Mask fines and rules

connda

I just saw this on Thai TV a few minutes ago.

The basic rule for wearing masks is a blanket, one-size-fits-all, no exception rule:  If you leave your property (land, apartment, townhouse, etc) you must wear a mask at all times after leaving.

Mask fines:
1st fine:  6,000 THB
2nd fine:  12,000 THB

3rd fine:  20,000 THB

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The from the NBT Facebook page.

image.png.8778e1ae6997145f8984a51236394abe.png

4. Children under 2 years ........... must avoid crowded places or risky areas.

Do they have any say in the matter, where the parent goes they go, so the 2 year old faces a 20,000 Baht fine while the parent who is wearing a mask is OK.

Come on make sense with your regulations.

11 hours ago, Excel said:

When we go out on the bike now I always try to persuade my wife to wear a substantial mask, rather than the thin ones, so she know wears my favourite  ????

il_340x270.2604533486_l7lv.jpg

I purchased some of these for the bedroom, had to shave the wife's hairy lip though as it kept getting tangled.

1048443882_facemask.jpg.35b499cdbd22493c1468530c5078dc86.jpg

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/mam-adult-zipper-opening-design-protective-face-maskers-with-eyes-shield-detachable-i1949834452.html

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

So I get to sit in the car wearing a mask with my wife who I spend 24/7 with in the house ????

You may see it all in the wrong way. Instead, think about what is easiest, that everyone who is in the same car wears a mask or to prove that they are married / live in the same household. The former definitely goes faster.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Parsve said:

You may see it all in the wrong way. Instead, think about what is easiest, that everyone who is in the same car wears a mask or to prove that they are married / live in the same household. The former definitely goes faster.

Or I can drive about with my marriage certificate and our Id on the dashboard ready to hand to the first person that asks why we are not wearing masks in the car ! ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Or I can drive about with my marriage certificate and our Id on the dashboard ready to hand to the first person that asks why we are not wearing masks in the car ! ????

Of course you can (you also have to bring your house book), but as I said it will be much easier to control, mask or no mask.

13 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Which provinces are they mandatory? I live up north and I do not think they are mandatory but I do use a mask when out. 

Changing hourly, up to 56 provinces last I looked.

Chart above lists 54.

Might be simpler to just list the provinces where there is no mask mandate?

1 hour ago, worrab said:

Regarding mask wearing in cars, I think you will find that is only applicable in the Bangkok Metropolitan Area as they are the ones who have implemented it.  

It covers every province that has these mask restrictions. You should really try to read them and you could save yourself a 6000baht first offence fine. If you really check up these laws you will find that Bangkok is the first and only one so far to list that "If only driver in the car no mask needed". That wording is missing from all the other provinces which means even if only driver in the car the driver must still wear a mask. I have seen the fine receipt for 1 friend for 500baht for not wearing a mask in his car and he was alone in the car. But yesterday as reported on TVF the police commander of Area 1 criticized his officers for issuing 500baht fines and said that the minimum first fine is 6000baht

Edited by Russell17au

Outside, in the sun, alone, by yourself, no one around - and get fined.
Pity the farmers, although I doubt the cops will come out into the rural boondocks. 

This is where government transforms its focus from actually public safety to that of simply being an oppressive force with their citizens as the targets.  Projecting power for the sake of power projection. 
As I've stated before, "What fun is having power if you can't wield it?"
So now they go full authoritarian.  That must be sexually gratifying for the elites making up this nonsense.

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."
- Henry Kissinger

6 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

Don't punish citizens simply because the "Leaders" are not capable  managing the virus situation.

The "Leaders" at the top allowed infected citizens from Red Zone to travel across the entire country during Songkran therefore setting off this 'wave' and yet, they claim no responsibility.  Imho, that action, based on the consequences we now see, was essentially criminal.  What their motivation was for doing what they did was criminally negligent.

But?  Fearless "Leaders" are Flawless. 
The blame will always be shifted to the public as well as the consequences.  The justice system is only for commoners and political enemies. 

I was berated, and felt threatened, on my sunset walk inside our mooban last night for not wearing a mask. All too easy to get turned in.

CDC via WaPo April 28: “Officials say that even unvaccinated individuals may go without masks when walking, jogging or biking outdoors with members of their households.”

Edited by unblocktheplanet
correction

Are those plastic face shields I have seen no longer  considered ok? I do still see people using them instead of a mask. I only ask because I ride with a helmet with a face shield that protects like those  face shields or maybe I still need a mask even when I wear my helmet with a face shield. 

Of course I would put a mask on after I take off my helmet.  

3 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

Are those plastic face shields I have seen no longer  considered ok? I do still see people using them instead of a mask. I only ask because I ride with a helmet with a face shield that protects like those  face shields or maybe I still need a mask even when I wear my helmet with a face shield. 

Of course I would put a mask on after I take off my helmet.  

Face shields aren't INSTEAD of a mask. They're meant to be an additional thing instead of a mask. There are huge air gaps with only a face shield. Of course the way so many people actually wear their masks, there are large gaps with masks as well. 

Interestingly I have learned that in the Philippines masks AND shields are required to enter shopping malls and I assume other public indoor spaces as well. Didn't catch on here.

10 hours ago, connda said:

Outside, in the sun, alone, by yourself, no one around - and get fined.
Pity the farmers, although I doubt the cops will come out into the rural boondocks. 

I doubt a farmer in his field is considered to be in a public place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Face shields aren't INSTEAD of a mask. They're meant to be an additional thing instead of a mask. There are huge air gaps with only a face shield. Of course the way so many people actually wear their masks, there are large gaps with masks as well. 

Interestingly I have learned that in the Philippines masks AND shields are required to enter shopping malls and I assume other public indoor spaces as well. Didn't catch on here.

Correction:

They're meant to be an additional thing IN ADDITION TO a mask.