SURVEY: Will Thailand get the virus under control?

Scott

SURVEY: Covid, out of control or controllable?  

473 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the government continues not to implement widespread testing - they'll get it under control.
If the government implements widespread testing - it will rage like wild-fire.

Perception is the key.  To ruin tourism for the foreseeable future or to paint a happy narrative. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3) No, the gov't is inept and we will see widespread illness and death.

Judging by the above, 50% voted this way at time pf posting, which tells me most TVF posters have little confidence in the Thai "democratically" elected government, hmmm, I wonder why that would be.

I would be very interested to know how this strain of the virus came into Thailand, especially when they are not supposed to be bringing in migrant workers, brown envelopes for truck loads possibly, but no ones talking or even looking that way.

This is what should be traced, not only where people with the virus have been, go to the other source and put an end to it, or is that too big that they won't take down their own vs brown envelopes ?

Missing some options there.

The government is inept, but the CCSA, doctors, health workers and the army of over a million local health volunteers will hopefully get this mess under control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given the poll results - this will be entertaining.  I hope they get it under control.
If they don't, there will probably be a huge backlash regarding the vaccine snafu as Thais start asking embarrassing questions about the snails-pace of vaccine acquisitions and roll-out as well as why the Thai AZ manufacturer isn't producing vaccines.  To these public inquiries someone will respond with anger, alcohol spray, and cardboard cutouts.   So, again - personally I hope they get it under control for the sake of Thailand.  I think a regional epidemic could create political instability and I've watch that play out over and over since elder Thaksin was deposed in 2006.  I'd rather not see in happen again even though I have no dog in the fight - I still reside here and I prefer residing in a peaceful country.

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

I posted this yesterday.

An article published in TV the other day listed all the sources for vaccines to thake Thailand to full vaccination. Home grown from Siam Bioscience wasn't one of them. The date for production to start has been put back several times, latest June. It now looks like they have abandoned the idea (probably funding went elsewhere, possibly Cayman Islands). Best not mention Siam Bioscience again.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I very much worry less about suffering covid than being denied return to Thailand and my job along with my Thai wife. The mountain of senseless paperwork $$, quarantine $$$ and business class flight $$$$. Assuming the latter still a thing?

So disappointed.

125th of 150. Jus' sayin

I have a Thai wife and a good job or I'd be gone. What's your silly excuse?

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I posted this yesterday.

They keep saying that they are not impeding the import of vaccines, but then if you probe you get a backstory that the correct paperwork hasn't been submitting in the proper manner by the relevant parties, blah, blah, blah.  In typical Thai beauacratic fashion they'll point the finger at someone else while claiming they are not part of the problem.  Face-saving 101.  They should be fast-tracking application and permits for vaccines that have been given the green light in places like the US, UK, and EU.  Honestly, if they are going to let tourists in who have had one of the 10 or so vaccinations now being used globally, then those same vaccines should have been given the green light in Thailand.....yesterday.
But here we are - a handful of Sinovac and AZ were procured and given out to special people although some did make it to at risk groups.  But they seem to be more worried about Phuket's tourism (and tourism in general) than their own aged, at-risk populations and the welfare of the Thai population as a whole.
"Don't worry plebs, you'll start getting shots in June, maybe."

Edited by connda
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, polpott said:

An article published in TV the other day listed all the sources for vaccines to thake Thailand to full vaccination. Home grown from Siam Bioscience wasn't one of them. The date for production to start has been put back several times, latest June. It now looks like they have abandoned the idea (probably funding went elsewhere, possibly Cayman Islands). Best not mention Siam Bioscience again.

I thought AstraZeneca ( Thailand ) was exactly that Siam Bioscience? 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, polpott said:

Here you go.

Ministry of Public Health, Siam Bioscience, SCG and AstraZeneca join forces on COVID-19 vaccine manufacturing for Thailand and South East Asia

24n3r60ze5okg0skgg.jpg

Supports vaccination in Thailand starting in the first half of 2021

Bangkok, Thailand, 12 October 2020 – The Ministry of Public Health, Siam Bioscience, SCG and British-Swedish biopharmaceutical company AstraZeneca today signed a Letter of Intent on the manufacturing and supply of the University of Oxford’s potential COVID-19 vaccine AZD1222.

• Like 1

Pretty obvious why Sinovac is now the preferred vaccine supplier given who has a major holding in the company. Only problem is that Sinovac does not have a good efficacy against the UK CV19 strain which is now prevalent in Thailand and a super spreader... 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

Here you go.

Ministry of Public Health, Siam Bioscience, SCG and AstraZeneca join forces on COVID-19 vaccine manufacturing for Thailand and South East Asia

24n3r60ze5okg0skgg.jpg

Supports vaccination in Thailand starting in the first half of 2021

Bangkok, Thailand, 12 October 2020 – The Ministry of Public Health, Siam Bioscience, SCG and British-Swedish biopharmaceutical company AstraZeneca today signed a Letter of Intent on the manufacturing and supply of the University of Oxford’s potential COVID-19 vaccine AZD1222.

Exactly. So where is it?

The U.K. strain has proven itself to spread more easily and a bigger killer. 

They should have locked down the U.K. when they discovered in September last year it or at least when they knew it was worse in November. 

The politicians were playing it down, they were distracted by Brexit but the medical experts called it last year. They said it was more contagious, it would kill more, the symptoms would be more severe and that the vaccines would not be as effective against it. They were spot on. 

Now it is too late. It has spread across the globe.

• Like 1

Just now, Natai Beach said:

The U.K. strain has proven itself to spread more easily and a bigger killer. 

They should have locked down the U.K. when they discovered in September last year it or at least when they knew it was worse in November. 

The politicians were playing it down, they were distracted by Brexit but the medical experts called it last year. They said it was more contagious, it would kill more, the symptoms would be more severe and that the vaccines would not be as effective against it. They were spot on. 

Now it is too late. It has spread across the globe.

It would have been too late then, it was already in several countries at that time. Furthermore, there's no hard evidence that it originated in the UK. 

Just now, faraday said:

How much do you get paid for these surveys , Scott,?

And my post is gone....no doubt labelled as a troll post.

Could do a survey of whether people would like to see the return of "World News"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1