What precautions are you taking for the developing situation.

BritManToo

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You missed the toilet roll ! 5555

The other item I stocked up on last time was bottled water.

Dont think things are going that way just yet are they ?

In Chiang Mai,

My kids school closed yesterday until further notice.

My other kids university sent a letter to all the 'work experience' sites saying expect to lose all your free staff in the next few days.

if that isn't 'going that way', I  don't know what is.

I did buy a 36 pack of toilet rolls while I was in Makro.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

We are well stocked up on most things, loads of rice and pasta 2 freezers full of food just need to get a couple of cases of beers, the last time I just about lasted with the beers it was available for double the price I never bought any from them,

As a spirit drinker, I have steadily put in a supply since well before Christmas. If it does crank up, I will finish with sangsom. Always available, but, uuuu-gh. Still I picked up my bar at Index living mall on Tuesday, chuffed at that. A bar table, for the view-rec room. Boozing, for sure, but will put in a stylish drip coffee maker from Hillkoff at one end. It's where I laptop at, like now. Pasta, rice, frozen chicken, duck  and shrimp, sure. Life goes on.

I'll buy more disinfectant, that for when the G's sister shows up. More to scare her away. Lockdown what lockdown? This is everyday living.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If nobody panic buys there won't be a shortage.

Exactly. There will always be enough of everything to go round and the supermarkets will never close. 

Panic buying is beyond selfish.

NINTCHDBPICT000571659909-e1584527879438.jpg

53 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You missed the toilet roll ! 5555

The other item I stocked up on last time was bottled water.

Dont think things are going that way just yet are they ?

Well I prefer a bum gun to bogroll and we have a decent filter for our drinking/cooking/fruit & Veg washing water.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TSF said:

I've stocked up on beer, I expect that to be banned soon, don't see any point in stocking up on food, we did that last time and it was totally unnecessary, especially for us as we live in a small  rural community which is pretty well self sufficient. There are local markets all around and farmers/growers sell their produce, We do shop in the nearby Tesco but if it shut down it wouldn't really matter.

Exactly the same here!

Apart from not being able to go into town for a beer in the evening there is no change to life here in the sticks whatsoever for me

• Like 2

Just now, TSF said:

Hard to believe there are long term expats here who still use bog roll. I gave up on using the dreadful stuff about a month after I first arrived in Thailand and got into the habit of using water. I use bog roll today to blow my nose.

I don't use it much, but the women in the house all use it instead of panty pads.

...... and like CharlieH says, and for kitchen tissue.

Probably too much information.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TSF said:

Hard to believe there are long term expats here who still use bog roll. I gave up on using the dreadful stuff about a month after I first arrived in Thailand and got into the habit of using water. I use bog roll today to blow my nose.

almost all toilet paper is a joke that decay in a half time of 3 sec of use,

but scott brand works as god intended

Im just off to   buy  my gin  and  a carton of that stuff  called beer in this country.  I usually  stay around the house, got enought things to do to keep me busy, the wife, of course, being a typical Thai, has to go the marketys at least twice a day.  I spray her with Dettol  when she comes home..   Told her  I am considering  putting the garden hose over her as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1