 90 countries, including the UK and U.S., despite being in Korean and appearing with almost no fanfare. Some 95 per cent of its viewers are reportedly outside Korea. But the survival drama thriller offers more than gore: it is a sharp social satire about rich and poor, some say, but also a relentlessly tense mystery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Sorry Jing but i dont trawl the internet to find out that in Uganda they had a straight pride march to kill gays ,i was talking about us in the west,and as to progs being "woke" you just have to see the number of people who now do not bother to watch these shows any longer ,i dont wish to argue with you as i guess your not a bad guy ,but it is getting silly where every series now has to have a black man married or dating a white woman ,or like in Vigil where the female detective has a daughter but is now a lesbian . its just put in to be "modern" anyway lets just beg to differ.

I have to agree (kind of) with both sides. One is where in a historical setting suddenly knights are black. Kind of surprising to me. Two is when a modern series shows race/sexual diversity, don't bother me 2 much but I have to agree that they (the industry) takes it a bit over the top once in a while. 

• Like 1

A little while back someone mentioned the movie "Magnolia" with Tom Cruise and Philip Seymour Hoffman to name but a few, so I thought I would download and watch it as I don't remember seeing it before.

And for me it was a complete and utter mess of a movie, and I had to cringe at the overacting of Tom Cruise, especially in the crying scene – – such a shame as I was looking forward to enjoying it.

27 minutes ago, xylophone said:

A little while back someone mentioned the movie "Magnolia" with Tom Cruise and Philip Seymour Hoffman to name but a few, so I thought I would download and watch it as I don't remember seeing it before.

And for me it was a complete and utter mess of a movie, and I had to cringe at the overacting of Tom Cruise, especially in the crying scene – – such a shame as I was looking forward to enjoying it.

I wasn't the one who mentioned it, but I remember I really liked Magnolia when I saw it. Time to give revisit it one day. I remember the raining frogs.

It had the same receptoin as Guy Richies 'Revolver' - At the time a lot of people thought it was a load of balls.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I agree ,if there was a series with a mixed race couple ,no problem ,but just check out the new series being shown , and from what i am told the adverts in the UK ,  there is nearly always a black and white couple ,so often a gay couple ,and i am sorry if this offends gay people but i hate seeing two guys kissing ,why put it in? and the changing of history ,what would be the outcry if they had white actors taking black parts(i know it used to happen ,but that was only years ago there were no actors of colour to take the parts) its like having dr who as a woman ,lowest viewing figures ever ,now they talk of having James Bond being female ,or maybe a man with a cervix? sorry ime going on ,i shall stop here.

So you want gay sexuality to not be depicted when that's part of the story but presumably hetero sexuality is OK to show? That's about as homophobic as it gets.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wonder what ever happened to living your own life, minding your own business ?

Some want to march in a rainbow parade.

Some want to beat those in the parade.

Want to fight injustice - become a politician and run for office seems to be the only way to effect change.

And good luck with that - people being how they are.

24 Hours in Police Custody---- Started today  Season 12.

Just 2  episodes 2nd on the 4th..... Usual format, so look forward to a lot of no comment---no comment..... I am beginning  to think that all the crims watch these programs and follow that line.

EP 1--

Police officers search for a man in Luton who disguises himself as a delivery driver to force his way into people's homes and commit brutal assaults. However, when the police investigation fails to make headway, the family of one of the victims launch a campaign for information on social media - which increases the likelihood of the criminal seeing he is at risk of discovery and going to ground.

**FYI---  its on EZTV now.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1