Immigration income issue

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no rule that states that the transfers have to be on or about the same day every month.

Is it not once every CALENDAR month, so you could actually do 65k on 31st and another on 1st.

• Like 1

It's only a shakedown if that kind of fee is demanded after all the legal requirements have been met. IMO 15K is a reasonable fee for sorting out the aftermath of neglecting to get the ducks in a row.

As for swimming the Mekong, I have heard of several people who have crossed borders illegally, via the jungle or a river. It doesn't end well when the absence of valid stamps denoting entry or exit is noted when attempting to leave or enter on an airline, a quick trip to the hoosegow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no rule that states that the transfers have to be on or about the same day every month.

Yes. There's also no rule that stops an immigration officer objecting to a variance greater than 10 days or questioning why there are differing amounts each month. There have been posts by some members who have encountered these ad-hoc objections.

• Like 1

How do you swim the Mekong with a bike?

In all seriousness though, land borders remain closed and this income issue is clearly of the OP's own making, so instead of ranting, taking the offer or finding another workaround would be more sensible.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

15000 baht to Immigration will be cheaper than an agent. Take the deal. I will be curious where you have to deliver the money.

My agent & many others are cheaper than that, my pal in Korat had to pay 20 k to the top person there as they refused to divide one of his pensions paid quarterly by 3, go figure, he's  back on a marriage Visa extension now.

I believe you are taken to a quiet, out of sight office to complete the transaction, fruit & BBQd chicken are optional extras ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Op you can only blame yourself for poor planning, the 65k every month thing has been discussed here for ages.

Follow the rules or pay an agent

This is not always going to be the persons fault, my pension pays on the 1st of every month, except when the 1st falls on a Saturday, a Sunday or a public holiday, when they pay early. In the last year 4 months had double payments, therefore 4 months had no payments, therefore through no fault of mine, I would also have fallen foul of "the every month" rule. Luckily I am on the "money in bank" route, but how long I can maintain it I don't know.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

This is not always going to be the persons fault, my pension pays on the 1st of every month, except when the 1st falls on a Saturday, a Sunday or a public holiday, when they pay early. In the last year 4 months had double payments, therefore 4 months had no payments, therefore through no fault of mine, I would also have fallen foul of "the every month" rule. Luckily I am on the "money in bank" route, but how long I can maintain it I don't know.

Debatable, could have received the pension\s in your home currency then transferred to Thailand in one go on a date of your choosing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, deadbeat said:

OK geniuses,

Here is the deal, agent wants 7k, which is what I usually pay. Well worth it, no waiting in line, in and out in less than 5 mins. The brownshirts want 15k to overlook my non compliance. Total 22k so nice little earner for them.   Methinks there is another way to skin this cat by going for 60 day then extra 30 day which takes me into June,  I would like to be outa here anyway for the wet season,  so maybe a little trip somewhere close,  then when things have some semblance of normality and Thaiairways is back in action hightail it and return Oct ish.

I had hoped that I would have had more positive replies and maybe some ideas to mull over but true to form only negative responses that take delight in pointing out the error of my ways. 

They aint getting the money, I'd rather give it to the dogs home.

Hope you all have a nice day.

How about quarantine costs? Proof of insurance? Covid test results?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Debatable, could have received the pension\s in your home currency then transferred to Thailand in one go on a date of your choosing

No bank account in home country, when I moved to Thailand 15 years ago my bank closed my accounts, as no UK address and TransferWise did not exist.